• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Rorschach said:
SMH. Matrix, I told you not to take that shit to heart. Bjoern is no more "cheese" than any of the overrated HBs. 32 teams passed on Bjoern and 20 of them passed on him twice. If they thought so much of him, they should have scooped him up.

I said I need to be more like Luke, but my personality is I honestly don't like fucking with people or being considered a cheeser. Do you remember me blowing up years ago when Ando accused my throwing deep as cheesing?

It's a personality fault I have, I care too much about what other people think. It's always been the way I am.

Mrbob

Matrix said:
I said I need to be more like Luke, but my personality is I honestly don't like fucking with people or being considered a cheeser. Do you remember me blowing up years ago when Ando accused my throwing deep as cheesing?

It's a personality fault I have, I care too much about what other people think. It's always been the way I am.

Smh, you need to learn how to wing the deep pass again. :x

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/18250887

Fifty

CB3 said:
Holy shit. Dodged a bullet.

GG Fifty

Yeah that was a classic. It's funny..I lost to the CPU, beat Peterboy in the last minute of the game, but I also get into a serious shootout that I almost won with one of the better players and teams in the game . :lol It was fun though, and that's all that mattered. And no f'ing drama to boot. I'm 2-3 with a very solid team, so that kind of sucks, but at least all of my games have been extremely competitive. No matter your skill level, I will deliver a close game!

Wellie actually messaged me in-game asking me to save a replay (I don't know how the hell he knew we had a weird blocked FG play, I'm guessing CB IM'ed him).. I didn't save it. The loss didn't devastate me, but I'm not going to wait around to save and upload a replay in a game I didn't win. Plus, Smokey and Matrix's replay is crazier than any we will see this season.

Pheeniks: You messaged me saying that you proposed that trade, but I didn't see it. I did however propose it to you in-game AND on the site. There's nothing in my inbox in-game. I don't really care, so the ball's in your court.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Mrbob said:
Smh, you need to learn how to wing the deep pass again. :x

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/18250887

Schaub has a noodle arm and he can't get it over any CB, pretty pathetic how average they made him in this game. It's bad enough that he can't run for shit like in real life, but his arm and overall rating is to low. I except a bump in both next season.

The dude can throw some of the prettiest deep PA passes in real life.

I can't wing shit, I can't even get players to catch short throws.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Rorschach said:
SMH. Matrix, I told you not to take that shit to heart. Bjoern is no more "cheese" than any of the overrated HBs. 31 teams passed on Bjoern and 20 of them passed on him twice. If they thought so much of him, they should have scooped him up.

:lol This season's schedules are so crappy.

Fixed. I didn't have a 1st round pick, and I considered him then, but by the time the draft board was known, I traded the 1st to Wellie for a CB. Would have grabbed him with my 2nd, but Matty took him (after we talked about him).

looks like i play you next lonestar! time for tom tom to eat it

28mluh.gif

Lonestar

FrenchMovieTheme said:
looks like i play you next lonestar! time for tom tom to eat it

28mlh.gif

It's been awhile.

Just hope my Run Defense holds up. And for your Pass Defense to hold up too :D

Lonestar said:
It's been awhile.

Just hope my Run Defense holds up. And for your Pass Defense to hold up too :D

well i will have frank the tank back, so you won't have to deal with keller as much. But rest assured you will get a heavy dose of keller..... running and receiving!

p.s. 5 games left! will we unlock the elusive 24 hour advancement period!? only time will tell!

Lonestar

FrenchMovieTheme said:
well i will have frank the tank back, so you won't have to deal with keller as much. But rest assured you will get a heavy dose of keller..... running and receiving!

p.s. 5 games left! will we unlock the elusive 24 hour advancement period!? only time will tell!

Well, I can notch those 2 on my "HB CARNIVAL FUNHOUSE" Board. Already faced Girley/Okoye, then Keller, Bjeorn week 13, Leron James week 16, and then throw in the standards of Gore, McFadden, whoever LJ runs with, Ronnie Brown and then Greene from the Jets.

You won't be getting Taylor :( Might be seeing more of the T-Brone.

Lonestar said:
Well, I can notch those 2 on my "HB CARNIVAL FUNHOUSE" Board. Already faced Girley/Okoye, then Keller, Bjeorn week 13, Leron James week 16, and then throw in the standards of Gore, McFadden, whoever LJ runs with, Ronnie Brown and then Greene from the Jets.

You won't be getting Taylor :( Might be seeing more of the T-Brone.

i am going to feast on tribows innards. and yes i mean that in a gay way

Lonestar

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i am going to feast on tribows innards. and yes i mean that in a gay way

Well, as long as I can avoid throwing into anything but drag routes and HB Flats with him..good luck!

Matrix

Rorschach said:
Wow that was horrible. GG I guess. No offense Crow, but I hope we never play again. That lag was unbearable.

haha that's what I said after I played him and thankfully it's only been one time.

Poor Crow :(

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
With the debut of the series, online play for UFC 2009 featured only ranked fights and had no draw other than personal stats. However in an attempt to bolster the feature set and overall online experience, THQ will be adding in an online league structure for UFC 2010 Undisputed. Stick Skills has cited information in the May edition of OXM that details among other things the debut of online leagues.

Naturally, the online component is back, and not only will you take fights to Xbox Live, but you’ll now be able to start online leagues as well. Hardcore mixed-martial-arts fans know that almost all big-name fighters train in groups, and that a win for a single fighter is more like a win for the whole team. Now you can take your fighters online with your friends and try to create groups as dominant as Team Quest, Black House, or Top Team.

I dont even watch much MMA but we gotta do this. We can split up into teams and factions and shit

Team Secret Society: FMT, DM, Rors

Team Fuck Yo Shit: CB, Luke, Smokey

Team Im Gonna Quit....JUST KIDDING!: Daw, LJ, Fifty, Lonestar, Astro

Team I Talk Shit All Fucking Day But I Never Finish Above Last In My Division: Livewire

Matrix

you forgot...

Team Cream Cheese: Matrix, Bob
Team Fluke: CB

LiveWire

I was thinking about getting UFC since I heard it was as good if not better than FNR4. Didn't know about the online leagues, sounds interesting. I have a feeling this is just another Burnout Paradise waiting to happen.

CK, did you try out SC2 yet? I'm around anytime after 9 tonight if you want to get some games in...

Matrix

Speaking of games not related to Madden, I finally beat God of war 2 and I played about the first 10 mins of GOW3 this morning and HOLY FUCKING CUM SHOTS ALL OVER MY HDTV

Those are my quick impressions.

Nightz

I played UFC and though I knew nothing about the sport, I enjoyed it a lot more than Fight Night. I'd definitely be interested in doing a league for it.

Smokey

Team Fuck Yo Shit would be too cold for the other teams.

Team I'm Gonna Quit would put up a good battle because Daw Fifty have a little big of anger in them when pushed. Just a little.

Matrix said:
Speaking of games not related to Madden, I finally beat God of war 2 and I played about the first 10 mins of GOW3 this morning and HOLY FUCKING CUM SHOTS ALL OVER MY HDTV

Those are my quick impressions.

The first 10 minutes of GOW3 are some of the craziest I've every played. That's not even the best boss fight in the game either IMO:D

daw840

Smokey said:
Team Fuck Yo Shit would be too cold for the other teams.

Team I'm Gonna Quit would put up a good battle because Daw Fifty have a little big of anger in them when pushed. Just a little.

Yall don't want to fuck with me at UFC....just sayin

Matrix

Smokey said:
TThe first 10 minutes of GOW3 are some of the craziest I've every played. That's not even the best boss fight in the game either IMO:D

I just sat on my couch like :O the whole time till I reached a save point, I'm sure some drool dripped out the side of my mouth.

I was floored by the demo, but this WOW

Matrix

I can say Fifty is pretty damn good at UFC games or I'm pretty fucking awful. We both got the game and he abused me so much I sold it off :lol

Fifty

Just to be clear, I am not going to join a UFC league created by a guy who doesn't even watch MMA. Not that the game needs a complete knowledge of the nuances of the sport, but I don't want CB telling me that we need more people on the team using Tank Abbot.

daw840

Matrix said:
I can say Fifty is pretty damn good at UFC games or I'm pretty fucking awful. We both got the game and he abused me so much I sold it off :lol

I talk a lot of shit about that game, but I haven't played in probably a year, maybe 9 months, so I would probably get my ass kicked mercilessly. :lol

I did used to be pretty fucking good at that game though.

Mrbob

Fifty said:
Just to be clear, I am not going to join a UFC league created by a guy who doesn't even watch MMA. Not that the game needs a complete knowledge of the nuances of the sport, but I don't want CB telling me that we need more people on the team using Tank Abbot.

:lol

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LiveWire said:
I was thinking about getting UFC since I heard it was as good if not better than FNR4. Didn't know about the online leagues, sounds interesting. I have a feeling this is just another Burnout Paradise waiting to happen.

CK, did you try out SC2 yet? I'm around anytime after 9 tonight if you want to get some games in...
Not yet. I'm in tonight tho.

Remember the EPIC battles you and I used to have in Fight Night? I don't even remember if it was PS2 or Xbox. I remember in our "league" I was undefeated for a long time, like going 30-0 or something and you beat me pretty good. That game was so fucking awesome.

daw840

Wellington said:

Remember the EPIC battles you and I used to have in Fight Night? I don't even remember if it was PS2 or Xbox. I remember in our "league" I was undefeated for a long time, like going 30-0 or something and you beat me pretty good. That game was so fucking awesome.

I used to play FN3 constantly. I never even bought 4 though, I heard it sucked. :(

I was really hoping for an improvement.

LiveWire

Wellington said:

Yea, I think we created ourselves as boxers for the league. You had insane reach, but I had the power. It was like Ali-Frazier. :lol

That was old school Fight Night 1 on PS2 online--around the same time we all played Midtown Madness 3 on the original Xbox Live service. How's that for a blast from the past?

GAF abandoned FNR2 cause of the haymakers, and FNR3 was popular for a while but never as much as the first. FNR4 is the best in the series, IMHO, but that never got off the ground as far as popularity.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I never played anything after FNR1. I should look into 4.

It was the OG Madden guys that were in the FN tourneys. FMT, Rors, DM, Wasabi, Dskillz, Migs, you, sefskillz.... I am sure I am forgetting some. It was good times.

Rorschach

Wellington said:
I never played anything after FNR1. I should look into 4.

It was the OG Madden guys that were in the FN tourneys. FMT, Rors, DM, Wasabi, Dskillz, Migs, you, sefskillz.... I am sure I am forgetting some. It was good times.
It was unfair because DM created a HW and I'm sure he's not! On top of it, he had awesome speed.

He would knock me out and then punch me five times in the head before I hit the ground.:lol :(

My little middleweight didn't stand a chance. :(

Top Bottom