• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Hmmm... Isn't there a game for PS3 that is similar to MM, downloadable right now, features a big city where you can play different racing modes, you can smash into traffic and into friends, and is in general a blast to play?

Anyone remember what that game is called? If only people would actually download it.

BTW - My Madden 10 install is at 7.1 gigs. Getting rid of that file will be epic.

Mrbob

Got the game in EA didn't screw me. Had 400 yards passing and 4tds in my first game...only 245 and 3tds in this one smh ea i want my jcut td back. :(

Rorschach

Wellington said:
Hmmm... Isn't there a game for PS3 that is similar to MM, downloadable right now, features a big city where you can play different racing modes, you can smash into traffic and into friends, and is in general a blast to play?

Anyone remember what that game is called? If only people would actually download it.

BTW - My Madden 10 install is at 7.1 gigs. Getting rid of that file will be epic.
I think install is only a little over 6 gigs. You probably have a lot of saves/replays. I know I do. :(

I wish there was a game like Burnout 3: Takedown on the PS3/360. No fucking errand running or gps bullshit.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Mrbob said:
Got the game in EA didn't screw me. Had 400 yards passing and 4tds in my first game...only 245 and 3tds in this one smh ea i want my jcut td back. :(
JCut's renaissance year continues. 16 TDs 1 int. That is pretty damned impressive.

I'm throwing exactly 1 pick every game, which is fine by me since I ended last year with 25. CJ already has more than half of the receptions of my leading receiver last year, And this is only five games into the season.

Of course, the leading receiver in the league is Greg Olsen.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
LiveWire said:
Wait, you can install games on 360? When did this happen?

JimHalpert.gif

LiveWire

Wellington said:

Pfft, Olsen is a little bitch.

Tony Gonzalez Washington Redskins 9 catches 124 yd 13.78 ypc 31.00 ypg 22 long 5 TDs

Every other catch is a TD for Gonzo! You can't beat that with a stick!

daw840

LiveWire said:

Tony Gonzalez Washington Redskins 9 catches 124 yd 13.78 ypc 31.00 ypg 22 long 5 TDs

Hell yeah. I really should have picked him up in the FA draft. I really thought about it too.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LiveWire said:

Cooley's game in week 4 was the most successful TE game against me across Seasons 3 and 4. Impressive work buddy, but no catches for Gonzo.

LiveWire

Wellington said:
Cooley's game in week 4 was the most successful TE game against me across Seasons 3 and 4. Impressive work buddy, but no catches for Gonzo.

Thanks. Yea, Cooley was on fire. I didn't sub Gonzo in as much, that's the only reason for the lack of production. It's hard making the substitutions on the playbook screen thanks to our auto-clock runoff. If I could just save specific formations in advance, I could have my Cooley packages, my Gonzalez packages, etc.

Ace sets with Cooley and Gonzalez are sweet though, finally starting to draw some coverage away from Thomas and Mitchell/Kelly.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LiveWire said:
Thanks. Yea, Cooley was on fire. I didn't sub Gonzo in as much, that's the only reason for the lack of production. It's hard making the substitutions on the playbook screen thanks to our auto-clock runoff. If I could just save specific formations in advance, I could have my Cooley packages, my Gonzalez packages, etc.

Ace sets with Cooley and Gonzalez are sweet though, finally starting to draw some coverage away from Thomas and Mitchell/Kelly.
That doesn't make any sense. You can do whatever you want at the play-call screen within the normal playclock parameters. Once you and the D pick the play the clock winds down to 13 seconds from wherever it is. It's not a set "20 second runoff" as it states.

LiveWire

Wellington said:
That doesn't make any sense. You can do whatever you want at the play-call screen within the normal playclock parameters. Once you and the D pick the play the clock winds down to 13 seconds from wherever it is. It's not a set "20 second runoff" as it states.

You're right, sometimes it's longer. I called a play last night against Somnia with 38 seconds left on the playclock. By the time I saw the field, it was 16 seconds, and by the time I could have been able to snap the ball it was 12 seconds. That's over 25 seconds of automatic runoff.

I'm normally quick about play selection, but sometimes it takes longer to find a good play. The longer you take, the lower the game will run down the clock. It does go below 13 seconds sometimes, depending on how many seconds are left when you select your play. I've seen it take me down to 9 or 10 seconds remaining. Add in the 3 or 4 seconds using "hurry to the line," and you've got about 4 seconds to read the field, make any audibles, and snap the ball.

Regardless, I only need a few seconds to figure out what plays I need to call to whup your ass. :D

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LiveWire said:
You're right, sometimes it's longer. I called a play last night against Somnia with 38 seconds left on the playclock. By the time I saw the field, it was 16 seconds, and by the time I could have been able to snap the ball it was 12 seconds. That's over 25 seconds of automatic runoff.

I'm normally quick about play selection, but sometimes it takes longer to find a good play. The longer you take, the lower the game will run down the clock. It does go below 13 seconds sometimes, depending on how many seconds are left when you select your play. I've seen it take me down to 9 or 10 seconds remaining. Add in the 3 or 4 seconds using "hurry to the line," and you've got about 4 seconds to read the field, make any audibles, and snap the ball.
I think you're over-exaggerating but what does any of this have to do with substitutions before the playcall?

DCX

DCX
Rorschach said:
I think install is only a little over 6 gigs. You probably have a lot of saves/replays. I know I do. :(

I wish there was a game like Burnout 3: Takedown on the PS3/360. No fucking errand running or gps bullshit.
Revenge fool!

DCX

LiveWire

Wellington said:
I think you're over-exaggerating but what does any of this have to do with substitutions before the playcall?

I'm just saying it takes an extra few seconds, it would be easier if I could assign it ahead of time.

Are we advancing tonight? Only 4 games left! Let's do this gentlemen!

Rorschach

LiveWire said:
I'm just saying it takes an extra few seconds, it would be easier if I could assign it ahead of time.

Are we advancing tonight? Only 4 games left! Let's do this gentlemen!
Offline franchise has that. They save your packages. So, if, for example, you like your bruiser HB in goal line formation instead of your finesse back, you can set him to that and, in the following games, that HB will be set to that formation.

It has a few problems, though. If you substitute on special teams, it's impossible to get all the people back into their proper positions and you end up with a screwed up ST roster. Also, you can't change the configuration from the main franchise menu. :(

PBY

Banned
Nightz said:
Hopefully playing tonight...if peter didn't die trying to finish his paper.
If you can play after I get back from class at 10, tonight is a go! I Got 2 hours of sleep last night though, so its gonna be an interesting game :lol

Nightz

peterb0y said:
If you can play after I get back from class at 10, tonight is a go! I Got 2 hours of sleep last night though, so its gonna be an interesting game :lol
Is that 10 eastern? If so, that's perfectly fine for me since it'll only be 7 over here.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
LukeSmith said:
I need to step up my HB passing this season :(
Okoye: 13 catches
Girley 7 catches

Clark: 12 catches
Hewitt*: 21 catches

*a wideout!

I need to ramp up my RB catches even more, though RB's did catch 3 TD's against Pheenicks last night.

Nightz

Oh my, just remembered that I will be without my awesome TE Nick Fallon this game. CPU Broncos knocked him out for a week :(.
I knocked out Joker Jones for 2 weeks though! :)

Mrbob

Wellington said:
JCut's renaissance year continues. 16 TDs 1 int. That is pretty damned impressive.

I'm throwing exactly 1 pick every game, which is fine by me since I ended last year with 25. CJ already has more than half of the receptions of my leading receiver last year, And this is only five games into the season.

Yeah I've had a zen like trance chucking the ball this season. I hope it doesn't go away, because my margin for error with this team is small.

Top Bottom