• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Smokey

CB3 said:
Madden also has 20 dollar gamer credit on amazon.

im gonna use the Mario Galaxy credit towards it

Oh really?

Didn't know that, I'll do the same.

So Galaxy -> Madden -> Reach and will still come out with a $20 credit after getting Reach. Amazon's pretty fucking smart for offering the credits. It keeps you buying games from them, and they're waiting on your porch when you get home. Only thing is I didn't see any release day shipping on any of the 3 games? I used 1 day shipping and I'm assuming it will get upgraded to release date?

I ordered Madden on 360 though, maybe I should switch it to PS3 for the upcoming 11 season amirite?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Smokey, you have to go into your order details for each game and manually change the shipping to release date delivery when they finally decide offer it. They will not fix it automatically.

Mrbob

Amazon Prime is so sexy. I decided to pay the the 79 dollar price for a year today. Thankfully I can share it so I'm going to split some of the cost with family members. I get one day shipping on everything I buy due to having a distribution center near me. Plus I don't have to worry about a 25 dollar limit anymore and waiting a week for it to come.

Combined with their preorder credits I'm almost done buying anything from retail.

I got just cause 2 for 39.99 with a gow3 coupon, then another 15 dollar credit for JC2 I can use on a future purchase. Keep stacking forever!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I'll go in with you Bob, if you need more people.

I would take advantage of the Reach deal, but the place I go to gets it the Friday before the official release date. Playing for a full weekend is worth $20, instead of the alternative of a midnight launch then not even getting to really dive in for a few days.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Mrbob said:
Amazon Prime is so sexy. I decided to pay the the 79 dollar price for a year today. Thankfully I can share it so I'm going to split some of the cost with family members. I get one day shipping on everything I buy due to having a distribution center near me. Plus I don't have to worry about a 25 dollar limit anymore and waiting a week for it to come.

Combined with their preorder credits I'm almost done buying anything from retail.

I got just cause 2 for 39.99 with a gow3 coupon, then another 15 dollar credit for JC2 I can use on a future purchase. Keep stacking forever!

Ive been using Prime since it started and share with family members. It's one of the reasons why I buy so much crap :lol I too get I'd say 95% of my orders in one day even when I pick free two day cause the warehouse dist. center is so close to NY.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Wellington said:
I'll go in with you Bob, if you need more people.

I would take advantage of the Reach deal, but the place I go to gets it the Friday before the official release date. Playing for a full weekend is worth $20, instead of the alternative of a midnight launch then not even getting to really dive in for a few days.

You only play games like once or twice anyway. you might as well just wait. I could probably count on 1 hand the amount of times you booted up ODST.

Though thats probably because the fucking game is beatable in 3 hours even though the shit costs 60 bucks. Fucking expansion. Suck it luke.

Mrbob

Luke wasn't on ODST. He is working on Reach though so the pressure is on!

I agree about ODST too...but this is mostly MS fault for charging full price for an expansion.

Oh and Wellie I'm out of spots. :(

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
CB3 said:
You only play games like once or twice anyway. you might as well just wait. I could probably count on 1 hand the amount of times you booted up ODST.

Though thats probably because the fucking game is beatable in 3 hours even though the shit costs 60 bucks. Fucking expansion. Suck it luke.
Well that's the other thing to it, I don't blaze through games as quickly as you guys do, so I'd rather not spend money on having a game sit and collect dust. Madden Leagues also play a major part in what I devout the 4 hours or so of gaming I do a week to. I'm out of touch. :|

My brother told me he was at some PAX in Boston and I asked him wtf PAX was. I didn't even know Penny Arcade had a gathering. :|

Smokey

Mrbob said:
Luke wasn't on ODST. He is working on Reach though so the pressure is on!

I agree about ODST tho...but this is mostly MS fault for charging full price for an expansion.

Oh and Wellie I'm out of spots. :(

I really don't know why I'm buying SMG2. Actually I do, it's because I have credit and get another credit for pre-ordering it:lol .

Who knows how long the Reach beta will run for, but I probably won't touch anything besides that the entire time it's going on.

CB3

Wellington said:
Well that's the other thing to it, I don't blaze through games as quickly as you guys do, so I'd rather not spend money on having a game sit and collect dust. Madden Leagues also play a major part in what I devout the 4 hours or so of gaming I do a week to. I'm out of touch. :|

My brother told me he was at some PAX in Boston and I asked him wtf PAX was. I didn't even know Penny Arcade had a gathering. :|

Its ok. Livewire didnt know about installing games on the 360. It happens to all of us

not me! Ive still got a little youth yet before I succumb to live and responsibilities :(

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Why don't you guys just get an amazon rewards credit card and rack up credit on the credit you are getting?

I wonder if I could use a CC to pay my mortgage, I'd make a killing. :lol

Mrbob

Actually, I do. :D

I use my amazon visa for almost everything. Get a ton of gift cards. Have another 25 dollar certificate coming in the mail right now!

Matrix

Wellington said:
Why don't you guys just get an amazon rewards credit card and rack up credit on the credit you are getting?

Already got one and love the $25 gift cards :)

Wellington said:

Doesn't seem worth it really aside from amazon purchases. The % back is 2% for gas/restaurants/drugstores, but theres plenty of cards out there that offer better than that.

http://www.creditcards.com/reward.php

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Matrix said:
Already got one and love the $25 gift cards :)
How much do you have to spend to get a GC? $2500?

Also, does it count airline miles? Only got two CCs anyway and this would actually be practical for me since I don't travel much anymore.

LiveWire

CB3 said:
Its ok. Livewire didnt know about installing games on the 360. It happens to all of us

not me! Ive still got a little youth yet before I succumb to live and responsibilities :(

Enjoy the years of light while you can, young one! It's so dark now....so.....dark.....

Matrix

Wellington said:
How much do you have to spend to get a GC? $2500?

Also, does it count airline miles? Only got two CCs anyway and this would actually be practical for me since I don't travel much anymore.

Reward Selections:
2,500 Points - $25 Amazon.com Gift Card
5,000 Points - $50 Cash Check
5,000 Points - $50 BP Gift Card
6,000 Points - 5,000 British Airways Miles
25,000 Points - Round-Trip Airline Ticket Within the 48 Contiguous United States and more.

I don't travel at all anymore cause of my illness so I never really payed any attention to the airline miles. I basically only use the card on amazon. I don't think Ive used the card any where else before :lol

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Damn that would have been good last year when I was renovating my house. I would have racked up. My card now kind of sucks. Used to be 25K miles gives you a free flight anywhere, now I need to get 30K+ for the 48 contiguous states. The thing about it was that wherever I flew I accrue the miles as points, so whenever my parents travel back home (Dominican Republic) I'd by them the ticket and rack up the 3,000 points per person. :lol Thinking of dumping it to be honest. It's like 70k+ points to go to Europe, fuck that.

DMczaf

New M11 screen

2z99zwz.jpg

He even looks like a douchebag in Madden

CB3

Ive got this shit down son

$50 Mario Galaxy 2 $20 credit to-

$20 MGS Peace Walker 10$ credit to-

$50 Madden 11 $20 Credit to-

$40 Halo Reach $20 Credit

70 Bucks in savings

Matrix

CB3 said:

70 Bucks in savings

Mine looks like this...

10 credit left over from GOW3 being used on Super Street fight IV for the 360

The the next game I buy will be Red Dead Redemption with a $10 gift card which can actually be used on anything, but I'll most likely turn around and use it on Alan Wake which gives another $10 game credit which I will use on Madden which gives the $20 credit which I will use on Reach which then gives me $20 credit left to use on some other game.

Success.

hey bros i leave for another 2 weeks this sunday night, so i'll be back mid-april. HOPEFULLY i can get my internet working at the hotel this time (it's at a different one so maybe!)

i should be able to get my game against the pats in before i leave (lonestar hopefully you can play on saturday or sunday, i'm free all day on both days!). then the next week i play the dolphins and we would have to play friday night or saturday. this is if the internet doesn't work. if it does work then i could play during my normal hours

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
FMT, I'm doing my taxes this weekend, and I'm 183% sure I will be busy the entire weekend doing that and other time wasting shit. So sorry, guess I'll just have to play the CPU on Monday.

LukeSmith

Lonestar said:
FMT, I'm doing my taxes this weekend, and I'm 183% sure I will be busy the entire weekend doing that and other time wasting shit. So sorry, guess I'll just have to play the CPU on Monday.
:lol

Matrix

Lonestar said:

Aquaman.jpg

Lonestar

Guatemala-Sinkhole.jpg

Apparently, a sinkhole appeared in the yard. Someone's gotta watch it to see if it fills itself in.

Smokey

CB3 said:

70 Bucks in savings

We've got the same purchases except Peace Walker

Man

FUCK kONAMI for puttin that shit on PSP real talk

Mrbob

Agreed. Especially since I don't own a PSP nor plan on owning one anytime soon. :/ I'm a Nintendo portable fanboy. 3DS 4 LYFE!

Rorschach

Well, it's a sequel to a PSP game, so it's on PSP. They had to throw 360 a bone anyway so we get a non-Kojima, non-Snake, next-gen game. :|

TheCrow

Mrbob said:
Agreed. Especially since I don't own a PSP nor plan on owning one anytime soon. :/ I'm a Nintendo portable fanboy. 3DS 4 LYFE!
:D

What did you think of Torchlight? Just picked it up from a steam sale and will probably play it after I get done with No More Heroes 2.

Lonestar said:

you let me know when you can play, and i'll be sure to be around somehow!

Mrbob

Torchlight is sweet built in the Diablo mold of gaming. Only knock against the game is being solo only, but whatevez it is only 5 dollars right now on sale.

Rorschach said:
Well, it's a sequel to a PSP game, so it's on PSP. They had to throw 360 a bone anyway so we get a non-Kojima, non-Snake, next-gen game. :|

I thought it was a direct sequel to MGS3, which is on PS2.

CB3

Mrbob said:
Torchlight is sweet built in the Diablo mold of gaming. Only knock against the game is being solo only, but whatevez it is only 5 dollars right now on sale.

I thought it was a direct sequel to MGS3, which is on PS2.

The story will take place following the events of Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater and Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops, which were both prequels to the original Metal Gear, and will once again star Naked Snake.[5] Peace Walker's original title was Metal Gear Solid 5: Peace Walker. [6] The development team working on Peace Walker is as large as the team that worked on Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. [7]

your both right

LJ11

Good game Denog, as always. Came down to the wire, nice adjustment at the line on that int. Thought I had room to get it over the top, but your CB made it over in time. Great running game too, had a tough time slowing it down.

Edit: Nog received a one month ban because he asked if Hydro Thunder was coming to PSN, just an FYI. Pretty fucking retarded.

Lonestar

LJ11 said:
Good game Denog, as always. Came down to the wire, nice adjustment at the line on that int. Thought I had room to get it over the top, but your CB made it over in time. Great running game too, had a tough time slowing it down.

was it Greene, up the middle? He was beasting against me, when we played.

LJ11

Lonestar said:
was it Greene, up the middle? He was beasting against me, when we played.

Yeah, Greene was a machine. If Washington was in on a couple of runs he would of sprung one. I also should have made more adjustments, sub in a higher str DE, but one of my package subs totally f'd up my LB set up, so at that point I wasn't messing with any more settings.

Rorschach

LJ11 said:

Edit: Nog received a one month ban because he asked if Hydro Thunder was coming to PSN, just an FYI. Pretty fucking retarded.
Should have asked/begged if some PC game was coming to 360. Then he'd be in the clear!

LJ11

Bunch of people were banned for NBA Jam too, meanwhile we all know it's coming to other platforms after they're done taking $50 from Wii owners.

If anyone wants to fill in for the Rams, and FMT is okay with it, would be appreciated. Hate playing the CPU.

Top Bottom