• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Tim-Tebow.jpg

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Wellington said:
Damn dude, he beat you. No need to shit on him.

Nah. I Expected him to beat me atleast once this season. id be hard pressed to go 8-0 against anyone in this league.

That being said, he took you out twice already. And im still in first in the NFC East. So everything is still dandy

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
GG Luke, pathetic job of me not stopping that 4th down in the 4th. That would have won me the game.

Still I'm starting to get pretty damn tired of this game though. Such a grind for me to play this now, the losing starts to get to you over time.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
CB3 said:
Nah. I Expected him to beat me atleast once this season. id be hard pressed to go 8-0 against anyone in this league.

That being said, he took you out twice already. And im still in first in the NFC East. So everything is still dandy
Ok.

LiveWire

CB3 said:
I know.

Just let it be known it took him 357 rushing yards, and a whole mess of EA BS to get him a 2 TD win

First off, good game CB.

Now, that being said...

It's only 2TD win is it now? So when you "dropped 40" on me in previous seasons and I pulled back within 14 or 17 points, it's a beatdown? I see how it is. :lol

You're lucky I didn't drop 50 or 60 on you.

You got your share of EA BS with a teleport Samuel pick in the endzone that would have put me up 7-3 in the 1st, and at the end a lucky fumble from Morrow to get you within 7 with under 2 to go in the 4th (when it should have been another TD for the Skins). I bet you really thought you had a chance at that point, didn't you? Like Collinsworth said, the Eagles had a chance in this one....right before kickoff. :lol

Oh, and it's interesting how you only started scoring after I went up 24-3 with 4 minutes left in the 3rd. I was trying to get the game over and make it at least something you could make excuses for (of course I should've known you'd make excuses no matter what), and played all my corners and safeties deep zone.

You going for it on 4th in the 1st quarter at my 48 up 3-0? Hey, no problem, don't bitch when I go for it on 4th in the 4th quarter to try and put the game away. But clearly, I got lucky, or else I wouldn't have won. 357 yards with a non-fantasy back, 99 spd or 99 trucking. :lol I like you bitching about a "40-year-old Portis" when you still have McNabb with Syracuse speed.

EDIT: Looks like EA fixed their site! Here are the vids:

This first one sable will appreciate. Portis set the tone for the day early in the 2nd. This one's for you, Chris Samuels:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/18432275

10-3 at the half, going into the 3rd, the Skins pick up momentum. Textbook running off of the blocks and open field playmaking:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/18432283

What's that McNabb? You want to cheese with your fantasy back Brooks? THE RAK SAYS NO:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/18432406

Portis is just laughing on this one. Sorry Sheldon, you aren't getting the angle.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/18432218

And finally, 3rd and short, Skins come out 2 TE 2 WR 1 RB. No way the Skins will pass right? Ooooh, don't think you can manual pick that one, even with your overrated DBs. Better luck next time on the tackle too!

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/18432209

CB3

LiveWire said:
First off, good game CB.

Now, that being said...

It's only 2TD win is it now? So when you "dropped 40" on me in previous seasons and I pulled back within 14 or 17 points, it's a beatdown? I see how it is. :lol

You're lucky I didn't drop 50 or 60 on you.

You got your share of EA BS with a teleport Samuel pick in the endzone that would have put me up 7-3 in the 1st, and at the end a lucky fumble from Morrow to get you within 7 with under 2 to go in the 4th (when it should have been another TD for the Skins). I bet you really thought you had a chance at that point, didn't you? Like Collinsworth said, the Eagles had a chance in this one....right before kickoff. :lol

Oh, and it's interesting how you only started scoring after I went up 24-3 with 4 minutes left in the 3rd. I was trying to get the game over and make it at least something you could make excuses for (of course I should've known you'd make excuses no matter what), and played all my corners and safeties deep zone.

You going for it on 4th in the 1st quarter at my 48 up 3-0? Hey, no problem, don't bitch when I go for it on 4th in the 4th quarter to try and put the game away. But clearly, I got lucky, or else I wouldn't have won. 357 yards with a non-fantasy back, 99 spd or 99 trucking. :lol I like you bitching about a "40-year-old Portis" when you still have McNabb with Syracuse speed.

Can't link the videos at the moment because EA is apparently fixing the Sportsworld site. Tune in tomorrow morning for hilarity! :D

Ah. i was waiting for a long post. Lets address this.

That Asante pick wasnt a teleport. It was good man coverage.

Yes i didnt score a TD until the third, but i hit the red zone more than enough. I threw some costly INT's that kept me from scoring points.

Going for it on that 4th down and inches from your 48 wasnt really anything big i thought. Fucking Weaver got caught up on something and made it look like he was running a screen or some shit cause he was surrounded by like 3 lineman for no reason and wasnt moving. I was literally screaming MOVE :lol And im not complaining about you going for it on 4th when you had the game sealed. Do you see me running to FMT or something?

And you gotta admit CP was busting out of some ridiculous shit for an old RB. I openly admit that Donovan does the same things at times. Against fifty i threw some D-Lineman off me, scrambled to the right, and hit Celek in stride for a TD.

Anyway, like i said, im still atop the mountain in the East so im good. If we both keep doing our job, our next game will mean alot more than the shits and giggles that this one was

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
He whooped you CB, move on from the game and except the fact Livewire has clearly improved and was the better player tonight. All your trash talking about him backfired tonight.

It's only shits and giggles because you lost fluke master flex!

CB3 said:
Ah. i was waiting for a long post. Lets address this.

Yes i didnt score a TD until the third, but i hit the red zone more than enough. I threw some costly INT's that kept me from scoring points.

Going for it on that 4th down and inches from your 48 wasnt really anything big i thought. Fucking Weaver got caught up on something and made it look like he was running a screen or some shit cause he was surrounded by like 3 lineman for no reason and wasnt moving. I was literally screaming MOVE :lol And im not complaining about you going for it on 4th when you had the game sealed. Do you see me running to FMT or something?

And you gotta admit CP was busting out of some ridiculous shit for an old RB. I openly admit that Donovan does the same things at times. Against fifty i threw some D-Lineman off me, scrambled to the right, and hit Celek in stride for a TD.

Anyway, like i said, im still atop the mountain in the East so im good. If we both keep doing our job, our next game will mean alot more than the shits and giggles that this one
was

very fucking classy. he says "good game cb" and you don't say shit back. terrible sportsmanship

Matrix

ph33nix said:
very fucking classy. he says "good game cb" and you don't say shit back. terrible sportsmanship

You expected a good game from CB? lmao :lol

CB3

:lol :lol :lol

spikelee3.jpg

You guys should have figured out my roll in this league already. When do i ever post GG win or lose? Rarely. I can probably count on 1 hand the amount of times.

LiveWire

CB3 said:

I forgot to save this one, but it was the same type of play that happened to me against LJ last season. But whatever, I didn't let it slow me down.

CB3 said:
Yes i didnt score a TD until the third

Yea you didn't. And yet by then I had 3. Funny how that works.

CB3 said:
but i hit the red zone more than enough. I threw some costly INT's that kept me from scoring points.

We're not playing lawn darts here. Yea, you threw INTs, cause I spotlighted your little piece of cheddar cheese Brooks, and your "let-me-run-around-with-McNabb-20-yards-off-the-line-of-scrimmage-until-Celek-is-open" play.

CB3 said:

Not at all. I'm just saying, don't even try to say bullshit like "I've got a chip on the shoulder for that garbage time TD Live pulled" when you've run back shitloads of INTs and ran up the score on me before. All's fair, I'm prepared to play 4 downs everytime against you, cause I know eventually you will resort to whatever it takes to win, just like Shawn did.

CB3 said:
And you gotta admit CP was busting out of some ridiculous shit for an old RB. I openly admit that Donovan does the same things at times.

Comparing Portis' few broken tackles to what McNabb pulls in game is apples and oranges. I had good blocking, you made bad playcalls and poor user control on tackles. You got straight up beatdown by my running game. Portis still had over 150 yards rushing outside of those 3 long TD runs.

CB3 said:
Anyway, like i said, im still atop the mountain in the East so im good. If we both keep doing our job, our next game will mean alot more than the shits and giggles that this one was

:lol

NOT FOR LONG.

Rorschach

peterb0y said:
what happened?
Dunno. The second game was laggy for the first half too. :(

peterb0y said:
gg rors, you totally outclassed me-

i need to stop making stupid mistakes
GG. You're getting good at those hit sticks, but you need to run a little more and be a little less predictable on offense. I know it's really tempting to keep passing when you have a beast like Wayne, but when you force stuff to him, you'll end up throwing lots of picks. He beasted me on a bunch of plays, though. :(

Matrix

Rors lets play Show!

Practice non ranked game again.

CB3

:lol Shawn? Alright.

Ive fully reached Lex Luthor level. If thats what you call me, thats what i must be!

Ill see you again soon enough.

Matrix

Rorschach said:
:lol @ CB losing to Livewire. You kinda had to see it coming after all that smack...

Let's go. We'll see if I can keep my eyes open!

K, I'm online, using direct connection. Hopefully less lag. Send the invite when you long on.

CB3

Pro Wrestling (Whatever was left of it) died tonight. I dedicate the rest of the season to HBK

I called it first DM!

Striker

Rorschach said:
Sucks that McFadden was carted out on a play he wasn't even supposed to be in on. Remember kids: set your 3rd down backs!
How the hell are you getting 18 yard gains from Larry? I liked your back Middlebrook coming out in the draft, but took Mack after.

Rorschach

Striker said:
How the hell are you getting 18 yard gains from Larry? I liked your back Middlebrook coming out in the draft, but took Mack after.
Hell, I was trying to hold back Johnson so he wouldn't gain too much and score. Dude's a beast. He's almost what Bush is for me in the online rosters. Just run that shit up the gut, make one cut, and run! My guys were blowing up the LBs. :lol I guess I'm used to the "slow" speed too. Bush is slower than him in the franchise rosters and he was my starting back most of last season.

Middlebrook is a liability. He has horrible ball carrying skills. I use him sparingly.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
So I guess everyone's going to give me 8-9 man fronts from here on out. :| Over the last two games combined, 27 carries for 85 yards. Now for the first time ever I get to face Striker's D led by All-World LB Josh Sneed.

On the plus side right now I am just one passing TD away from my total last season. :lol I'm still throwing a pick in every single game but most of the time I'm getting Madden'd so I can't get mad at that. Another good sign is that my D consistently holds people to FGs and not TDs.

LiveWire said:
First off, good game CB.

EDIT: Looks like EA fixed their site! Here are the vids:

This first one sable will appreciate. Portis set the tone for the day early in the 2nd. This one's for you, Chris Samuels:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/18432275

10-3 at the half, going into the 3rd, the Skins pick up momentum. Textbook running off of the blocks and open field playmaking:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/18432283

What's the McNabb? You want to cheese with your fantasy back Brooks? THE RAK SAYS NO:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/18432406

Portis is just laughing on this one. Sorry Sheldon, you aren't getting the angle.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/18432218

And finally, 3rd and short, Skins come out 2 TE 2 WR 1 RB. No way the Skins will pass right? Ooooh, don't think you can manual pick that one, even with your overrated DBs. Better luck next time on the tackle too!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=20519010

Those are some damn nice runs man, great job. I'm hoping Portis has some long runs this year, but am cautiously optimistic, we'll see if he shows up in shape. Last video link doesn't work, would love to see that one (NM found it on the franchise site, nice pass).

Was it CB missing all the tackles in these videos or the CPU?

All the smack talk from CB and you came out and won it, so great job there. Glad to see the redskins back in contention (3-1 in the division, nice job). I'll admit you had me worried with how you were running the skins, however it looks like you've got things figured out now. Not only that but from what I've been reading you have been doing quite well with the rams team, now that's impressive.

LiveWire

sableholic said:
Was it CB missing all the tackles in these videos or the CPU?

Mostly CB.

sableholic said:
All the smack talk from CB and you came out and won it, so great job there. Glad to see the redskins back in contention (3-1 in the division, nice job). I'll admit you had me worried with how you were running the skins, however it looks like you've got things figured out now. Not only that but from what I've been reading you have been doing quite well with the rams team, now that's impressive.

Actually, I'm 4-1 in the NFC East now, with one more game to go against CB after my bye week next week. As for managing the Skins, the most important step was getting rid of Campbell. :lol

In hindsight I would have liked to have drafted more offensive linemen, but losing Philip Daniels and Andre Carter getting super downgraded, Vinny Cerrato's horrible depth at linebacker, and the need to draft a QB forced me to spend draft picks or make trades to address those areas. In hindsight I'd have liked to still have Landry, but Andre Hudson is having a breakout rookie season so far. Antoine Cason was my steal of the franchise.

Season's a long way from over, but my primary goal is accomplished (get a winning record in divisional play). Now to finish out the 2nd half of the season strong and not drop games (like my poor performances against the Bengals and Lions).

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LiveWire said:
Vinny Cerrato's horrible depth at linebacker
Can't use that as an excuse in the fourth season of our franchise. I had nothing at LB to start (Boley was good but has declined as bad as anyone on my team) and was able to field a 3-4 last season with a lot of depth through FA and rookie drafts. I've yet to trade for an LB. Of the eight LBs on the team, three were Giants to start the franchise, and one of them is now a DE. Kehl is there as depth (not bad at 71 OVR) and Boley is strictly situational (76 OVR).

You're already played 5 divisional games? Wow.

After week 9 he'll have played all of them. :lol

My first game with CB is week 15.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Wow I was just reviewing the LBs from this past draft and how they were doing. I was feeling pretty good considering my guy Faitele Fua with a 54 OVR is doing as good or better than Ben Gray, Abdul Ross, or Darius Lumpkin. Fua has 17 tackles, 3 TFL, 1 pick, 2 sacks - he was much better early in the season because I was scheming for him, now it's just situational and I rotate him in/out with Boley, and my second year guy D. Williams. Not bad considering he doesnt play full time. However, look at LJ's guys:

Hilliard: 23 Tackles, 10 TFLs, 7 Sacks, 4 PDs, 2 ints

Laporte: 23 Tackles, 4 TFLs, 3 Sacks 3 PDs.

What the fuck...

Top Bottom