• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Rorschach

LJ11 said:
Protak worked out so well, can't wait to see what gamebreaking shit they do with the WRs.
It doesn't look like they're doing much besides making the WRs aware of where they are on the field. He kinda skirts around the CBs having crazy range and spidey senses, so I'm guessing that returns. :\

LJ11

Rorschach said:
It doesn't look like they're doing much besides making the WRs aware of where they are on the field. He kinda skirts around the CBs having crazy range and spidey senses, so I'm guessing that returns. :\

I'm actually reading this shit, need something to read while I finish my early dinner, and the following caught my attention;

The tool's main purpose is to give us a giant list of animations that match in any given situation. So for your example, we now can see that maybe only 1 catch matched on the sideline, so it's now up to our animators to add more variety and create those types of moments. Before it was very much guesswork and trial-and-error.

Worried about more pre-canned/scripted BS.

Rorschach

LJ11 said:
I'm actually reading this shit, need something to read while I finish my early dinner, and the following caught my attention;

Worried about more pre-canned/scripted BS.
I think the scripted BS will actually work against the WR like it has this year. For example, sideline catches 5 yards in that get called out of bounds by the ref huddle. :\

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Rorschach said:
I think the scripted BS will actually work against the WR like it has this year. For example, sideline catches 5 yards in that get called out of bounds by the ref huddle. :\

I hate this one :(

Seems to happen 1/3rd of the time I went to my TE. Watson's animation doesn't seem to work right when it comes to the sidelines.

BigAT

God, with questions like this I hope the Madden devs didn't take that chat seriously.

[Comment From LukeS]
What's being done to address the ability of running backs to catch out of the backfield? Currently it's incredibly underpowered. Running backs' receiving ability needs to be greatly increased in Madden 11.

Somnia

BigAT said:
God, with questions like this I hope the Madden devs didn't take that chat seriously.

[Comment From LukeS]
What's being done to address the ability of running backs to catch out of the backfield? Currently it's incredibly underpowered. Running backs' receiving ability needs to be greatly increased in Madden 11.

:lol :lol

All I know is I want to play with a real Miles Austin...

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
This is part of the problem. They just solicit from every XBOXLIVE 12-year-old and then go "LOL SEE FAN COMMENTS ARE STUPID. plus didn't you see the slide? fans only make up like 1% of our audience." Just get LJ and Rors in there to fix shit and put the 12-year-olds and [offline] franchise mode shut-ins on mute.

Birdman02

BigAT said:

[Comment From LukeSmith]

Why am I not surprised who asked that question??? :p

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
BigAT said:

[Comment From LukeS]
:lol :lol :lol

daw840

BigAT said:

[Comment From LukeS]

You around? Want to get our game in real quick?

daw840

Somnia said:
Isnt the advance on Saturday? Pretty sure we advanced early last "week".

Yes, it should be at least. Although, today was such a nice day I don't even care what is done with my game. Nothing can get me down today. I rode my motorcycle for 4 hours today. So whatever happens is cool with me.:D

TheCrow

Smokey said:
uh shit advances on sat.

crow still hasn't gotten back to me
Didn't know we were playing, should have sent me a pm after I didn't reply. Doesn't matter anyway since my dorm's internet only plays nice with MW2. :( I'm fine with you playing the cpu. I'm in pheenix mode and looking forward to a top pick in the fake league.

Striker

AstroLad said:
sim them all especially fmt's game.
a1hmi1.jpg

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Striker, assuming a Saturday afternoon advance, which has been the norm lately, when can you play? I know we spoke last night but I don't think we reached a conclusion.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Pheenicks, just play the CPU. This is taking too long. I've been holding off on doing my Taxes because of this. You guys are screwing with my finances. What the Hell is Form 83T???

don't blame me. blame fmt. but i'd rather play fmt the person than the cpu. hell i'll play anybody but the cpu

speaking of which i'll b e back around 11 et tonight i think

BigAT

Sorry about last night Daw, I wasn't around. We should be able to get it done tonight if your availability is the same as it was yesterday.

daw840

BigAT said:
Sorry about last night Daw, I wasn't around. We should be able to get it done tonight if your availability is the same as it was yesterday.
Should be, It is so fucking nice here that I have been out on the bike almost everyday. I should be home some time this evening though.

Mrbob

Yeah no doubt. The normal high is around 42 right now, and it has been in the mid 70s the past couple days. Stays in the mid 70s through tomorrow, then the cold front hits and we are back to the mid 50s. :/

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LiveWire said:
Yea this weather is extremely hazardous to my liver.
Likewise. Happy hour last night with wings for $0.20. :(

What are you doing tomorrow mid-afternoon? Want to play Starcraft? I would tonight, but again the weather is too nice to stay home.

LiveWire

Wellington said:

What are you doing tomorrow mid-afternoon? Want to play Starcraft? I would tonight, but again the weather is too nice to stay home.

I'm off work at 5PM tomorrow night, but I'm doing a favor for a friend and watching his house/dog while he's out of town for the weekend with his wife/kids. It's too bad it's not football season, he stocked the fridge with a shitload of beer/wings and he's got DirectTV, 360, PS3.

I'll be around after 10 tonight if you're not too blitzed to get a game in, otherwise it will probably have to wait until Sunday afternoon.

Wellington said:

wat

i would too if i can get my hands back on it

Striker

Wellington said:
Striker, assuming a Saturday afternoon advance, which has been the norm lately, when can you play? I know we spoke last night but I don't think we reached a conclusion.
Saturday night I could play after 11 PM est, but it would be better for Sunday after 7.

Top Bottom