• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Birdman02

I'll fill in for the Titans...unless you're already playing.

Pheenix, I should be able to play tonight. I'll let you know if my plans change.

PBY

Banned
Birdman02 said:
I'll fill in for the Titans...unless you're already playing.

Pheenix, I should be able to play tonight. I'll let you know if my plans change.
niiiicee... you wanna play now?

Birdman02

Sure, gimme a minute to sign out and re-join as the Titans.

I'm having router issues. It keeps dropping in and out....let me see if I can fix that too.

PBY

Banned
gg Birdman, thanks for filling in-

I can say without a doubt ( and i've lost by 40+ many times) though, that this was the most painful loss in this franchise... jesus, that still stings

Birdman02

GG pete. Turnovers were the difference. I think you could do a lot more damage with a more balanced attack. You've got a really strong group of running backs.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
DenogginizerOS said:
Lonestar,

Can you play this morning? If not, what are good times for you?

Probably any time now, though I ACTUALLY, for realz, trying to do my taxes. Wee Procrastination!

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Lonestar said:
Probably any time now, though I ACTUALLY, for realz, trying to do my taxes. Wee Procrastination!
Go ahead and work on those. I have to go get some stuff for the house and get my daughter. I should be around close to 430 if you are interested.

Lonestar

DenogginizerOS said:
Go ahead and work on those. I have to go get some stuff for the house and get my daughter. I should be around close to 430 if you are interested.

Sounds good.

Nothing like taxes to make you go "holy shit, I'm not making any money"

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Wow @ the game between DM and Sable:

Redmond: 6 Rec, 179 Yards
Bush: 7 Rec, 117 yards
Westbrook: 3 Rec, 28 yards
Jones: 2 Rec, 19 yards

Lonestar

FrenchMovieTheme said:
or "wtf why do i owe so much money to uncle sam" :(

Well, as I'm seeing now, I get back $90 Federal, unknown on State.

Unless of course, I'm supposed to report the 3.2 million dollars I acquired from that time I was on The Island...

Sweet, I hit a button, and now I get back $490 Federal.

It's So EAAaassy

DMczaf

Wellington said:

It was a battle of HB screens. Only play that was working in the game :lol

LukeSmith

Wellington said:

See, it wasn't HB cheese when I was throwing to running backs, I was just playing ahead of my time.

Lonestar

DMczaf said:
It was a battle of HB screens. Only play that was working in the game :lol

I believe I'm getting Taylor Back today. HB Screen City between him and Slaton!

---

Man, I need to go out there and start making babies, buying cars, become Indian, and do some of these "Capital Gains" stuff.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Lonestar said:
I believe I'm getting Taylor Back today. HB Screen City between him and Slaton!

---

Man, I need to go out there and start making babies, buying cars, become Indian, and do some of these "Capital Gains" stuff.
Buy a house.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Striker: How late are you going to be around tonight after 11 EDT? Tomorrow looks increasingly unlikely for me. I should be back by 11:30-Midnight.

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
btw i open escrow on my house on monday. what could possibly go wrong (wrong wrong wrong echo)

A house?! I remember the days you were banned from using DirecTV at your apartment :(

DMczaf said:
A house?! I remember the days you were banned from using DirecTV at your apartment :(

no directv allowed!? you mean like the last 3 apartments i've had (including the one i'm currently in?) yeah, those days were horrible!

i swear i must have spent the same amount that directv would've cost in the past 3-4 year just going to various sports bars to see the 49ers play. that is my #1 reason for getting a house

LukeSmith

DMczaf said:

I can't have directv at my new house, FMT can I slingbox one of your dual channels for the upcoming season? :(((

Just set me to the Colts game and then Redzone Network!

LukeSmith said:
I can't have directv at my new house, FMT can I slingbox one of your dual channels for the upcoming season? :(((

Just set me to the Colts game and then Redzone Network!

i don't know how slingbox works but so long as i dont have to pay anything extra you can use my connection!

LiveWire

FrenchMovieTheme said:
livewire ill be around about 2 pm pst if you can play then that would be good!

Works perfect for me. See you at 2PM PT/5PM ET. You might want to have the ambulance on standby.

Fifty

Wow, what a game! LJ, that was probably the best game I've been involved in in the last two seasons. I really shot myself in the foot with that botched punt. The game wanted me to win, but of course I did my best to lose.

I don't mind my below average record that much, because whenever I've played the elite players, it's been a very close game. I bet I have the most losses by the fewest points in the league.

I tried to win it for you, Matrix.. I really did!

LJ11

Fifty said:
Wow, what a game! LJ, that was probably the best game I've been involved in in the last two seasons. I really shot myself in the foot with that botched punt. The game wanted me to win, but of course I did my best to lose.

I don't mind my below average record that much, because whenever I've played the elite players, it's been a very close game. I bet I have the most losses by the fewest points in the league.

I tried to win it for you, Matrix.. I really did!

Great game Fifty. You were asking for it by not fair catching. I was mashing fair catch on every punt, you got away with one earlier in the game, but I got the break in the 4th.

Last two weeks my receivers have been dropping more and more balls, not stepping in front of passes. Still fun playing with these guys, Maxwell is awesome. He breaks about a million tackles, sometimes one too many going by that botched screen in the 2nd.

Need to get the run game going, Lynch keeps putting the ball on the ground, can't grind out games late like I was able to do last season. Thanks for the progression EA!

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Lonestar

I will not be able to make it. I have a lot to do to get ready for our guests tonight. I will be around tomorrow afternoon if you do not have Easter plans. Sorry for the delay.

GCQuinton

Smokey,

It's cutting it close to the games starting up so I'm probably not gonna be able to play today. I'll be all of tomorrow though, so just IM or PM me when you can go.

Rorschach

DMczaf said:
1-5-5's Weakness :p
Yeah, seriously. Why am I gonna pass against a nano blitz and only one DT? :lol

Fuck that, I'm runnin'. I even threw more tosses than my normal 1 per game and I didn't even have McFadden. Did it with an 80 speed LB.

DCX

DCX
Rorschach said:
I only ran 17 times. You ran more. :lol

I'd probably pass more if my primary target was the FB.
no ask Dm what the new DM ball is.. don't blitz and man to man me and you not vcover him, yeah, he's my check down :/ Don't be mad bro, you won.

DCX

Lonestar

DenogginizerOS said:
Lonestar

I will not be able to make it. I have a lot to do to get ready for our guests tonight. I will be around tomorrow afternoon if you do not have Easter plans. Sorry for the delay.

Damn, we should have just done it this morning. My tax (and finacial) situation is so laughable, the taxes only took like 30-40 minutes.

Though, I am about to head out for a few minutes to grab something to eat.

I'll be doing stuff tomorrow, but should be done by 6 pm CST easily.

DCX

DCX
Rorschach said:
Yeah, seriously. Why am I gonna pass against a nano blitz and only one DT? :lol

Fuck that, I'm runnin'. I even threw more tosses than my normal 1 per game and I didn't even have McFadden. Did it with an 80 speed LB.
wait a fucking second, nano blitz? gtfo with that bullshit. Don't try to put me on blast like i cheesed someone. I'm sorry i didn't bend over like most of your cheeseball opponents and let you score 70.

DCX

DCX

DCX
DMczaf said:
Yes i guess it is, two games in a row prove it.

ATTN: league members, the keys to victory against DCX's new fangled D is a healthy does of tosses, either direction is fine and RB and WR screen, any formation is fine. Do this at least 12 times a game its an easy win.

DCX

DMczaf said:
I think most defenses in madden will have trouble with really heavy doses of tosses/screens. I know I did today but maybe I'm doing it wrong. I openly admit I'm a pretty bland/basic d play caller though

Rorschach

DCX said:
wait a fucking second, nano blitz? gtfo with that bullshit. Don't try to put me on blast like i cheesed someone. I'm sorry i didn't bend over like most of your cheeseball opponents and let you score 70.

DCX
I didn't say it was intentional, but when the QB is sacked before the hand-off or the HB is instantly contacted by warping, that's nano. I didn't say you cheesed me, it's just that the blitzes were there instantaneously. They just happen more with that formation, and therefore more in our game, than with any other formation. You must be crazy if you think I'm pissed because the game was close. :lol If I had lost, you'd be saying it was because of that. I'm not "blasting" you or calling you out. I'm just saying that's why I ran that way. No way in hell I want to pass in those situations because every other pass will be a floater up for grabs.

[edit] To be clear: nanos happen just about every game unintentionally. When they're intentional, you notice because they keep shifting players around. It's nothing to be pissed at the player about, but at the game. But, yes, I will say they happen a lot more in that formation.

ATTN: league members, the keys to victory against DCX's new fangled D is a healthy does of tosses, either direction is fine and RB and WR screen, any formation is fine. Do this at least 12 times a game its an easy win.
And it's not about running tosses because it's an instant win, or whatever you want to call it, but because running inside is impossible with the lbs shooting through. The outside LBs standing in for the DEs back off when you're running that zone deal, so if you get an RB through there, you can break free. On the left side of the offense, you have a CB. Weak against the run. On the right side you have a safety. Weak against blockers. So you're left with a weakness.

Why are you running only 1 defensive formation anyway? What was the incentive? If you vary your defense and offense more, it's to your own advantage.

DCX

DCX
Rorschach said:
I didn't say it was intentional, but when the QB is sacked before the hand-off or the HB is instantly contacted by warping, that's nano. I didn't say you cheesed me, it's just that the blitzes were there instantaneously. They just happen more with that formation, and therefore more in our game, than with any other formation. You must be crazy if you think I'm pissed because the game was close. :lol If I had lost, you'd be saying it was because of that. I'm not "blasting" you or calling you out. I'm just saying that's why I ran that way. No way in hell I want to pass in those situations because every other pass will be a floater up for grabs.

And it's not about running tosses because it's an instant win, or whatever you want to call it, but because running inside is impossible with the lbs shooting through. The outside LBs standing in for the DEs back off when you're running that zone deal, so if you get an RB through there, you can break free. On the left side of the offense, you have a CB. Weak against the run. On the right side you have a safety. Weak against blockers. So you're left with a weakness.

Why are you running only 1 defensive formation anyway? What was the incentive? If you vary your defense and offense more, it's to your own advantage.

The incentive is to play my best players at all times. In three seasons i have noticed slot cheese, te cheese, toss cheese, screen cheese and rb flats cheese. With this D, and these players i can combat just about each of those in a standard game environment.

The way my D breaks down is a heavy dose of any of those :( tosses and screens tire my lbs out, not to mention the defensive AI for those plays are atrocious, so much so it's even in the rules not to use them toooo much :/ Which is i figured eh, two screens, three screens..he'll stop...it didn't same with the tosses, i didn't adjust my gameplan to expect tosses and screens all game. It's all good, every game here on out i will play for those plays and adjust accordingly.

It's all good, i guess i need a list :p

DCX

Top Bottom