• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
CB3 said:
Summary? i read the OP. thats it

Quoted from someone

From my understanding the tracking of events went like this:

1. The original OP post is true.
2. He posted her blog to get back at her (for whatever reason).
3. Gaffer found photo and someone posted it on her blog.
4. He claims it was all a "lie"
5. She reads the comments and sees her photo.
6. Takes down blog.
7. OP is ducking as Ex fires a handgun at him.

Last one's a joke

Ex was found out to be a massage therapist. The REALER kind.
He posted a blog of hers where she's actually talking about the job. There's no subtly involved.
On the most recent update, someone from GAF starts commenting. First, someone as "RiskyChris" just posts the link to the OP's topic about it. RiskyChris is the Champion of White Knights here
Someone also throws in a comment posting as Costanza, involving his Allison Brie fetish.
Someone then links a picture of the supposed Ex (that the OP used in the GF/Wives picture topic).
OP then writes that "it was all fake, he was bored at work"
The ex's Blog mysteriously disappears
Chaos ensues (well, it's been going on since the Blog link was posted)

LiveWire

Holy shit at the new picture posted.

dat_ass.jpg

Rorschach

daw840 said:
Duckroll just came in with the vengeance. Locked the thread and is about to perma ban a bunch of internet detectives.
That's fucked up if they call searching through this very forum "internet detective work." I didn't read the thread, but if you posts pictures of yourself or other on here, it's bound to come back to haunt you in situations like this.

Lonestar

Waiting game is all that's left now. On who the Mod "deems" is a bad person.

If I get banned for laughing or copy pasting what I saw in the comments section of the blog, well, that sucks. I didn't bother trying to internet detect the OP, though

daw840

Lonestar said:
Waiting game is all that's left now. On who the Mod "deems" is a bad person.

If I get banned for laughing or copy pasting what I saw in the comments section of the blog, well, that sucks. I didn't bother trying to internet detect the OP, though

I think it's going to more be the people who got into his Flickr account and posted pics from it.

Nightz

Rorschach said:
That's fucked up if they call searching through this very forum "internet detective work." I didn't read the thread, but if you posts pictures of yourself or other on here, it's bound to come back to haunt you in situations like this.
Agreed. Blogspot and Flickr were involved though.

TheCrow

Nightz said:
Agreed. Blogspot and Flickr were involved though.
It's probably those who posted pics from his Flickr account that would be banned. He posted the blogpost so I don't think that would be off limits.

Lonestar

Yeah, I was going to stay out of it, but then came the blog link. Had to read a little bit of that. Randomly checked the latest comments..and it started.

daw840

Lonestar said:
Yeah, I was going to stay out of it, but then came the blog link. Had to read a little bit of that. Randomly checked the latest comments..and it started.

I think you'll be fine honestly. There was no detective work going on there.

LiveWire

Wellington said:
That's why I stick to GAF wilderness aka sports, Madden, fitness, and movie ages.

Yea seriously man all your Netflix updates, holy crap. How many movies do you watch? I thought you had no free time? :p

Lonestar

I'm still here, Duck added an update, so guess it's over.

Man, the OP went from thinking he had a sweet topic to talk about...ends up permabanned after he gets net detected. Baaaad Morning.

daw840

Lonestar said:
I'm still here, Duck added an update, so guess it's over.

Man, the OP went from thinking he had a sweet topic to talk about...ends up permabanned after he gets net detected. Baaaad Morning.

He didn't get perma'd, only the detectives.

bluemax

Banned
If you guys check out Raczilla's Twitter he's got a link to the new chat that is starting today on Locomotion in Madden 11. They archived the last one so don't fret if you miss out.

bluemax

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
wtf is locomotion
The new momentum based animation system. Instead of precanned animations we have now things like acceleration and momentum should actually matter now.

Honestly it sounds like high agility backs are going to be even more broken now. No more having a defender beat only to have him snap back from 5 yards away to make the tackle!

bluemax said:
The new momentum based animation system. Instead of precanned animations we have now things like acceleration and momentum should actually matter now.

Honestly it sounds like high agility backs are going to be even more broken now. No more having a defender beat only to have him snap back from 5 yards away to make the tackle!

well they can resolve this by not making a bunch of high agility backs who are unstoppable :/

bluemax

Banned
Oh hey they're trying to fix HBs high stepping and protaking through gang tackles. Wish they could say it was already fixed.

I was the single biggest beneficiary of this and I still hate it.

DMczaf

Madden NFL Dev Team: Even though the core technology is shared between the two games we have the ability to tune them differently. Control and fun is still a priority, but we are shooting for a little bit more of a sim feel with Madden. A little bit heavier feeling players (based on ratings of course) is probably the main difference.

JRuss will come with his own RE1 PS1 controls.

pro-tak is a sham. in theory it should be good: anything can happen! i envisioned it where the CPU wraps a guy up, and you come in and finish the tackle off. in execution, its nothing like that. it's basically a canned animation where a bunch of dudes start playing grab ass and there are 1 of 2 outcomes: the ballcarrier is tackled or he goes ultimate warrior on everyone and cannot be stopped on his way to the endzone.

they need to fix it or just take it out all together.

DMczaf

Really, they just need to tune the "Break out of 5+ player tackle" animation down to a 0.0000000000000000001% probability. Or just 0! If all the players are on that dude, and he breaks out of it, those guys are now out of the play and it's usually a TD unless you have a fast dude somewhere near the play who can now make up ground.

DMczaf said:
Really, they just need to tune the "Break out of 5+ player tackle" animation down to a 0.0000000000000000001% probability. Or just 0! If all the players are on that dude, and he breaks out of it, those guys are now out of the play and it's usually a TD unless you have a fast dude somewhere near the play who can now make up ground.

but even if there is someone there after they break out of the tackle they go fucking superman. i've seen a guy break out of a 5 man tackle, hurdle the next guy, drag another guy for the TD. that shit doesn't happen in the NFL

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
but even if there is someone there after they break out of the tackle they go fucking superman. i've seen a guy break out of a 5 man tackle, hurdle the next guy, drag another guy for the TD. that shit doesn't happen in the NFL

[Comment From YLhandLZ]
My question was regarding those running back animations that just continue no matter how the defenders respond (e.g. the pile break where the HB high steps through the SS who's 2-3 yrds downfield of the missed gang tackle). :)
5:00
Madden NFL Dev Team: I hated that last year too. It is high on our priority list to fix as we final the game. There were a few bugs causing it that we are tracking down.

Are you YLhandLZ!?

Mrbob

:lol

On a similar note, I don't give AT any credit for taking on a human with the Texans since he played Pheeniks. This is like playing an AI anyway! :D

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:
I admit I cried at the end. :(

It's ok, i always cry in the movie Eddie when the Cowboy threatens to move the Knicks and the fans get on the court and won't budge :(

DCX

Birdman02

Sorry, Lone. I just got home...gimme a few minutes to get something to eat.

My wife's playing Mass Effect, so I'll have to ask nicely for control of the 360. Wish me luck!!

EDIT: Ready when you are!!

Birdman02

Lonestar said:
nah, going to bed, starting to feel sick.

Sounds good man. I'll be around about the same time tomorrow night. Hope you feel better.

FYI...you're now my wife's favorite Madden league member. She really didn't want to turn off Mass Effect!

She's pissed at Luke for not sending gifts!!

Lonestar

Birdman02 said:
Sounds good man. I'll be around about the same time tomorrow night. Hope you feel better.

FYI...you're now my wife's favorite Madden league member. She really didn't want to turn off Mass Effect!

It's probably nothing. Just felt hot real quick and meh. I could play, but it would have constantly annoyed me, and it among other factors, would certainly lead to a loss, which would just make me upset. So a delay to save me replacing a door and/or wall, is in order.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Birdman02 said:

I was going to message you on XBL the other day about the game, good thing I didn't. :lol

What part is she up to? Still debating on ME2.

Birdman02

Wellington said:
I was going to message you on XBL the other day about the game, good thing I didn't. :lol

What part is she up to? Still debating on ME2.

We're both actually playing through it, but she's farther along than I am. She's on the Feros planet mission now....I know she's already finished the other 2 first main story planets. I'm surprised how much she likes this game because she normally hates all gunplay. I think she's put in somewhere between 15-20 hours.

I've only finished one of the 1st three main planets (the one not named Feros or Noveria). I've been doing a lot of the side quests, but I'm really enjoying the game so far.

We'll definitely pick up ME2 in the near future when money's not so tight.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Birdman02 said:
We're both actually playing through it, but she's farther along than I am. She's on the Feros planet mission now....I know she's already finished the other 2 first main story planets. I'm surprised how much she likes this game because she normally hates all gunplay. I think she's put in somewhere between 15-20 hours.

I've only finished one of the 1st three main planets (the one not named Feros or Noveria). I've been doing a lot of the side quests, but I'm really enjoying the game so far.

We'll definitely pick up ME2 in the near future when money's not so tight.
Fucking awesome. I hope one of you is playing as evil and the other good.

My ex was a gamer. It was fucking awesome doing raids in WoW with her. :lol You guys are lucky.

Top Bottom