• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

LiveWire

Smokey said:
Don't mind him, he's just feelin' himself a little too much. I was on the phone during the game. I tell him after that I'm off now and lets go and he says he has to play his MLB game.

Chump.

You were feeling my assault rifle in your mouth when I popped about 6 skulls out of your corpse. :D

LukeSmith

Saturday a.m. at the earliest. I'm in the middle of moving and going back to my old apartment for a game of Madden isn't the most convenient scenario of all time (internet installation on Sunday afternoon tho, Bobby)

LiveWire said:
You were feeling my assault rifle in your mouth when I popped about 6 skulls out of your corpse. :D

Talking trash about Headhunter? That's like talking trash and being sub-.500

Birdman02

GG Rors. A TAINT and a missed FG cost me the game. I think my o-line might be one of the best pass blocking lines in the league, but they can't run block for shit. I need a new center!!

Rorschach

GG, Birdman. Wow, your OL is beastly. :lol

I thought those mistakes were gonna cost me. I have no idea how you lost 7 games. You're too good for that! You burned the shit out of my chump corners and made them look like what they are. :(

Also, fuck Henderson! >:| Dude was in my face all day. When he wasn't sacking me, he was getting in there and not letting me step into my throw, collapsing the pocket, or stuffing McFadden. :( I had no idea what side he was on. We need names for defense, or at least numbers in 11.

Smokey

LukeSmith said:
Talking trash about Headhunter? That's like talking trash and being sub-.500

Like I said don't mind him. Run up on me in FFA and see what happens Live! CB witnessed first hand what I am capable of!

BTW when CB and I do join forces we win a good 95% of the time. Try to play with HaloGAF but they are cliqueish as hell and weird. So the rest of yall in here should get on sometime this weekend.

P.S. : Luke yall have to do something about Oddball in FFA it comes up as the default game just about every time. Quite annoying if you have to play it consecutive times because people don't know how to use the new veto function :/

all i know is that i'm 1-0 against rors in the regular season in madden 10. you can have your petty superbowl victory rors, the regular season is where the true champions live on forever

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
all i know is that i'm 1-0 against rors in the regular season in madden 10. you can have your petty superbowl victory rors, the regular season is where the true champions live on forever
:lol

LiveWire said:
I've beaten you in league play before. Not this season (Madden 10) but in prior seasons.
I don't think so (never lost to the skins even going way back to cubanb), but ok...

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Wow, Sable could have pretty much won the division last night if he had been able to pull it out against Smokey.

The scenarios are:

-Sable wins he is in as NFC South champ
-I win I am in as NFC East champ
-CB wins he is in as NFC East champ
-DM wins he at least gets wildcard thanks to MTC (and deservedly, he has the best conf record of all of us)
-Sable loses, DM wins, DM is NFC South champ (Deservedly, due to head to head and div record)
-Also, if Sable loses, DM wins, if CB wins, he and I are in the playoffs, Sable is out

A lot riding on that DM/Somnia game and the Rors/Sable game.

Poor Rors has to win and hope that Peter pulls the upset of the year and beats smokey so he could get a bye. A 15-1 wildcard team is possible, that's insanity.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Jeez, last three games for Dion Grimes 16 Rec 144 Yards.

Total on the season 51 Rec 1080 yards, so 35 Rec 936 yards in games before the last three. From 26.7 YPC to 9.0 YPC. Sable is still 2-1 in those games tho, so that's clearly not what drives his O.

daw840

Wellington said:
Jeez, last three games for Dion Grimes 16 Rec 144 Yards.

Total on the season 51 Rec 1080 yards, so 35 Rec 936 yards in games before the last three. From 26.7 YPC to 9.0 YPC. Sable is still 2-1 in those games tho, so that's clearly not what drives his O.

Santana Moss:D
101 Receptions
9 Receptions Dropped
67 Longest Reception
18 Receiving Touchdown
1836 Receiving Yards

Going to try and break 2000 yards on the season!

Nightz

Wellington said:
Poor Rors has to win and hope that Peter pulls the upset of the year and beats smokey so he could get a bye. A 15-1 wildcard team is possible, that's insanity.
Whoever gets the wild card is playing me anyway, so it's practically a bye. :lol

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
daw840 said:
Santana Moss:D
101 Receptions
9 Receptions Dropped
67 Longest Reception
18 Receiving Touchdown
1836 Receiving Yards

Going to try and break 2000 yards on the season!
Between him and AP I don't know how you lose games brosef.

I am happy with my performance with Eli this season, month long injury notwithstanding. 25/14 TD/Int ratio. Would be way better without the missed time. Ben Dwyane Wade 4/3 TD/Int. I got the hang of him too late, if I were playing another season I'd trade Eli and start Ben, he's fucking awesome and would be way better if progression improved his mid and short acc ratings into the 80s.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Also the addition of CJ was well worth it. Discounting the 14 rec 443 yard game he still put up huge numbers, considering I don't pass as often as others. Tied for 21st in attempts. :|

daw840

Wellington said:
Between him and AP I don't know how you lose games brosef.

I am happy with my performance with Eli this season, month long injury notwithstanding. 25/14 TD/Int ratio. Would be way better without the missed time. Ben Dwyane Wade 4/3 TD/Int. I got the hang of him too late, if I were playing another season I'd trade Eli and start Ben, he's fucking awesome and would be way better if progression improved his mid and short acc ratings into the 80s.

I.....I don't know how I lose games either. :(

It's never a problem with offensive production, at least not this season with the addition of a decent QB in Trent Edwards. It's always a problem on the other side of the ball and with turnovers.

LiveWire

Ugh what a missed opportunity season. I will finish 9-7 one game out of the playoffs. Even had I not lost silly games to the Lions or the Panthers, I might still lose out thanks to MTC (12-4 needed to win the East as the Skins). Oh well, I dominated the division this year finally. I guess I'm in for season 5, final year of the 4-year rebuilding plan. :lol

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
FrenchMovieTheme said:

200px-DirkNowitzki.jpg

DCX

DCX
LiveWire said:
Ugh what a missed opportunity season. I will finish 9-7 one game out of the playoffs. Even had I not lost silly games to the Lions or the Panthers, I might still lose out thanks to MTC (12-4 needed to win the East as the Skins). Oh well, I dominated the division this year finally. I guess I'm in for season 5, final year of the 4-year rebuilding plan. :lol
:lol :lol ill be one game out as well :( Must have wins against CB and Sable sealed my fate.

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DCX said:
:lol :lol ill be one game out as well :( Must have wins against CB and Sable sealed my fate.

DCX
Don't worry friend. I've already noted that without Roddy your offense is nothing. Tank/Turner is just an accessory. I am going to triple team Roddy in '11.

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:
Don't worry friend. I've already noted that without Roddy your offense is nothing. Tank/Turner is just an accessory. I am going to triple team Roddy in '11.
well, 8-9 man fronts will stop most anyone, and yes White was a huge part of my aerial attack which was slowed due to Bess not being a true number one. Scoring was indeed a problem after his injury :/ Then Ryan got hurt...ugh it's been a shitty last 6 games.

DCX

Wellington said:
Wow, Sable could have pretty much won the division last night if he had been able to pull it out against Smokey.

The scenarios are:

-Sable wins he is in as NFC South champ
-I win I am in as NFC East champ
-CB wins he is in as NFC East champ
-DM wins he at least gets wildcard thanks to MTC (and deservedly, he has the best conf record of all of us)
-Sable loses, DM wins, DM is NFC South champ (Deservedly, due to head to head and div record)
-Also, if Sable loses, DM wins, if CB wins, he and I are in the playoffs, Sable is out

A lot riding on that DM/Somnia game and the Rors/Sable game.

:( thanks for pointing this out. I had Smokey on the ropes, I thought, up by 10 near the end of the third, but ended up blowing it. Not to mention that I got 2 ints on him on his first to drives and capitalized on the first, but on the second one I gave it right back to him on a poor throw that was intercepted.

I couldn't stop throwing ints (int at the 2 min mark did it), 4 in total, killer against good players. So continues my end of regular season interception woes.

I'm not mad at all that DM likely will get the division, as you mentioned he swept me so he deserves it. I am a little mad that I probably will get knocked out of the playoffs again by MTC though. I beat both you and CB, shouldn't even have to win this last game. Fitting way to end my madden 10 career though. Oh well I know I "made" it to the playoffs 3 of the 4 seasons so I guess I'm fine with that.

Anyways looking forward to what looks to be a epic finale. First time playing rors no less, should be fun, looking forward to another good game.

Also yea the Grimes stats are a little depressing, but I gotta be able to make do.

Smokey

That game against Sable was pretty exciting. Shit got real in the middle of the 3rd when I was down 10. Made some defensive adjustments and that turned the game in my favor. Glad I could contribute to all of the MTC madness!

Also have two teams EVER finished with one loss in the SAME division (could potentially happen with Rors and I)?! Pretty crazy that a 14+ win team will have to settle for a wildcard birth:lol :lol

PBY

Banned
is there a way for my game to be simmed? I played halo reach all night last night... and now I'm stuck in the library starting a 15 page paper due tonight at 8... I. am. so. fucked.

also... i blame luke for whatever grade i get on this paper

peterb0y said:
is there a way for my game to be simmed? I played halo reach all night last night... and now I'm stuck in the library starting a 15 page paper due tonight at 8... I. am. so. fucked.

yea commish can sim it in order to advance. There is one human vs human game left, denog vs luke

Smokey

peterb0y said:

also... i blame luke for whatever grade i get on this paper

:lol

I'm barely awake right now. 5 exams in 3 days kicked the shit out of me :/. Best of luck!

Rorschach

peterb0y said:
You're being punished for playing a horrible game.

[edit] WTF? It shows you're still playing it. Get to work! Halo = the devil.

Smokey said:
Also have two teams EVER finished with one loss in the SAME division (could potentially happen with Rors and I)?! Pretty crazy that a 14+ win team will have to settle for a wildcard birth:lol :lol
I'm used to it since every team in my division has a better name. I even got screwed out of the playoffs year 2 because of the tie breaker. At least I get in this time.

Wellington said:
If I would have known, I never would have wasted that game. :(

Rorschach

Speaking of passing, I'm pretty happy with Fitch. I know I should have taken Riley, but at least Fitch has that badass throwing stance! If it weren't for him, I don't think I would have won that game against the Jags.

None of my former QBs would be able to make this throw, for example: http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/19499586

That would have been thrown 50 yards off or dropped. I gave up almost my entire defense to get him, but he was worth it!

Smokey

Rorschach said:
Speaking of passing, I'm pretty happy with Fitch. I know I should have taken Riley, but at least Fitch has that badass throwing stance! If it weren't for him, I don't think I would have won that game against the Jags.

None of my former QBs would be able to make this throw, for example: http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/19499586

That would have been thrown 50 yards off or dropped. I gave up almost my entire defense to get him, but he was worth it!

Jamarcus LOLussell could've made that throw. You didn't give him a chance.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
The Opponents who beat me this year have gone 52 wins and 6 losses. :/

Those 6 losses were
San Fran lost to The 13-1 Bills
San Fran lost to the Seahawks (4-11 of AI goodness)
Bills lost to the Rams (5-9 of AI Goodness)
Colts lost to the 8-7 Jaguars
Colts lost to the 13-1 Bills
Raider's lost to the 14-1 Chargers

The 2 losses to the Temp players of the Rams and Seahawk Baffle me. One of them was Livewire, right???

Top Bottom