• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

LiveWire

Nice. Thanks CB. Here's hoping that Gameflow isn't forced on us for online leagues, but I am definitely ALL-IN on Offensive/Defensive Gameplan. Shit looks fantastic. :D

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
Speaking of passing, I'm pretty happy with Fitch. I know I should have taken Riley, but at least Fitch has that badass throwing stance! If it weren't for him, I don't think I would have won that game against the Jags.

None of my former QBs would be able to make this throw, for example: http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/19499586

That would have been thrown 50 yards off or dropped. I gave up almost my entire defense to get him, but he was worth it!
Cover 2, why do that to yourselves!?

Birdman02

Wellington said:

His receivers were running free no matter what defense I was running. The 2 picks I got were thrown right to my safety. Other than those 2 plays, my defense was at least 3-5 yards away from his receivers. It didn't matter...cover 3, cover 4, cover 2, 9 velcro, man, zone blitz...nothing was really working for me.

Rorschach

Wellington said:
It wasn't straight up cover 2 and it was busted coverage. :p The point, though, was the way he fit that throw in. It was dead on.

Birdman02 said:
His receivers were running free no matter what defense I was running. The 2 picks I got were thrown right to my safety. Other than those 2 plays, my defense was at least 3-5 yards away from his receivers. It didn't matter...cover 3, cover 4, cover 2, 9 velcro, man, zone blitz...nothing was really working for me.
:lol I felt the same way on my end, but it was because your line was giving you all day and you were making good reads. And even when your guy was covered, you'd somehow get it over the top and my guys wouldn't do shit about it.

And yeah, Fitch made a couple of bad throws right into your safety's hands, but I can't blame him because they were pressure throws. :\

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Livewire said:
Cover 2 Sink. Smokey throws a lot of picks into that formation.

I'm impressed. Didn't think you could actually read coverages! :D

Rorschach said:
It wasn't straight up cover 2 and it was busted coverage. :p The point, though, was the way he fit that throw in. It was dead on.

I dunno if it was busted or not, seems like he shifted his SS into the box and the FS was giving a single high safety over the middle look. Without the press your WR just got behind the CB quickly and the FS could not get into position.

Edit: You're right tho, excellent throw by Fitch. BD Wade could not make that throw, the guy would have been out of bounds. And nice phasing into the crowd. :lol

Rorschach

Wellington said:
I'm impressed. Didn't think you could actually read coverages! :D

I dunno if it was busted or not, seems like he shifted his SS into the box and the FS was giving a single high safety over the middle look. Without the press your WR just got behind the CB quickly and the FS could not get into position.

Edit: You're right tho, excellent throw by Fitch. BD Wade could not make that throw, the guy would have been out of bounds. And nice phasing into the crowd. :lol
It was busted because his corner was out of position. It was press coverage (you can see AJ getting pressed on the other side), but the corner wasn't there, he got tied and lined up wrong. Also, check out the LB blitz. What happens is that the ROLB and the MLB rush the QB, the LOLB covers the middle, and the DEs cover the spots normally assigned to the OLBs in cover 2. If the play was run the right way, the safety would have gotten there on time. The bad angle doesn't show that the CB was out of position. :(

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LiveWire said:
Well when I play you I don't really need to read anything since your offense is so predictably bad. :D
I lead you in almost every offensive stat (Small margin, but still) and I didn't have Eli for four games. :lol

Enjoy watching the playoffs from the sideline yet again.

It was busted because his corner was out of position. It was press coverage (you can see AJ getting pressed on the other side), but the corner wasn't there, he got tied and lined up wrong. Also, check out the LB blitz. What happens is that the ROLB and the MLB rush the QB, the LOLB covers the middle, and the DEs cover the spots normally assigned to the OLBs in cover 2. If the play was run the right way, the safety would have gotten there on time. The bad angle doesn't show that the CB was out of position. :(

Did not notice the CB bumping Johnson. Well played!

LiveWire

Wellington said:
I lead you in almost every offensive stat (Small margin, but still) and I didn't have Eli for four games. :lol

Oh-ho! Now the Eeyore schtick gets tossed to the curb like Dez Bryant's mom!

You also have a ridiculously good O-line and a 97 OVR wide receiver (how THAT trade gets approved but my trade with Smokey doesn't, I'll never know). If I had that I'd have 50 TDs.

I forget, how many times did you beat me this season?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
LiveWire said:

You also have a ridiculously good O-line and a 97 OVR wide receiver. If I had that I'd have 50 TDs.

turiaflol-o.gif

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LiveWire said:

You also have a ridiculously good O-line and a 97 OVR wide receiver (how THAT trade gets approved but my trade with Smokey doesn't, I'll never know). If I had that I'd have 50 TDs.
:lol Ridiculously good? From left to right: 81, 76, 83, 92, 86. What else are you going to tell me? I have a better fullback? Nope. Better RB? Nope. Better TEs? Nope and nope. Only thing I really get you on is a 97 OVR WR.

Sorry you're missing the playoffs kid, but don't take it out on me. Madden already gave you the two games over me with two fumbles in each of those.

LiveWire

Wellington said:
:lol Ridiculously good? From left to right: 81, 76, 83, 92, 86. What else are you going to tell me? I have a better fullback? Nope. Better RB? Nope. Better TEs? Nope and nope. Only thing I really get you on is a 97 OVR WR.

Sorry you're missing the playoffs kid, but don't take it out on me. Madden already gave you the two games over me with two fumbles in each of those.

Missing a first round exit? Not really sad to miss that. I'd prefer to win a championship. :D

As for who has the better team, Hedgecock's run blocking ratings, acceleration and strength are much better than Sellers. For a run-first offense that's fantastic. You have Jacobs, Bradshaw AND Brown. And of course, Megatron. And that's not even getting into your defense. But yea, Madden gave me those games, OK. :lol

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LiveWire said:
Missing a first round exit? Not really sad to miss that. I'd prefer to win a championship. :D

As for who has the better team, Hedgecock's run blocking ratings, acceleration and strength are much better than Sellers. For a run-first offense that's fantastic. You have Jacobs, Bradshaw AND Brown. And of course, Megatron. And that's not even getting into your defense. But yea, Madden gave me those games, OK. :lol

Last time I made the playoffs I lost i think in OT to CB in the NFCCG, so try again there.

You should check again on run first. 340 pass attempts to 305 run attempts. That's including games where I went conservative to protect BD Wade.

How about this:

Redskins fumbles 12
Giants fumbles 14

Jacobs CAR 96
Brown CAR 99
Bradshaw CAR 81

Portis CAR 86
Taylor CAR 75

Giants RB fumbles - 11
Skins RB fumbles - 4

Three man rotation, so you know I keep them fresh.

Hmmm.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
LiveWire said:
PROTIP: Use Right Bumper (RB) to protect the ball.

I should do this more often. It might help cut down on my 3 fumbles.

If only Taylor hadn't missed 2 1/2 games, he's have a decent shot to join AP (Season 1) and Scooter Chapman (Season 3) in the 1000 Rushing and Recieving yards Club :/ Sitting at 972 running and 834 receiving yards.

Possible in my last game, but not guaranteed.

Oh, hidden Statistic. The #1 Offensive record currently is CB3's Season 2 Philly team, with 6127 Offensive yards. That record is in serious jeopardy, with FMT (6021 yards) and, much to his chagrin, Daw (6041 yards). With 1 game left. That record is going to fall, unless we see some sub-100 yards of total offense by them in Week 16.

And unless Striker comes back to his Brown's, and manages back to back Sub 50 yards per game Defensively, he won't break his record of 3641 yards (Defense) in season 3.

Daw has smashed the record of most offensive yards given up.

To show the extreme increase of offensive yards our league has shown, especially once the 1st draft happened (and introduced all those uber players), check this out:

My Defense right now, gives up 319 offensive yards right now. That's 20th right now. That same amount would have been 21st in Season 2 and Season 3.

That same amount, would be 31st in Season 1.

daw840

Lonestar said:
I should do this more often. It might help cut down on my 3 fumbles.

If only Taylor hadn't missed 2 1/2 games, he's have a decent shot to join AP (Season 1) and Scooter Chapman (Season 3) in the 1000 Rushing and Recieving yards Club :/ Sitting at 972 running and 834 receiving yards.

Possible in my last game, but not guaranteed.

Oh, hidden Statistic. The #1 Offensive record currently is CB3's Season 2 Philly team, with 6127 Offensive yards. That record is in serious jeopardy, with FMT (6021 yards) and, much to his chagrin, Daw (6041 yards). With 1 game left. That record is going to fall, unless we see some sub-100 yards of total offense by them in Week 16.

And unless Striker comes back to his Brown's, and manages back to back Sub 50 yards per game Defensively, he won't break his record of 3641 yards (Defense) in season 3.

Daw has smashed the record of most offensive yards given up.

To show the extreme increase of offensive yards our league has shown, especially once the 1st draft happened (and introduced all those uber players), check this out:

My Defense right now, gives up 319 offensive yards right now. That's 20th right now. That same amount would have been 21st in Season 2 and Season 3.

That same amount, would be 31st in Season 1.

:(

This is why I lose games. I just can't play defense apparently. How am I doing on overall offense though? I should be up there. Jesus, Santana Moss probably has more yards than the entire Chiefs team.
I kid pete, I kid ;)

DCX

DCX
daw840 said:

This is why I lose games. I just can't play defense apparently. How am I doing on overall offense though? I should be up there. Jesus, Santana Moss probably has more yards than the entire Chiefs team.
I kid pete, I kid ;)
You ranked first in offense. I ranked 7th yet i'm like 15th or 16th in points per game...fucking ridiculous.

On defense i'm 18th against the run, 20th against the pass and 20th overall.

DCX

Rorschach

All I know is I'm number 1 in points allowed and number 2 in points scored (and I didn't run up the score on the cpu like SF!). :D You guys can have your offense stats!

CB3

Train more before you embarrass yourself again FMT. Ill be happy to give you more of a beating later on

Lonestar

daw840 said:

I kid pete, I kid ;)

What I was saying is, all you have to do is get like 90 yards of total offense in your last game, and your offense will be the most prolific in yards attained in the 4 seasons of Madden 10 League.

You already have the record for most yards given up in a season, though.

And I don't know if Ror played someone in the CPU games, but Ravens (52-13), Steelers (42-14) Poor Ole Peter (44-13 & 55-7)

wowwzers

Lonestar said:
What I was saying is, all you have to do is get like 90 yards of total offense in your last game, and your offense will be the most prolific in yards attained in the 4 seasons of Madden 10 League.

You already have the record for most yards given up in a season, though.

And I don't know if Ror played someone in the CPU games, but Ravens (52-13), Steelers (42-14) Poor Ole Peter (44-13 & 55-7)

wowwzers

i'm only 20 total yards behind him for the season at this point (401.40 per game vs. 402.73 per game). maybe alex will pull through for me in the final game and give me best offense title!

p.s. you got lucky CB!

Lonestar

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i'm only 20 total yards behind him for the season at this point (401.40 per game vs. 402.73 per game). maybe alex will pull through for me in the final game and give me best offense title!

p.s. you got lucky CB!

Well, you play Astro, and he plays...Detroit (maybe someone/maybe not)

CB3

FMT is so bad at SF. He has a more predictable offense than when CK lines BJac up at FB!

CB3

FrenchMovieTheme said:
motherfucker i haven't played SF4 in like 6 months, give me a chance to get back into the swing of things!

Excuses. Im ready to roll whenever you are

Top Bottom