• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

LukeSmith

Lonestar said:
Could probably go tonight. I plan on taking an extreme nap when I get home in 45 minutes, working in the hot weather=not for me :(

Tomorrow Morning should be ok too, though Family is having a large Mother's Day Meal (Grandmother, aunt's, and Mom, lots o people), and I can't get an answer if it's "Lunch" or "Dinner."

I'm still at work currently, I'll keep checking in the thread, though.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
So the 2010 Draft class is in the Madden Ultimate Team mode. EA trying more ways to get more money!

If you can play against friends in 11, it could be cool

daw840

CB3 said:
So the 2010 Draft class is in the Madden Ultimate Team mode. EA trying more ways to get more money!

If you can play against friends in 11, it could be cool

Yeah, they just completely wasted an incredible opportunity with that Ultimate Team stuff by not allowing you to play with friends...

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
mrbob2k1 7:41 pm
(7:41:46 PM): i thought about coming back for season 5 before that game

(7:41:50 PM): now i'll have time to play other things

261hjxh.gif

Birdman02

FrenchMovieTheme said:
pretty much. im looking forward to this franchise being over just so i can delete that fucking 500 mb dl off my HD!

You know you'll just have to download the "new" version when 11 comes out??

How are the playoffs not done yet?? I'm ready to make some moves!!

Rorschach

Birdman02 said:
You know you'll just have to download the "new" version when 11 comes out??

How are the playoffs not done yet?? I'm ready to make some moves!!
Conflicting schedules, but hopefully we can get a bunch of games done this weekend. :D

Everyone should start looking at people to drop for FA. What are the rules this year? Same as last?

[edit] Wow, DM made it past the first round! Everyone remember this day! If he makes it past FMT, everything is officially haywire.

DCX

DCX
Rorschach said:
Conflicting schedules, but hopefully we can get a bunch of games done this weekend. :D

Everyone should start looking at people to drop for FA. What are the rules this year? Same as last?
I say we do two rounds, 75, 70 rated. Gives the little guys a chance to hold on to some talent. I rather do just one round 80. I'm not the commish, but yeah we need an official list of people staying to play and staying just to do the offseason stuff. ( wellie said he will be doing all the offseason stuff but likely not playing )

DCX

Rorschach said:

[edit] Wow, DM made it past the first round! Everyone remember this day! If he makes it past FMT, everything is officially haywire.

time to take out the trash fellas!

aquaman2il7.jpg

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
LukeSmith said:
Lonestar down 4, 52 seconds to play, no timeouts, just took a punt on his own 4 yard line.

Then he disconnects :(
Gun, meet mouth.

Knew I'd have all the shitastic luck. Lb we was open, and I hit motherfucking X...

What do you want to do?

lol wut. damn I wish I made the playoffs enough to sim it and don't care. I don't even know if I've won enough games combined in 4 seasons to make the playoffs in one season! :lol

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
ph33nix said:
I don't even know if I've won enough games combined in 4 seasons to make the playoffs in one season! :lol
:lol

Did anyone save all of the standings across the franchise? I think I went 12-4, 11-5, 10-6, 10-6. I may be wrong about season 1, could have been 11-5 as well. 42-22 all time would not be so bad, probably like 5th/6th or so in the franchise behind Rors, LJ, Smokey, Luke and maybe CB.

BigAT

Wellington said:
:lol

Did anyone save all of the standings across the franchise? I think I went 12-4, 11-5, 10-6, 10-6. I may be wrong about season 1, could have been 11-5 as well. 42-22 all time would not be so bad, probably like 5th/6th or so in the franchise behind Rors, LJ, Smokey, Luke and maybe CB.
And this guy.

12-4, 12-4, 10-6 (maybe 11-5, I forget), 13-3

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
BigAT said:
And this guy.

12-4, 12-4, 10-6 (maybe 11-5, I forget), 13-3
Yeah how could I forget. :( That second 12-4 year included a win over me, I was not happy after that one because of the two picks by your DTs. :|

I think you're the only person who I played once but still developed a pretty extensive defensive gameplan for our second meeting two seasons later. That loss stung so bad.

This is the problem with me though, it's not just the one hour game, it's the hour I spend after it checking every replay, reviewing my mistakes, looking at all the stats, saving the top ten plays per game, talking about it with the opponent. There's been times when I play a game at 9 EST and shut the 360 off at midnight. That's why it's tough to commit to another season for me. It'd be awesome if we could set up a league where all we did was just coach the team and spectate. I wish there was a game like that........................

sim it wtf? why dont you guys play out the final 52 seconds with lonestar having the ball at the 4 yard line, then the winner plays cpu right after?

p.s. my records were

S1: 8-8
S2: 9-7
S3: 12-4
S4: 14-2
S5: 16-0

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Why, because the 1st game disconnected at halftime with me having a 14 point lead, and the 2nd one disconnected with a minute left and he had a 4 point lead.

and staying up to 3 just to have that happen...yeah....not reqlly feeling it.

Rorschach

Patriots (11-5)
Bills (15-1)

Eagles (10-6)
49ers (14-2)

Raiders (14-2)
Chargers (15-1)

Buccaneers (10-6)
Packers (13-3)

I told you you'd face the Eagles, FMT! Alphabetical tie breaker. :(

LukeSmith

In a game where he put up 10 points for the entire game and was getting the ball on the 4 with 52 seconds to play and without any timeouts there was pretty much zero chance Lonestar was going to win. Which is pretty much the same chance there was for me to come back in the first disconnect.

Wellington said:
I think that's a move you make 100%. Put the game totally out of reach.

i don't know. i kick the FG in that situation. by going up 8, your opponent has to score on you twice. by not making that 2 pointer, you guarantee a TD sends it into OT. but i can see where going for the 2 is the right move, just extremely aggressive. given the flow of the game i'd have kicked the XP. he only put up 15 points at that time, not worth the risk!

Top Bottom