• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

DMczaf

I had to go for that 4th and 2 at the 42. Giving you the ball with 2+ mins left and you only needed a FG to win? Especially after you ran all over me before that during those 2 TD drives.

And yeah, I knew I was going for 2 the second I scored that TD. If I'm 2 yards away from making it a 2 score game, you gotta take that chance.

great game bigat, i knew settling for FGs early in the game would bite me in the ass and sure enough, you started to get your offensive mojo working.

BigAT

DMczaf said:
I had to go for that 4th and 2 at the 42. Giving you the ball with 2+ mins left and you only needed a FG to win? Especially after you ran all over me before that during those 2 TD drives.
Yeah, I know. It's just frustrating.

On a side note, is it just me or is highlighting a receiver not only ineffective, it's detrimental at times?

There was one play where I highlighted one of DM's receivers (it was either Winslow or Stroughter, I forget which but I predicted the player correctly), the receiver ran a deep post against the cover 3 defense I was running. My safeties and I think a LB that was in the area all shifted towards the receiver, then after he made his cut they were all completely out of position because of the shift. Freeman threw it to an area that certainly would have been covered if they hadn't moved, instead they were all behind the receiver and he caught it for a huge gain and big first down. I'm pretty sure it was a rather pivotal point in the game and it was infuriating to watch it breakdown like that after calling what should have been good coverage AND properly guessing where I thought the ball was headed.

Smokey

It's always some BS that helps decides games when I play Rors. He gets 3 picks (2 which were my fault). Meanwhile the ball hits my guys right in the hands 2x and nothing happens. Or he just presses the lob button and my corners are in position and don't even attempt to swat the ball down and he catches it for big gains on 3rd downs. But then on his end a fatass lineman can pick off the ball and run it in for a touchdown.

Wilson goes down in the 2nd quarter I think for the game and of course that changes my offensive game plan.

Whatever.

Still had a chance but I didn't convert on two 2pt attempts. That's my fault though. That other shit I just listed is horseshit and makes playing this game against an already good player even more frustrating.

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
47-39 damn where's the D! :lol

In Tampa
juyh41.jpg

Birdman02

Wellington said:
I think that's a move you make 100%. Put the game totally out of reach.

It's a call you would see made <5% of the time in the NFL, but I agree that it might be the smart move in Madden, considering how many points are scored in our league.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Birdman02 said:
It's a call you would see made <5% of the time in the NFL, but I agree that it might be the smart move in Madden, considering how many points are scored in our league.
I agree 100% with you.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Wellington said:
WHAT THE MOTHERFUCK!!!! WHY IS IT NOT SHOWING "WATCHING A MOVIE"!?!?

:|

Shut up! Everyone shut up!!
I'm out of date on crummy movie's. What is The Proposal?

Still out and about, wont be home for awhile, whomever I'm supposed to play.

Rorschach

Playing Madden NFL 10
Online Franchise; 4th qtr.; 35 - 30

FMT losing momentum!

Lonestar said:
I'm out of date on crummy movie's. What is The Proposal?

Still out and about, wont be home for awhile, whomever I'm supposed to play.
Horrible chick flick with Sandra Bullock.

Rorschach

Playing Madden NFL 10
Online Franchise; 4th qtr.; 35 - 38

Come on, FMT! Don't you fail me you sumbitch! Not like this!

[edit]
Playing Madden NFL 10
Online Franchise; 4th qtr.; 35 - 41

You bastard! I hate you!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Fuck this god damn game. I tore FMT a new asshole but i lose because the game gave him the whole fucking first quarter of bullshit and the CPU cant cover that HB streak even when i know its coming and have people in zone RIGHT THERE.

CB3 said:
Fuck this god damn game. I tore FMT a new asshole but i lose because the game gave him the whole fucking first quarter of bullshit and the CPU cant cover that HB streak even when i know its coming and have people in zone RIGHT THERE.

xrrbt.gif

CB3 said:

can't believe i let that lead slip away. vick had some fucking ridiculous runs/plays. on one key FOURTH down, i had him wrapped up, he escapes, gets hit by willis, but still manages to make a perfect throw. it was all game with that motherfucker.

as far as giving me the first quarter i dont know. you scrambled with vick, i hit sticked him, he fumbled, TD. the interception was bogus cause your guy was open, just a horrible throw by vick. and the KR TD was delicious!

on that final TD, that wasn't even who i wanted to go to. i was sending keller on a fly to clear the LB's for a slant from my outside receiver. then when i hiked it both your LB's fanned out of the middle closer to the secondary and i said fuck it.

i didn't really deserve to win that game. i made some HORRIBLE throws. the int late i swear crabtree was wideopen, didn't see your CB there at all.

p.s. forgot to mention i got a long bomb TD on crabtree where he outjumped Cold (who took control of the CB trying for a userpick in the endzone)

now i get to play DM. oh boy, another scrambling qb -_-

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
AFC should be ashamed right now. I fight my ass off against EA and FMT to lose at the last second when i was down 21-3, and you guys dont even care about your games.

bad blood between LJ and lonestar.

fellas just relax, play a good game, say gg to each other afterwards, and let that be that.

i can't let the league turn into "well i dont want to play this person because of this". justified or not it sets a bad precedent for not only madden '10 but also future seasons.

just be cool and cordial and get the game done. it would kill me to think there were 2 simmed playoff games in the same year or someone playing against the CPU.

LJ11

CB3 said:
AFC should be ashamed right now. I fight my ass off against EA and FMT to lose at the last second when i was down 21-3, and you guys dont even care about your games.

Fair enough.

Smokey

CB3 said:

fuck you i gave rors a competitive game

Rorschach

You gonna play LJ? See you in the AFC Championship game!

CB3 said:
I've played all my games! I'm the AFC's shining hope now!

Smokey said:
fuck you i gave rors a competitive game
AFC West > NFC!

Top Bottom