• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

ill wait for reviews on backbreaker. if it was $19.99 i'd jump in without any reviews, but i'm not dropping $59.99 on a new sports franchise. it literally takes years for sports games to become decently playable so i just don't trust it. but if gameplay is good the tech does look awesome!

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
english's insatiable hunger will be satisfied at last
rwryht.jpg

DCX

DCX
So one half of the super bowl to be decided right now. How awesome! So now to find out if and when Lj can play..or maybe a sub at least..screw that simming a conference title game.

The off-season is near! We should return just about as many we had this season..just lose a vet or two. Falcons are eager to improve on a subpar season. Progression should treat me nicely also. Knox, Ross, and Tank should be 90s!

DCX

Rorschach

Having a fill-in for the SB would suck. :lol

Anyway, here's what LJ said on the matter before signing off:

LJ 11370 (9:50:58 PM): and dont hold up the league
LJ 11370 (9:50:59 PM): for me either
LJ 11370 (9:51:01 PM): no idea
LJ 11370 (9:51:05 PM): what may or may not happen
LJ 11370 (9:51:07 PM): so i dont care

Mrbob

FrenchMovieTheme said:
ill wait for reviews on backbreaker. if it was $19.99 i'd jump in without any reviews, but i'm not dropping $59.99 on a new sports franchise. it literally takes years for sports games to become decently playable so i just don't trust it. but if gameplay is good the tech does look awesome!

You can get the Backbreaker Ipod app for 99 cents. All the money you need to spend on the game to look at the animations.

Somnia

Rorschach said:
Having a fill-in for the SB would suck. :lol

Anyway, here's what LJ said on the matter before signing off:

I think you should just play the CPU so there is no fill-in for the SB. Going to be the Raiders and 49ers again! (sorry DM)

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
--Deadpool: "Deadpool has the ability to teleport around the battlefield, but do it too many times and his device will backfire to hilarious results. Even breaking the fourth wall, Deadpool's special consists of beating down opponents with his own life bar."
Im there dude. MvC3 will be awesome

Smokey

Wellington said:
Looks pretty good. I'm willing to try it out if anyone else is.

I'm not buying it, but I'm renting it from Gamefly. If you get/rent it that'll be at least 1 person from here who can put it through the paces with me!

a return to the superbowl.... to face a team i can't beat (whether it is the raiders or bills) :/

anyhow, it was a gg against dm where i got pretty lucky with fumbles. i think there is a glitch in the game because i was up 14 late, i got a sack/strip, and then did the minigame which appeared to be on DM's side. it gave me the recovery and after chris collinsworth says "wow its not too often that you see a skinny little receiver like that fight for and recover the loose ball!"

aside from that i kept freeballin in check. i think he might have had 1 run, i dont know. i made one poor pass in the game which was picked. crabtree was coming off the bump and a lot of times you can kind of lob it for that brief second when the WR is out of the bump animation but the cb delays in reacting, only this time talib didn't delay and picked it.

other than that i just ran the ball a lot with ok success. the hit stick + fumble + TD right before the half was a killer for dm. the ball was just sitting on the ground for an eternity before one of my guys came and slowly picked it up :lol

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
other than that i just ran the ball a lot with ok success. the hit stick + fumble + TD right before the half was a killer for dm. the ball was just sitting on the ground for an eternity before one of my guys came and slowly picked it up :lol

GEE! Our game was decided by 1 play? I HAVE NEVER HAD THIS EXPERIENCE BEFORE IN MY LIFE!

It's always one god damn play against you. ALWAYS

DMczaf said:
GEE! Our game was decided by 1 play? I HAVE NEVER HAD THIS EXPERIENCE BEFORE IN MY LIFE!

It's always one god damn play against you. ALWAYS

:lol

i swear there is homefield advantage in this game whether they say it or not. the last 2 playoffs i have just gotten all the breaks at home

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
:lol

i swear there is homefield advantage in this game whether they say it or not. the last 2 playoffs i have just gotten all the breaks at home
All my playoffs have been on the road since I'm always a wildcard. :(

Smokey

Ay FMT I just saw your TV post in the OT.

If you're looking in the 50'' range..plasma will be cheaper than LCD. There's a 46'' 1080p Panasonic plasma downstairs that I use to play games on a lot and there hasn't been any issue of image retention (had the TV going on 2 years). Plasma also gives you better blacks, and off angle viewing if you have friends over etc.

I've had a LCD before and really after using the plasma (especially for sports viewing, Blu-ray movies, and games) I couldn't go back to it.

Do you need a TV now or could you wait? 2010 is a bad year to buy a TV imo.

LJ11

Thanks for wishes fellas!

Dad's going to be fine, wasn't anything serious, just a slight scare. He spent the night next to a crack head suffering from withdrawal and some guy the cops beat up. We had some good laughs.

Just woke up an hour ago, got home around 11am, may have time to play in a couple of hours.

BigAT

LJ11 said:

Dad's going to be fine, wasn't anything serious, just a slight scare. He spent the night next to a crack head suffering from withdrawal and some guy the cops beat up. We had some good laughs.

Just woke up an hour ago, got home around 11am, may have time to play in a couple of hours.
Great news, good to hear.

Somnia

LJ11 said:

Glad to hear everything is fine!

DCX

DCX
LJ11 said:

Awesome dude!!! So glad it wasn't serious.

DCX

Smokey

LJ11 said:

good shit man. glad everything's alright.

Rorschach

LJ11 said:

Awesome news. :) Glad everything is fine. Hit me up on aim if you do want to play. I'll be away, but I have my sound up.

LukeSmith

LJ11 said:

Yes! Glad everything OK, LJ

Peterboy I know you are reading this but I beg you as a fellow finfan to take over Kelly James and the Miami Dolphins for me. You might have a heart for Scooter Chapman in KC but I know you love the Dolphins, Kelly James, Twan Mckinley, Randy Moss, #1/2 draft pick, and Jake Long more!

Mrbob

Glad to hear everything is A OK LJ!

Oh and FMT Plasma my friend, best bang for your bucks. You can get some killer deals on plasmas, don't wait!

LJ11 said:

happy to hear everything is ok LJ!

Birdman02

Rorschach said:
Free agency will go by fast. We only have like 10 people.

I thought we were closer to 20 at last count.

Also, Robert Mathis DE and DeAngelo Williams are on the block if anyone is interested.

Top Bottom