• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

:lol

i think we'll just stick with season 5 of this franchise. resetting kind of sets a bad precedent for next season. "why waste my time if you're just going to decide to reset after 4 seasons!?"

i can see the allure of a reset (no fantasy backs), but lets finish what we started bro's. the reset comes with madden '11 :D

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Smokey said:
wtf mayne

what's the problem here? this is the final season, pheeniks requested i take over the dolphins so what's the issue? i wouldn't run two teams at once obviously, so that isn't a concern.

fuck you cb

smoothswagger.gif

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:

i think we'll just stick with season 5 of this franchise. resetting kind of sets a bad precedent for next season. "why waste my time if you're just going to decide to reset after 4 seasons!?"

i can see the allure of a reset (no fantasy backs), but lets finish what we started bro's. the reset comes with madden '11 :D

Good, now you can get rid of that ugly son of a bitch in your avatar.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Is there any way that for Madden 11 we can wait until we get regular season rosters? I'm sure I'm not the only one that was missing a ton of real life players that actually made the team.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Wellington said:
Is there any way that for Madden 11 we can wait until we get regular season rosters? I'm sure I'm not the only one that was missing a ton of real life players that actually made the team.
Agreed.

I also think the fact that progressions are messed up in Madden 10, I hope it is something they address in Madden 11. My offensive line is supposed to be one of the best in football and every year in our franchise, players have been going backwards with the exception of Mangold (who hasn't moved up or down since we started).

One last thing: is there a formula or process that one can use to see what a rookie's potential will be?

Rorschach

Wellington said:
Ask Rors/Luke, they were able to do it.
That league runs parallel to this one, so we don't know what the rookies will be like in a few years.

Wellington said:
I'd vote against it. I was also missing some players from my real roster, but that is a long fucking wait. Also, we never know if something happens where we don't get the rosters on time. Look at the disaster that was the MLB league. That kind of thing can make the league kinda fizzle out.

LiveWire

10PM Eastern tomorrow night? Works for me.

I have a mid 1st (#13) and mid 2nd (#51) up for trade. Looking for offensive linemen, linebackers or cornerbacks.

daw840

So, whoever is getting my first round pick. Please give me a list of players in order of importance before the pick comes up. I will not be going through the same shit that happened last time. I felt really bad about that, and I want this to go smoothly.

LiveWire

daw840 said:
So, whoever is getting my first round pick. Please give me a list of players in order of importance before the pick comes up. I will not be going through the same shit that happened last time. I felt really bad about that, and I want this to go smoothly.

I'll PM you a list shortly.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
I'd vote against it. I was also missing some players from my real roster, but that is a long fucking wait. Also, we never know if something happens where we don't get the rosters on time. Look at the disaster that was the MLB league. That kind of thing can make the league kinda fizzle out.
Guat. EA has been pretty good for a few years now on roster updates. Further, this is a group that has been together for years aside from the 2-3 additions/subtractions we normally get, I doubt we'd have interest begin to wane.

Every year the MLB leagues are tried and they fail almost every time (large amount of dropouts, cutting the season short, etc.). Baseball also does not lend itself to online play as well as football does, so it's not a great comparison.

Compound that with new game-play mechanics being introduced that will take some time to get used to - I think it will be wise to wait a bit.

daw said:

Do not set a board, just pick.

LiveWire

Wellington said:
Do not set a board, just pick.

Yea, good point, daw don't enter these names into your draft board, EA will fuck it up. I assume you meant to use the list to just check off and draft manually, but just in case. Thanks again.

DCX

DCX
Somnia said:
Well we could do a temp. Fantasy league or something till the real league starts or just do tourneys
Use Denoggs X league. He created one called neogaf 2 i think, we can run two together. I assume only like 8-10 will join X league, it will probably advance faster than Season 5.

DCX

CB3

DCX said:
Use Denoggs X league. He created one called neogaf 2 i think, we can run two together. I assume only like 8-10 will join X league, it will probably advance faster than Season 5.

DCX

he is talking about in madden 11

Rorschach

Whatevs. I won't be able to wait and neither will you guys! I only want to wait for the week 3 preseason rosters and not the week 2 ones.

CB3

It pains me that your gonna throw a ton of INT's with mcnabb next year and totally ruin his stats. shit makes me wanna barf

CB3

Your right. Good thing the chances of that happening are slightly greater than Pheeknicks winning it all

LiveWire

CB3 said:
Your right. Good thing the chances of that happening are slightly greater than 6-time Pro Bowl and franchise QB Donovan McNabb getting traded to an NFC East rival

CB3 said:
Your right. Good thing the chances of that happening are slightly greater than LiveWire beating CB3

Hey look what happened.

CB3

Its quite alright. I messed around with Kolb in madden. and i hit the playoffs with Vick with not much of a significant dropoff on offense. It will be me and CK on top of the East in madden 11 with you bringing up the rear trying to find some excuse to blame your poor play on

LiveWire

So when I beat you (again) and take the East next year, and you fail to qualify for the playoffs, what new (old) trash talk will you spew this time? Portis PRO-TAKing your bitch defense? (Even though it was your own dumbass fault for overpursuing and trying to hit stick him every time?).

Oh that's right! You start making excuses when you lose just like everyone else! I guess I'll just have to make it a habit of beating you and maybe your tired early-2000 era Eagles trash talk will finally disappear and you might show some good sportsmanship. Nah, you'll probably still spout more bullshit. :lol

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
CB3 said:
Its quite alright. I messed around with Kolb in madden. and i hit the playoffs with Vick with not much of a significant dropoff on offense. It will be me and CK on top of the East in madden 11 with you bringing up the rear trying to find some excuse to blame your poor play on
I can't wait to miss the playoffs in the last week again. :D

CB3

LiveWire said:
So when I beat you (again) and take the East next year, and you fail to qualify for the playoffs, what new (old) trash talk will you spew this time? Portis PRO-TAKing your bitch defense? (Even though it was your own dumbass fault for overpursuing and trying to hit stick him every time?).

Oh that's right! You start making excuses when you lose just like everyone else! I guess I'll just have to make it a habit of beating you and maybe your tired early-2000 era Eagles trash talk will finally disappear and you might show some good sportsmanship. Nah, you'll probably still spout more bullshit. :lol

8-1? I dont need trash talk for that. You can spew your words to CK because you somehow beat him, but the fact it took you 8 or 9 tries to get me once should say enough. Nasty Nate will be waiting for you in madden 11

LiveWire

CB3 said:
8-1? I dont need trash talk for that. You can spew your words to CK because you somehow beat him, but the fact it took you 8 or 9 tries to get me once should say enough. Nasty Nate will be waiting for you in madden 11

Clearly you do, because that's all you have to brag about every time in this topic. You ain't got shit to show for it in the championship column, that's for sure. :lol

CB3

LiveWire said:
Clearly you do, because that's all you have to brag about every time in this topic. You ain't got shit to show for it in the championship column, that's for sure. :lol

Im ok with getting as far as i have. The only loss that has really hurt is this last one to FMT. I should have won.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
LiveWire said:
Somnia has them. The NFC (I think) will be filled again. The AFC should have openings though.

ah ok, thanks, I wouldn't be too picky

Smokey

LiveWire said:

LiveWire said:

double :lol

levious said:
ah ok, thanks, I wouldn't be too picky

Yes. new meat. Come to the AFC. We'll make you feel right at home.

CB3

You two can be new butt buddies now that Pheeknicks left smokey. A superpower always needs a scrub sidekick

Top Bottom