• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I'm about to order RDR, but what is the better deal to go with, Buy.com's $15 off or Amazon's $20 towards videogames? I buy shit off of Amazon all the time, but never videogames. If I go with free Amazon shipping, it won't get here until next week, and by then you guys likely won't even be playing the game anymore. How is buy.com shipping?

Also I could get a $25 card from TRU, but that's also towards R-Zone purchases and expires within a month.

Decisions. :|

Edit: Eh, TRU deal expired yesterday.

Mrbob

I'll be playing Red Dead next week. Just need people to play online with. :D

Calling it GTA4 in a western setting is a bit of a disservice. They are both open world, but the vastness of the early 1900s western setting in RDR makes it feel like it dwarfs the scope of the urban setting in GTA4. The control scheme is virtual the same as GTA4, but it controls better. Get it. Use the amazon credit and buy Alan Wake with it. This is what I'm waiting on...give me my 20 dollar credit amazon so I can buy alan wake for $29.99 and get another 10 dollar credit!

You also get two golden gun codes getting it from amazon. I had one in the box, and then amazon emailed me another code this morning.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Mrbob said:
I'll be playing Red Dead next week. Just need people to play online with. :D

Calling it GTA4 in a western setting is a bit of a disservice. They are both open world, but the vastness of the early 1900s western setting in RDR makes it feel like it dwarfs the scope of the urban setting in GTA4. The control scheme is virtual the same as GTA4, but it controls better. Get it. Use the amazon credit and buy Alan Wake with it. This is what I'm waiting on...give me my 20 dollar credit amazon so I can buy alan wake for $29.99 and get another 10 dollar credit!

You also get two golden gun codes getting it from amazon. I had one in the box, and then amazon emailed me another code this morning.
Been wanting Alan Wake but I am a huge pussy with horror games. :lol :(

I may get Mass Effect 2 with that $20. Gotta be careful tho, don't want to buy a game I won't play or won't get to for a while.

Nightz

Tried some multi-player RDR last night with a buddy and had a blast. Grab the bag is fun and just exploring the world is pretty cool too. Did any of your experience a glitch where your character turns invisible? We thought that we had magically activated a first person mode, but we were both invisible since our icons still showed up above our heads.

LiveWire

Yea apparently lots of glitches and bugs in Free Roam right now. Hopefully a patch will be out in the next week. Multiplayer game types work fine though. I'll be starting a multi game tonight, if I see any of you online expect to see a group invite from me.

Mrbob

LiveWire said:
Yea apparently lots of glitches and bugs in Free Roam right now. Hopefully a patch will be out in the next week. Multiplayer game types work fine though. I'll be starting a multi game tonight, if I see any of you online expect to see a group invite from me.

Right on. We could play our Madden game tonight but I'd rather play Red Dead instead. :lol

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
DMczaf said:
Nevermind, can't advance. 1 game left, MWS vs CPU Cardinals

-_-

hwuwuf.gif

CB3

ph33nix said:
:lol :lol

Mario Galaxy 2 by myself > Red Dead Redemption with you guys

Im sure your right. Whats the fun in getting your ass kicked in red dead redemption like you do in every other game. Atleast on the wii your safe since there are only like 3 games with online play.

DMczaf

MWS Natural said:
Have been trying to get a human opponent; I will play the cpu when I get home from work.

Ok.

For everyone who has a game against a CPU-owned team in the future, just play the cpu team as quickly as possible.

We need to speed this up before NCAA 11 comes out!

CB3 said:
Im sure your right. Whats the fun in getting your ass kicked in red dead redemption like you do in every other game. Atleast on the wii your safe since there are only like 3 games with online play.

ok, John.

daw840

DMczaf said:
Ok.

For everyone who has a game against a CPU-owned team in the future, just play the cpu team as quickly as possible.

We need to speed this up before NCAA 11 comes out!

I will need every win I can get if I am to actually have any sort of a chance at making the playoffs with the Vikings

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
MWS Natural said:
Have been trying to get a human opponent; I will play the cpu when I get home from work.
Let me guess, you get home a midnight eastern. :|

Daw: When do you want to have Santana Moss tap dance all over my efense? (D left out on purpose, there is none here!)

daw840

Wellington said:

Daw: When do you want to have Santana Moss tap dance all over my efense? (D left out on purpose, there is none here!)
Hmm, it's going to have to be tonight. I am going out of town tomorrow until Sunday. When are we going to be advanced?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
daw840 said:
Hmm, it's going to have to be tonight. I am going out of town tomorrow until Sunday. When are we going to be advanced?

How late will you be up? I have a deadline tomorrow and am here messing around on GAF. :|

I should be home 'round 9:30-10 PM Eastern if you want to go at that time.

Wellington said:

I get home by 6PM EST if there is still a chance to play an actual person. I'd rather not have ridiculously inflated stats playing vs the CPU.

TheCrow

Wellington said:
I'm about to order RDR, but what is the better deal to go with, Buy.com's $15 off or Amazon's $20 towards videogames? I buy shit off of Amazon all the time, but never videogames. If I go with free Amazon shipping, it won't get here until next week, and by then you guys likely won't even be playing the game anymore. How is buy.com shipping?

Also I could get a $25 card from TRU, but that's also towards R-Zone purchases and expires within a month.

Decisions. :|

Edit: Eh, TRU deal expired yesterday.
Is the Amazon's $20 credit still available, I'm not seeing it. Damn giantbomb quick look convinced me to buy it.

daw840

Wellington said:
How late will you be up? I have a deadline tomorrow and am here messing around on GAF. :|

I should be home 'round 9:30-10 PM Eastern if you want to go at that time.

That should work I think.....we'll see though. Have to run it by my wife.

Mrbob

TheCrow said:
Is the Amazon's $20 credit still available, I'm not seeing it. Damn giantbomb quick look convinced me to buy it.

It was a preorder bonus. Looks like it has been pulled.

You can get the game for $53.99 now, but no credit.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
daw840 said:
That should work I think.....we'll see though. Have to run it by my wife.
I have dinner plans at 8:30, and it shouldn't take too long to get back. I should be up until around midnight tonight anyway.

Nightz

Mrbob said:

Have you gotten your $20 credit for pre-ordering yet? Usually Amazon sends the e-mail the same day they ship, but I haven't received anything yet.

TheCrow

Mrbob said:

That's what I was afraid of. Looks like I'll just wait a week or two until its around $40 for a used copy. eh I still have Yakuza 2 to finish up so that will keep me busy until then.

Mrbob

Nightz said:
Have you gotten your $20 credit for pre-ordering yet? Usually Amazon sends the e-mail the same day they ship, but I haven't received anything yet.

Not yet. :/ I normally have mine right away too. Perhaps they have a lot of orders to wade through with this one?

I just want to get it soon so I can nab Alan Wake for $29.99 w/ another 10 dollar credit.

CB3

Starting week 3, if your the last game and its against the computer you shit is getting simmed.

TheCrow

Rorschach said:
There were two offers for playing that game. I don't think you replied to either one. :\
He sent me an IM last night about the game but I received it on my phone this morning. I would have preferred a msg through xbox live though. :/

Rorschach

TheCrow said:
He sent me an IM last night about the game but I received it on my phone this morning. I would have preferred a msg through xbox live though. :/
Oh, then this is all your fault! ;) Oh well, lesson learned!

Mrbob

LiveWire said:
Bob, let's try to get our game in if the league advances tonight.

Bu bu bu bu Red Dead. :(

Remind me to change my playbook before we start. :lol I don't want to play another game with the terrible west coast playbook!

Somnia

TheCrow said:
:(

So, Somnia you want to get our game in tonight? Assuming you can pry yourself apart from red dead.

As long as its not too late ya, I'll be on AIM. I have to get up at 5AM tomorrow.

Smokey

ph33nix said:
ok, John.

:lol

RDR is good mayne. Haven't tried MP yet, but the map world in SP is hugeeeee. Takes forever to get from one place to another but there's plenty to do along the way (hunt, rob people, help out NPCs).

I was roaming around and this witch and her goons tried to rob me. I took them out and she started running. I decided not to kill her there and instead lasso'd her, pulled up the map and saw where the train was. Decided to beat the train to a location, laid the woman down on train tracks and waited. 2 minutes later my efforts were rewarded.

Got an achievement off doing that too. Right now I got like $900 and a bounty of $125 after killing this guy because he kept bothering me for help.

Feels good mayne.

Nightz

Smokey said:
I was roaming around and this witch and her goons tried to rob me. I took them out and she started running. I decided not to kill her there and instead lasso'd her, pulled up the map and saw where the train was. Decided to beat the train to a location, laid the woman down on train tracks and waited. 2 minutes later my efforts were rewarded.
:lol

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Excellent. Even if MP fizzles out the SP sounds like it will be epic. I actually liked GTA4 quite a lot, and as long as I don't have to go on friend dates, RDR seems right up my alley.

LiveWire

If only Rockstar had gone the Demon's Souls route and allowed us to jump into friends' single player games. That would be epic. :lol

Top Bottom