• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
H2yXB.jpg

Hopefully new kicking meter is decent. :rolleyes

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
CB3 said:
nail 58 yard FG's like they nothin

You got one of them BS Field Goal Kickers. Only real life version of those is Rumskoski. I still leave Blahkowski in to FG kick it, barely hitting 45 yarders.

goldlion is the FG kicking at ford field always as awful as it was when i played as the bears? seriously, i was like 8 yards short on a 52 yarder and i felt like i got the full meter. then you missed a FG short too. not sure if it was the turf or what!

p.s. bigat when can you play!

daw840 said:
Gold, let me know when you want your comeuppance

umm, i can play now or tomorrow after 2 EST-ish

FrenchMovieTheme said:
goldlion is the FG kicking at ford field always as awful as it was when i played as the bears? seriously, i was like 8 yards short on a 52 yarder and i felt like i got the full meter. then you missed a FG short too. not sure if it was the turf or what!

yea, i consistently miss FG online and off at ford field. IDK what it is, only chip shots there. I don't know so much about real life ford field though. We are to busy giving up TDs to find out

bluemax

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
that's going to be a problem :(

i was complete garbage until english came into my life! i can only hope i can get english back in madden '11 (somehow!) or that defense is better next season (i have the best lb and a 90 DT!) otherwise i'm going to get destroyed. people who haven't used english don't realize how good he is. his stats might be a couple points below manning or whoever is at the top, but his release is so quick and his accuracy is so good. couple that with 2 90's wr's, a fast te, and 2 good RB's and its almost not fair!

but that's all going away in madden 11!

Time to get reacquainted!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ08_gQEQ_M

daw840

goldlion054 said:
umm, i can play now or tomorrow after 2 EST-ish

yea, i consistently miss FG online and off at ford field. IDK what it is, only chip shots there. I don't know so much about real life ford field though. We are to busy giving up TDs to find out

Tomorrow night will probably work best

Striker

I know a certain somebody who won't be happy with the Osi rating ;)

But it's bound to happen if they play poorly on defense. Still have Tuck at 92 and I'm thinking Kiwanuka is around 81-82 himself. Plus JPP, rookies are always overrated. The DT's will be lowish I bet. Probably all be in the 70's with a small possibility of Canty hitting 80.

Oh, I saw Shaun Rogers is a 93.
lvEyC.gif

FFS: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/971421.page

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Striker said:
I know a certain somebody who won't be happy with the Osi rating ;)

But it's bound to happen if they play poorly on defense. Still have Tuck at 92 and I'm thinking Kiwanuka is around 81-82 himself. Plus JPP, rookies are always overrated. The DT's will be lowish I bet. Probably all be in the 70's with a small possibility of Canty hitting 80.

Oh, I saw Shaun Rogers is a 93.
lvEyC.gif

FFS: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/971421.page
Not me, Osi could be rated 99 and I would still trade him. I think he's a huge asshole, so I want him off my team. I'm thinking of rolling with Kiwi - JPP - Joseph - Tuck for season 1, then probably drafting a DT in the first round. There is *no way* Canty is an 80 to start next season and I'd get more franchise bang for my buck by starting the two rooks right away. To that end I'll probably roll with Phil Dill in the middle too. Sintim - Dill - Boley.

All of this is if I even win the Giants from you and AT in 11.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Oh and as far as advancing I don't mind getting simmed but I think that if a game has playoff implications it should not be simmed.

The guys still playing for the playoffs or positioning:

Bird
Crow
Rors
Smokey
-------------
CB
Me
DM
DCX
Daw
Goldlion

We know Lone and Nightz have their spots locked up, FMT and AT have theirs.

I'd be careful about simming those games since they have implications, only problem is that there are at least 2 guys on that list that prob don't care about the league anymore and aren't really looking to get their games in ASAP.

NFC wildcard picture is retarded. Had I won last night I'd have been a shoe-in for the playoffs. Now I will probably not make it due to MTC again, my last three games are Crow, Smokey, FMT. :|

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Oh awesome, I'm the only one in the NFC playoff race that has the last three games as humans, everyone else has 3 of the last four teams as AI. :|

Nightz

Wellington said:
We know Lone and Nightz have their spots locked up, FMT and AT have theirs.
That being said, I think the rest of my games are against the CPU, so if I haven't played my game by the time the last human vs. human games finishes, I'm fine with it being simmed.

Definitely ready to trade the game in once I make my first round playoff exit.

DCX

DCX
I might slip into the playoffs. Depends on my game against q. His is due to beat me..justice is coming for me :(

DCX

Striker

Wellington said:
Not me, Osi could be rated 99 and I would still trade him. I think he's a huge asshole, so I want him off my team. I'm thinking of rolling with Kiwi - JPP - Joseph - Tuck for season 1, then probably drafting a DT in the first round. There is *no way* Canty is an 80 to start next season and I'd get more franchise bang for my buck by starting the two rooks right away. To that end I'll probably roll with Phil Dill in the middle too. Sintim - Dill - Boley.

All of this is if I even win the Giants from you and AT in 11.
If you controlled NYG, we could do a D'Qwell for Osi swap, given their ratings will be similar. Damn Holmgren traded away the best OLB the Browns had to Rors. :(

Lonestar

I would like it if that, after the Super Bowl, the commish would advance to the offseason, as I'd like to see how the ratings would be for my guy's, come the not-played Season 6.

DCX

DCX
Lonestar said:
I would like it if that, after the Super Bowl, the commish would advance to the offseason, as I'd like to see how the ratings would be for my guy's, come the not-played Season 6.
This.plus I'd like to ee what draft class we get.

DCX

piece of crap! bigat and i were late in the 3rd quarter. i had a 3 point lead but he was at my 25 or so, then my game freezes on a 3rd and 10. i have this shit installed and playing on a new 250gb 360! wtf!

BigAT

FrenchMovieTheme said:
piece of crap! bigat and i were late in the 3rd quarter. i had a 3 point lead but he was at my 25 or so, then my game freezes on a 3rd and 10. i have this shit installed and playing on a new 250gb 360! wtf!
Don't believe him. He pulled the plug after I knocked out Gore for the season.

BigAT said:
Don't believe him. He pulled the plug after I knocked out Gore for the season.

:lol

i don't know how i was winning that game. 2 horrible picks i threw and i wasn't insync on offense. i guess the 2 TD returns on D and special teams!

poor frank, can't fucking stay healthy. maybe i should keep him out with your thugs on the loose. hurt him once, i put him back in, hurt him again out for the season all on the same drive :(

Lonestar

DCX said:
This.plus I'd like to ee what draft class we get.

DCX

I know I'm going to miss not only Bellows, but I'm going to miss Andre Crusoe. He's so much better than Barclay, and he's probably better than 85% of the other WR's. Crazy good. Catches everything, has insane agility and football move, is speedy, and is a large body WR. He's like a fake version of Andre Johnson, just not quite as fast.

There's a couple more weeks to go, but I find it an interesting race, to determine who "won" in the Mayo trade: Wellie or myself.

He got Mayo (Rated 95 OVR: 12 games 50 Tackles, 8 Tackles for Loss, 1 Sack, 3 INT's, 3 Pass Deflections, 1 Forced Fumble)

I got De'Anthony Williams (Rated 84 OVR: 13 Games, 46 Tackles, 10 Tackles for Loss, 2 Sacks, 5 INT's, 7 Pass Deflections, 2 Forced Fumbles, 1 Fumble Recovery, and a Safety)

Throw on Dirone Weatherspoon, as the trade was Mayo for Williams and a #1 round pick: (80 OVR: 13 games, 27 Tackles, 3 Tackles for Loss, 2 Sacks, 2 INT's, 2 Pass Deflections, 1 Fumble Recovery)

On the flip side, Weatherspoon replaced Lee Carter, who picked me off when I played Bird's Jaguars. (Rated 74 OVR: 10 games, 33 Tackles, 2 Tackles for Loss, 1 Sack, 3 INT's, 3 Pass Deflections, 1 Forced Fumble)

But I used the pick from Bird, to grab the 55 rated Wonder, Terrance Anderson (13 games, 55 OVR: 29 Tackles, 4 Tackles for Loss, 1 INT, 1 Pass Deflection). Not as much, because he's my 4th LB.

Gary Feazell is my 3rd LB, and he's more of my pass rushing LB (75 OVR: 24 Tackles, 6 Tackles for Loss, 4 Sacks, 1 Pass Deflection)

DCX

DCX
Lonestar said:
I know I'm going to miss not only Bellows, but I'm going to miss Andre Crusoe. He's so much better than Barclay, and he's probably better than 85% of the other WR's. Crazy good. Catches everything, has insane agility and football move, is speedy, and is a large body WR. He's like a fake version of Andre Johnson, just not quite as fast.
Barclay would have thrived in atlanta but I'm happy with bess even though he is having a down year. He just isn't getting the yac like he was last season. I moved douglas to #2 and has produced. I'm wondering how my D will hold up for the playoffs.

DCX

Lonestar

DCX said:
Barclay would have thrived in atlanta but I'm happy with bess even though he is having a down year. He just isn't getting the yac like he was last season. I moved douglas to #2 and has produced. I'm wondering how my D will hold up for the playoffs.

DCX

Perhaps, though he does have the knack of not holding onto a pass in critical situations. Dropped a sure Go ahead TD against Bird, but clinched the game on a 1st down reception that allowed me to kneel out the clock and end the game.

Bellows:
96 SPD
99 AGI
99 ACC
99 ELU
99 CTH
99 SPC

Barclay:
90 SPD
98 AGI
95 ACC
96 ELU
85 CTH
93 SPC

Crusoe:
94 SPD
99 AGI
99 ACC
91 ELU
81 CTH
72 SPC

By all means, Barclay should "catch" better, but through actual gameplay, doesn't feel like it. Also, throw on Crusoe's 99 Spin and Juke ratings ;P

I'd nominate Matt Cassell and DeAnthony Williams as Comeback players of the (Everyone-Quit)year :p

Cassell Season 4: 16 games 317 for 553 57% 4183 Yards 33 TDs 48 INT's 65.08 Rating
Cassell Season 5: 13 games 202 for 284 71% 3091 Yards 27 TDs 7 INT's 128.14 Rating

Williams Season 4: 9 games 13 Tackles 1 Sack
Williams Season 5: What I wrote below, it's alot more :p

Nightz

BigAT said:
I think at this point I'm actually hoping it doesn't release early. I could use a break after this season finishes (if that actually ever happens). Plus, wouldn't we have to wait a while to start the franchise anyway if we wanted to use reasonably accurate rosters?
I wouldn't mind an early NCAA release, but I hope Madden doesn't release on the 27th. StarCraft 2 comes out that day.

Ramirez

Madden shouldn't come out til Late August, July is way too early. Although if it does come out early, I can see the NCAA interest quickly nosediving. :lol

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
BigAT said:
I think at this point I'm actually hoping it doesn't release early. I could use a break after this season finishes (if that actually ever happens). Plus, wouldn't we have to wait a while to start the franchise anyway if we wanted to use reasonably accurate rosters?
That would be reasonable but it didn't happen last year and won't happen this one. Can't wait to have 5-6 guys that aren't in the NFL on my roster again!

BigAT

HTC Incredible users:

Have any advice on what I should be picking up in the way of accessories? Do any screen protectors come with the phone?

BigAT said:

Agreed, i would love a lions roster that isn't complete hell, like it will be if we start early, just a roster that is kind of hell. There would be no way i would do well on my exams either if the game came out early.

Daw, I'm good when you are. I should be reasonably around

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
BigAT said:
HTC Incredible users:

Have any advice on what I should be picking up in the way of accessories? Do any screen protectors come with the phone?
You gotta buy a screen protector

daw840

goldlion054 said:
Agreed, i would love a lions roster that isn't complete hell, like it will be if we start early, just a roster that is kind of hell. There would be no way i would do well on my exams either if the game came out early.

Daw, I'm good when you are. I should be reasonably around

I should be home around 7:15pm CST. Would like to kick off as close to then as possible. My work schedule for tomorrow changed and now I am going to have to go to bed early tonight. :(

gg bigat! had a bad game with english again. i'm not sure why i even bother mixing in out patterns into my offense. 75% of the time it's picked, 15% of the time its knocked down, and 10% of the time it's completed. on the last pick i threw the slot guy was running an out and is basically still getting bumped 10 yards down the field.... i figure EVENTUALLY he's going to break out and i could lead him to the sideline but no, he just gets bitched and doesn't move.

then i couldn't stop much myself. sometimes i would have an easy knock down there and i would accidentally push a wrong button or i would push the right button with no effect :(

see you again in the playoffs bruh!

daw840

goldlion054 said:
DAW!!!!! where are you hiding? you can't avoid this beatdown of destiny

Damn! I got stuck at a light that's usually green on the way home! 3 minutes and I am already getting yelled at!

Top Bottom