• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official madden '11 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Interest Thread

bluemax

Banned
GG Ramirez, I think thats the first time Ive beaten you in 3 years if ever. Im guessing you were pretty tired though given what time it is where you are.

I won in a manner that I don't think wouldve been possible in real life:

Branch catches a deep out post and breaks away down the field. The Stealers defenders catch up to him and instead of running out of bounds (I was out of time outs and there were 19 seconds or so to go) I keep going and get tackled in bounds. Instead of pressing a button to hurry up I let it go to the play call screen (11 seconds to go) and call a FG. I managed to kick the FG with about 2 seconds left on the clock.

I really dont know if in real life a team couldve got down the field and got the FG unit on in like 8 seconds with the clock running. I guess it was atonement for shanking the earlier FG that wouldve won it.

Also the kicking meter seemed almost as lag free as in offline against Ram, so hooray for that!

Also this punt return was awesome:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/29858212

Ramirez

bluemax said:
GG Ramirez, I think thats the first time Ive beaten you in 3 years if ever. Im guessing you were pretty tired though given what time it is where you are.

I won in a manner that I don't think wouldve been possible in real life:

Branch catches a deep out post and breaks away down the field. The Stealers defenders catch up to him and instead of running out of bounds (I was out of time outs and there were 19 seconds or so to go) I keep going and get tackled in bounds. Instead of pressing a button to hurry up I let it go to the play call screen (11 seconds to go) and call a FG. I managed to kick the FG with about 2 seconds left on the clock.

I really dont know if in real life a team couldve got down the field and got the FG unit on in like 8 seconds with the clock running. I guess it was atonement for shanking the earlier FG that wouldve won it.

Also the kicking meter seemed almost as lag free as in offline against Ram, so hooray for that!

Also this punt return was awesome:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/29858212

Yea, it was a gg, I am tired, but no excuses, it was a pretty good defensive battle for the most part. I couldn't get my passing game going at all until that last drive. I'm still having trouble when I switch guys and totally take them out of the play, that's what happened on that last play. You bring up a good point about them probably not being able to set up for a FG in 11 seconds, I was secretly hoping you would hit the hurry up button out of panic. :lol

My line just absolutely did not block on a few passing plays, 2 were like instant sacks/pressure, first time I've had trouble with getting decent protection.

Ramirez

Miguel said:
Did you play Ghost Me? :lol

I've been playing 3v3. wtf

wtf, I invited you to a game and someone joined as the Patriots, and we had a legit game, so I know it wasn't a random...:lol You are Gusgasm right? I thought it was odd that as soon as I backed out you were already in another game...

Who the heck did I play? :lol

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Played a couple of ranked games as the Texans yesterday as the Texans. First game was against the Vikings. Lost 28-31 in a game that went down to the wire. I couldn't stop Favre to their TE. 2nd game was against the Titans. Total, total, total, total failure. Chris Johnson is Emmit Smith, Jim Brown and Steve Slaton all rolled into one. I am going to try more ranked games against randoms.

GOTTA GET THOSE TOKENS!!!!

3V3 is awesome. Can't add anymore that hasn't been said already. I look forward to some drunken Friday nights with that mode.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So I totally almost got the Jake Delhomme achievement with Jake Delhomme last night. Good lord that was one of the worst games I've ever played.

3 picks and only 40 yards passing.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I played two games last night and the lag was annoying at times. Lag will make kicking XPs a controller tossing affair. Hopefully it is just launch day voodoo.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DenogginizerOS said:
I played two games last night and the lag was annoying at times. Lag will make kicking XPs a controller tossing affair. Hopefully it is just launch day voodoo.

Yea I played against my brother last night and was not happy with the lag. Honestly I have less with NCAA as of now.

We both were missing extra points cause of it.

Mrbob

WTF missing extra points?

I don't like all this lag talk though. :( EA has had years to fine tune Madden online. This is the sixth madden game on 360, no excuse for day one massive lag.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Mrbob said:
WTF missing extra points?

I don't like all this lag talk though. :( EA has had years to fine tune Madden online. This is the sixth madden game on 360, no excuse for day one massive lag.

It's not even massive lag, shit I can't really describe it. If it's still happening today you will see for yourself.

Sanjuro

Matrix said:
It's not even massive lag, shit I can't really describe it. If it's still happening today you will see for yourself.
It was happening less towards the later of the night. It was just a weird slowdown feeling not as much lag, kinda like the old NES feel.

Mrbob

Interesting. Wonder if EA put in a buffer in kicking online to make it tougher to hit FGs? Mason Crosby ruins kicking for everyone! :lol

Sanjuro

Mrbob said:
Interesting. Wonder if EA put in a buffer in kicking online to make it tougher to hit FGs? Mason Crosby ruins kicking for everyone! :lol
I don't think so. I like this way better than the silly analog stick kicking, just need to get it down properly.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LiveWire said:
Yea I was calling defense. Had Wellington on lockdown for the most part. :D

I could see the route/run lane for Portis, but that's it.

I think microphones are a must for this mode so the captain can lay out the basic playcall to the two teammates each play.

Good job with McNabb, though I was wondering wtf you were thinking with that one pass? :lol back-to-back INTs
I wasn't the RB, however I screwed up a number of lead blocking assignments as the FB :lol

I had no lag in 3v3 but had a ton in the other two 1v1 games.

BigAT

GG eznark.

I missed my first extra point, mostly because I wasn't really paying as much attention as I should have been. Two 50+ field goals with Crosby to make up for it though.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
How about a 3v3 tournament? Would we have enough for 8 teams of people willing to do coop?

I would suggest that if we were to do it, guys that made it to an SB should captain teams and should not team up. I think there were only six people that made the SB anyway:

Smokey, AT, Crow, CB, Rors, FMT.

And before it gets filled while I'm at work or asleep, I'm in!

Miguel

Man, they should allow the WRs to control the fullback as well. I would probably work at being a damn good fullback if this were the case. Pancaking someone is hilarious and opening up a huge hole for someone is awesome.

LiveWire

Wellington said:
How about a 3v3 tournament? Would we have enough for 8 teams of people willing to do coop?

I would suggest that if we were to do it, guys that made it to an SB should captain teams and should not team up. I think there were only six people that made the SB anyway:

Smokey, AT, Crow, CB, Rors, FMT.

And before it gets filled while I'm at work or asleep, I'm in!

Works for me. So do we have a draft thread where those 6 or 8 or however many captains pick their teammates?

Player - Suggested Positions? (based on what I recall people playing the most/best)

Smokey - QB/DL
BigAT - RB/LB
Crow - QB/DB
CB - WR/DB
Rors - QB/DB
FMT - QB/LB
DM - RB/LB
Wellie - RB/DL
Live - RB/LB
Nightz - WR/DL
Striker - RB/DL
dskillz - WR/DB
Somnia - WR/DL
Bob - TE/LB
Denog - RB/DL
Birdman - QB/DB
Bluemax - QB/LB
Luke - QB/LB
Lone - WR/LB
goldlion - RB/DL

Birdman02

Miguel said:
Man, they should allow the WRs to control the fullback as well. I would probably work at being a damn good fullback if this were the case. Pancaking someone is hilarious and opening up a huge hole for someone is awesome.

I'm sure at least some formations have a sub-package with a TE at FB.

I'm in for the 3v3 tournament too!!

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I want to play a 3 v 3 game before I commit to the tournament, but I am definitely interested. Just don't make it go to the wee hours of the morning on a weeknight, mmmkay.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I'll hopefully will be picking it up today at lunch.

I have no preferences on a 3V3 team, at least on a permanent level. I just want the ability to team up with lots of different setups.

Lonestar

I wouldn't say WR for me. Not to say I won't get it, but I've never really messed with WR controls (from all the No Manual WR Control rules). How strict do you have to be with the predetermined routes? Can the WR just randomly attempt to find an open spot (in the zone) and have the QB get you the ball?

Nightz

LiveWire said:
Works for me. So do we have a draft thread where those 6 or 8 or however many captains pick their teammates?

Player - Suggested Positions? (based on what I recall people playing the most/best)

Nightz - WR/DL
I would think that RB is better for me, but I wouldn't mind playing a receiver or a tight end. Definitely don't want to be QB. And I suck at defense in general...is there a bench position on defense?

LiveWire

Lonestar said:
I wouldn't say WR for me. Not to say I won't get it, but I've never really messed with WR controls (from all the No Manual WR Control rules). How strict do you have to be with the predetermined routes? Can the WR just randomly attempt to find an open spot (in the zone) and have the QB get you the ball?

Yes, you can stray from the routes. Who knows to what degree it screws up the QBs accuracy.

I figured your love of Bellows and Welker would make you an ideal fit? But now I recall you had lots of success with Tebow. So should I put you down as TE instead?

Lonestar

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
I sucked at QB, probably WR or Running back for me.

Lonestar, which team you going to go with mang?

Are you going to wait until I actually get the game and try it out first?!?

Sanjuro

Lonestar said:
Are you going to wait until I actually get the game and try it out first?!?
You bet I'm not going to wait! I've been mainly playing with the Pats, one half game with the Bengals. Either way, you are going to be murdered by the defensive line. The O-Line crumbles on Brady and Palmer.

Lonestar

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
You bet I'm not going to wait! I've been mainly playing with the Pats, one half game with the Bengals. Either way, you are going to be murdered by the defensive line. The O-Line crumbles on Brady and Palmer.

I got used to that in Madden 10 :p I'd say on a yearly basis, I was in the top 5 in sacks given up. Just gotta get rid of the ball faster.

Season 1: 14th (23 sacks)
Season 2: 7th (33 sacks)
Season 3: 5th (37 sacks)
Season 4: 7th (34 sacks)
Season 5: 1st (52 sacks)

Sacks suck, but they beat throwing into bad plays. Sacks > Interceptions

Lonestar

LiveWire said:
Interceptions are really just punts if you ask me.

If they were long passes that were INT, sure. But you don't want slants/curls/Anything within 20 yards of the LOS, to be INT'd. That's more like having a blocked punt. Or Kicking lag :p

Striker

I'll probably get this tonight really late. Off two days after so if I don't go anywhere, though I've made plans, then I would love to play the 3v3 with you guys or some exhibitions.

LiveWire

CB3 said:
No one would know better than you

Thats_the_joke.jpg

eznark

Banned
BigAT said:
GG eznark.

I missed my first extra point, mostly because I wasn't really paying as much attention as I should have been. Two 50+ field goals with Crosby to make up for it though.
Only reason I declined that one penalty is because of your missed extra point! Was hoping lag would do you in.

Getting down early with the Dolphins is a disaster. Henne is inaccurate and lame, Brandon Marshall will sometimes catch the ball, if you're lucky.

I thought for sure he caught that bomb at the end of the half which is why I called a time out. The fuck happened there.

Oh well, good game. Mason Crosby needs a nerf (or needs to actually be that good in real life, I'd take that too.

Is there no Madden official thread in gaming?

eznark

Banned
eh, 3-1 so far with Henne so I think I'll stick with him for a bit. If anything I'm going Pat White! Broke a massive 85 yard TD run in wildcat vs. BigAT.

bryehn

Hey sorry for the general question, but figured this'd be the fastest place to get an answer.

How do I fair catch on PS3? Triangle never seems to do anything.

Rorschach

I thought FMT was going to do a 3v3 tournament, but he brought up the logistical nightmare of getting six people on at the same time. Maybe we could dedicate a night or two it where everyone knows in advance that they have to be here?

OR we could do 2v2. Maybe that's more feasible.

In any case, if you're going to have a 3v3 tournament, make a thread for it. I'd totally be in!
bryehn said:
Hey sorry for the general question, but figured this'd be the fastest place to get an answer.

How do I fair catch on PS3? Triangle never seems to do anything.
It is triangle, but you have to do it with time. You can't call it at the last second.

Ramirez said:
wtf, I invited you to a game and someone joined as the Patriots, and we had a legit game, so I know it wasn't a random...:lol You are Gusgasm right? I thought it was odd that as soon as I backed out you were already in another game...

Who the heck did I play? :lol
You have to set your game to private or else anyone searching for a game can go in.

Top Bottom