• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 13 X360 Thread of Crow and Ramirez Join the NFC West!

god fucking damn it

not mad at lj this is just annoying

sorry phee, doing my best to come up with a good time as quickly as possible and thought we would for sure be done wednesday/thursday at the latest and could power through. i just don't see how it's feasible to get through FA AND giving people time to scout in a day.

any ideas fellow league members!?

LJ11

Can't play tomorrow, long day and have an event later in the evening. Can probably do Thursday, no promises though.

bluemax

Banned
A week night draft would suck. I don't even get home until like 8:30 most nights. I'd have to draft from my bosses Xbox or something.

LJ11

I'm not the one who pushed round 1 into Tuesday night. If simming the game makes shit easier just do it. Honestly don't care, I like the draft more than playing.

I'm not the one who pushed round 1 into Tuesday night. If simming the game makes shit easier just do it. Honestly don't care, I like the draft more than playing.

No worries make the fuckers wait! Postseason is postseason, it's our fault we're not deciding things!

BigAT

I say come up with a tentative time to push things to if the playoffs run long, but keep it as is for now. No sense in rescheduling now when there's a possibility we could finish Thursday or Friday.

I say come up with a tentative time to push things to if the playoffs run long, but keep it as is for now. No sense in rescheduling now when there's a possibility we could finish Thursday or Friday.

well lets assume they play thursday (best case scenario), then lets assume both of the other games and the superbowl are done by friday night. our options would basically be to do all of free agency on saturday morning (like we did last time), and then people would just have saturday to do their scouting.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
well lets assume they play thursday (best case scenario), then lets assume both of the other games and the superbowl are done by friday night. our options would basically be to do all of free agency on saturday morning (like we did last time), and then people would just have saturday to do their scouting.
I can see a ton of people getting screwed over if you go through 5(?) Weeks of free agency and scouting in one day.

I can see a ton of people getting screwed over if you go through 5(?) Weeks of free agency and scouting in one day.

yeah, it'd just be cutting it too close on such short notice. maybe sunday NIGHT could work? otherwise i'm going to have to pick a weeknight and roll with it.... for better or worse!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
yeah, it'd just be cutting it too close on such short notice. maybe sunday NIGHT could work? otherwise i'm going to have to pick a weeknight and roll with it.... for better or worse!

There were only like 7 for night on that last vote. Plus another 5-6 on the either vote.

Monday night draft here we come! The only one who gets screwed in that is DM! WWE takes up all his holes.

Ramirez

if LJ can't play until thursday or friday there is just no way we can draft on sunday morning. if they do it on friday, then we have to play the conference title games and who knows when everyone can play on those days, then after that the superbowl and who knows when those 2 people can make it.

looks like we'll have to aim for a week night

Hell yea!

rinse82

Why don't we just actually take our time with FA and scouting and have the draft next Sunday?

Yeah, may as well delay the draft to next weekend and have FA/Scouting over the course of the week.

What difference is having a draft on Monday/Tuesday night going to make? People still won't have much time to do FA or Scouting.

BigAT

Can you release a player in the middle of free agency? I know they seem to let you do as little as possible, but I can't remember whether or not you could do that.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Can you release a player in the middle of free agency? I know they seem to let you do as little as possible, but I can't remember whether or not you could do that.

Trying another release and sign with manning? Pretty sure you can.

I'm with ez on waiting til sunday. A 2 to 3 hour draft on a weeknight started at a time good enough for west coasters would be pretty late. Those g going ape shit are going to go ape shit mo matter what.

DCX

DCX
The fuck is this? Sunday morning is way easier than a weeknight.
Not when the kids are sleeping. Sunday morning its a zoo and the wanting attention and shit lol.

I would make it happen but I rather at night. Sunday night we be ace but then Walking Dead./bob

DCX

levious

What? You're crazy man. That ban must have really scrambled your brains.

You nuts.

The key is to wait until the final week of free agency when everyone's money is tied up with pending offers. Also make sure you own the qb contract package so that he still has medium interest in signing with you. Actually might want to buy qb free agent package.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Trying another release and sign with manning? Pretty sure you can.
Exactly what I thought. And in the middle of free agency so that the big money is committed and most won't even notice a big name out there since it's after the first 'week' of FA. Further, if you do it during FA you can get a multi-year deal instead of the typical single year deal. Very clever. I may have to do this with Chris Long and Sam Bradford.

BigAT

I hadn't considered doing it in the middle of free agency or the people having money tied up aspect. You two are the devious ones! My only reason for waiting was so that the year could tick over and the penalty cap hit would be less.

levious

Yeah someone could look up your team salary page in game and see how many years remaining rodgers has.

Top Bottom