• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 13 X360 Thread of Crow and Ramirez Join the NFC West!

Mrbob

Oh jeez, ESPN riding Te'o hard again. Mel Kiper has him at number one on his inside linebacker list now. Pleaaaaaaaaaase. I'd take Ogletree first.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Oh jeez, ESPN riding Te'o hard again. Mel Kiper has him at number one on his inside linebacker list now. Pleaaaaaaaaaase. I'd take Ogletree first.
I saw that. Ridiculous. Whatever team dumb enough to take him that high deserves him.

Who the fuck is Tom Chick and why do you nerds put so much stock into what he says?

No one actually gives a shit about him but Ez. He's no better or worse than any of the other reviewers out there. He has opinions just like everyone else but most of the time he just talks shit about popular games to get a rise out of people

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
No one actually gives a shit about him but Ez. He's no better or worse than any of the other reviewers out there. He has opinions just like everyone else but most of the time he just talks shit about popular games to get a rise out of people

Sounds like Skip Bayless!

bluemax

Banned
Who the fuck is Tom Chick and why do you nerds put so much stock into what he says?

He kicked my friends out of his virtual living room.

The funny part is his review text for Bioshock Infinite isn't even that negative. But because he brought the Metacritic down people are mad.

bluemax

Banned
"Only the Bills came to play in their Rivalry game with the Jets."

Trololololol.

My copy of Luigi's Mansion didn't come today. Stupid Newegg.

Mrbob

The sky rail is like the best thing ever in a game. So much fun using them. Elizabeth has to be the best AI support character I've seen since Alyx in Half Life 2. I love the world of Columbia much more than I ever did Rapture.

Edit: That BF4 trailer looked like it was presented by Michael Bay. Impressive graphics, though. Time to upgrade to new systems if you are a console player. No way that fidelity can be done on PS3 or 360.

rinse82

How much is it going to set me back to build a decent gaming rig?

Not looking for something to max out everything, maybe mid-tier?

BigAT

How much is it going to set me back to build a decent gaming rig?

Not looking for something to max out everything, maybe mid-tier?

Probably anywhere between like $600-$1000. If you get serious, check out the I need a new PC thread. They have a lot of builds listed for various price ranges.

eznark

Banned
As long as you get a 1080p monitor you can get fantastic performance out of a $750-ish machine. Once you try to get to higher resolutions though that thing is going to chug. So I guess...what do you care about?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
If you get a mid-tier you're just going to have buyer's remorse and wish you went for broke.

I don't think I agree with this. IMO you can go with a mid-tier processor as long as it's the latest 'family' of processors, same for graphics card. You can always leave yourself space for more RAM as well. You can spend mid-tier money and have the system last you 3 years playing top tier games no problem.

Yeah let me qualify that with what Ez said... you can play at 1280 or whatever, but you're going to crap out at higher resolutions/effects.

Personally I don't care all that much for the effects, I just want to play at a steady framerate.

DCX

DCX
I don't think I agree with this. IMO you can go with a mid-tier processor as long as it's the latest 'family' of processors, same for graphics card. You can always leave yourself space for more RAM as well. You can spend mid-tier money and have the system last you 3 years playing top tier games no problem.

Yeah let me qualify that with what Ez said... you can play at 1280 or whatever, but you're going to crap out at higher resolutions/effects.

Personally I don't care all that much for the effects, I just want to play at a steady framerate.
This. I have a mid range and I can play Tomb Raider just fine at ultra with a 40-60 fps.

DCX

eznark

Banned
Yeah I have a nice 27" 1080p panel and I have never really had a desire to go to a higher resolution. It's great to just know that I can crank everything to ultra two years after building the thing and still get amazing performance. Crysis 3 beta is the first thing that made it chug a bit.

I'll be building something new for BF4 probably.

DCX

DCX
Leave it to Fmt to make an advance time in the morning on a workday fuck off with that
He doesn't pick a random time. Its just the time that it advances and he goes from there.

You should have asked last night or idk looked at the advance info FMT posts every time we advance!

DCX

Smokey

If there was a legit reason I'm always willing. You always waiting until the last minute for the fuck of it isn't a valid reason

Did you not see shake say he may not be able to play yesterday? Then he said he couldn't in a PM, but could today. People have shit to do during the week. How you think it's fair to advance in the morning on a Wednesday is the same as a morning on a weekend is dumb shit. I could be like DM and make dudes constantly play the CPU but I've been sitting here since launch regardless of when I play I do play. But because I'm not out of town or on a mission it's lolol read the thread. BS

I don't think FMT has ever held it up just because someone was being a prima donna on the rag.

Says the guy who was whining about punishments and trying to be God in this league when they just joined a few iterations ago.

Top Bottom