• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 13 X360 Thread of Crow and Ramirez Join the NFC West!

eznark

Banned
I'm in
Finktown, just talked to Fink's boy who gave me some salts and shit
am I halfway done yet? Please tell me I am halfway done.

If I am not more than halfway done, this game is way too long.

BigAT, stay the fuck away from Sean Frazier!! Rutgers doesn't even have a fucking hockey program.

eznark

Banned
You're about half done, yea

Thanks. I am liking it for the most part but there are a ton of small things that just seem so outdated. Can't interact with NPC's, the people of Columbia seem to give no fucks about what's going on around them (who cares that that important building is blowing up, I'm doing calisthenics on the beach here!!) there is no indicator of what is shooting you, Elizabeth is an annoying twat outside of the story scenes.

I think that encompasses my complaints. The story and the crow power are pulling me through.

bluemax

Banned
My parents put my dog down while I was in college. I had wanted to go home and see him one last time before they did but I was taking my hardest class an had a project that was due after spring break and my asshole partner went to Cancun. I cried a lot after my parents called and told me.

The dog was a rescue though and I'd had him since middle school. So it was comforting to think about how I'd helped that dog have a long and happy life.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
My gfs yorkie is 16 years old. The poor guy is going through seizures, and can barely see or hear. She was highly upset last night at the talk of putting him down but it's worse than keeping him alive and suffering. :(

eznark

Banned
My gfs yorkie is 16 years old. The poor guy is going through seizures, and can barely see or hear. She was highly upset last night at the talk of putting him down but it's worse than keeping him alive and suffering. :(

Putting him down is worse than keeping him alive and suffering? You're a monster. When the time comes you just have to know it's for the best and pull the trigger.

Sanjuro

Had to put down both of my family dogs in the last two years, last one a couple days before this New Years. Labrador and Akita. Both were ready to die.

BigAT

Yeah, that was the only tiny thing that made it easier when we had to put my dog down. He was in real, significant pain and it was unbearable to watch him go through it, so there was really no other option. Shit still sucks though.

I went through that experience about 3 years ago right before I started grad school in NY. It really blows and I can't imagine what it's like to actually be there.

bluemax

Banned
Worst experience I had was a few years ago my gf at the time and I got a puppy from a breeder who ended up with an advanced case of a rare genetic disorder.

Putting down a puppy is unfathomably soul crushing.

I have a five year old German shepherd and just had a son. It breaks my heart to know when my son is about 10 years old, the dog he's known his whole life will die. It's going to destroy me too but I can't imagine how it would affect a child.

Birdman02

All of this dog talk is really getting me down. My dog is 13 yrs old, and he is starting to have some old age issues. I know his time is probably coming soon. :(

That said, when can you play, Sanjuro? Is has to be today/tonight because I am going out of town Tuesday night and won't be back until Friday afternoon.

Sanjuro

All of this dog talk is really getting me down. My dog is 13 yrs old, and he is starting to have some old age issues. I know his time is probably coming soon. :(

That said, when can you play, Sanjuro? Is has to be today/tonight because I am going out of town Tuesday night and won't be back until Friday afternoon.

Baseball is gearing up. Possibly after the game or around 11EST.

Sanjuro

Does Daw still play his games? If so, can you go tomorrow Daw? Or after the basketball game tonight?

Was about to color myself surprised that you watch the Bucks...forgot about slaveball finals tonight.

Gotta support Celtic legend, Rick Pitino!

Was about to color myself surprised that you watch the Bucks...forgot about slaveball finals tonight.

Gotta support Celtic legend, Rick Pitino!

AW4912.jpg

That's the man tied to Pitino's legacy!

Sanjuro

AW4912.jpg

That's the man tied to Pitino's legacy!

Pierce as well. Antoine was a great player...until he got fat, stopped crashing the boards, and developed one of the worst shot selections I've ever seen. In his early days though he was fantastic to watch.

He also means as much to Miami as LeBron does at the moment!

Pierce as well. Antoine was a great player...until he got fat, stopped crashing the boards, and developed one of the worst shot selections I've ever seen. In his early days though he was fantastic to watch.

He also means as much to Miami as LeBron does at the moment!

Toine kept me on my tippy toes as much as LeBron does that's for sure

Trasher

Sorry to hear.

One of the toughest things I've ever had to do. I'm sorry Trasher

Thanks, guys. =/

My parents put my dog down while I was in college. I had wanted to go home and see him one last time before they did but I was taking my hardest class an had a project that was due after spring break and my asshole partner went to Cancun. I cried a lot after my parents called and told me.

The dog was a rescue though and I'd had him since middle school. So it was comforting to think about how I'd helped that dog have a long and happy life.

Oh jeeze, that's really rough.

The one we are about to put down was sort of a rescue for us as well. She had run away from her home (which was in a city like 40 miles away) and my mom had found her on some back trails that she would use for horse riding. Poor thing was limping so bad from being on the run for so long. She was exhausted. Anyways, I forget all the details, but we had figured out who her breeder was and ended up talking to them. Turned out she used to be used for breeding, and then was sold to a different family later on (the one she ran away from). I guess she wasn't treated very nicely at this home and she was scared off by the owner that abused her. The people who initially bred her and sold her told us that we could keep her since we were a much better alternative than the other family. My parents had gotten two other dogs since her, and she has always been a good momma dog to them. You can tell she's been bred a lot just by the way she defends our other dogs. She has those good protective mother instincts haha.

Over the past couple years she started going downhill. She has an issue with her spine that's made her go partially limp in her hindquarters (this past year we have had to carry her up and down the stairs because of it). And it's gotten a bit worse now. I think her painkillers aren't working as well anymore. My mom told me last night that she hasn't eaten in six days. They've tried feeding her everything. We've switched up her dog food brands so many times over the past year trying to find something she would like better, but this time she won't even eat human food either. I guess a couple weeks ago she was doing really really bad and my mom gave her some of a stew she had made, and all of a sudden it was like she snapped out of it. She was doing really awesome after that. Apparently that's a thing that happens with older dogs before they are getting ready to go. They rebound for a little while and all of a sudden everything is fine again, but a few days later they are back to where they were.

Oh well I guess. I'm gonna miss her a lot. I guess I just need to be happy that we gave her a really good life once we found her. Ugh, sorry for turning this into the Depression Thread.

Here's a picture of her and our other dog. She's the sheltie in the back. Not the greatest picture of her haha, but they really are beautiful dogs.

Damn that sucks trash. Putting an animal down is the worst. Marley & me is the saddest movie

Watching Marley & Me was one of the worst decisions in my life. :(

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Yeah, knowing that we were able to give my dog a great 13 year life is what helped me deal with putting her down. We absolutely did right by her.

Its a real shame that dogs have such a short life span and are relatively frail. Im 24 and have had to go through 4 dog deaths. Ive been wondering lately if its all worth it in the end.

LukeSmith

When my parents called me to tell me they had to put Cedar down - my dog from age 12-24, I was absolutely devastated. To this day, thinking about that dog still brings tears to my eyes.

My golden retriever Maple turns 3 in June and I already dread that her life is, in a great outcome 25% over.

I don't care much for people at all, but dogs are my weakness

CB3

Have any of you guys played the GBC version of Mario Golf? i just noticed it on the 3DS virtual console and ive heard alot of great things about it.

CB3

That was my favorite version of the game by far.

Its got RPG elements, right? Im usually hesitant to attempt old gameboy games i havent played because its a style that is tough to go back to, but i feel like golf might hold up decently.

BigAT

Its got RPG elements, right? Im usually hesitant to attempt old gameboy games i havent played because its a style that is tough to go back to, but i feel like golf might hold up decently.

Don't know about the GBC version, but the GBA version is made by Camelot and has RPG elements. It's an amazing game.

Sanjuro

It's an RPG where you play golf. Becomes hard as fuck towards the later portions of the game.

Top Bottom