• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: Wards? Where We're Going We Dont Need....Wards

DJ Bowser

I think I'll give this streaming thing a try at 10pm EST tonight Cardinals @ Bills
#1 Ranked D versus #5 ranked. Should be a slobberknocker to be sure.

So Wes Welker lost 30 confidence points because "I DIDNT KNOW THE PLAYBOOK"

Was that basically his rating going down because I changed the playbook mid season after taking over lol?

Did you cut and re-sign him?

If so, it's likely because your scheme doesn't match his style, so they lose an obscene amount of points for that. I changed my scheme during free agency to try and court Demariyus Thomas, only to have half my offense lose 30 confidence... and him end up on the Titans.

eznark

Banned
Anyone still playing hearthstone? It's turned into hyper-LoL where people just gg quit at turn 3 if the board isn't perfect. It's so awful.

BigAT

Anyone still playing hearthstone? It's turned into hyper-LoL where people just gg quit at turn 3 if the board isn't perfect. It's so awful.

Still knock out my daily quests, enjoying it for the most part. I think Blizzard is way too slow to react to what are clearly overpowered cards/combinations though. It took them an almost comical amount of time to nerf Undertaker.

TheCrow

Still knock out my daily quests, enjoying it for the most part. I think Blizzard is way too slow to react to what are clearly overpowered cards/combinations though. It took them an almost comical amount of time to nerf Undertaker.

That's pretty fast reaction time compared to WWE. It took them 23 years to nerf him.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I "like" House of Cards. The first season was really good, where the second was all sorts of a mess with Spacey still being a compelling leading character. I'm on the hook now, so curious how the next season goes.

I agree. It went so fucking all over the place that some of it didn't make much sense the first or a second time through. I like it and will definitely watch HoC season 3 though. I am not very fast with the ax on TV shows.

Heroes was god awful after say the quarter point of season 2. What a fucking mess, the show had so much potential. I want to say that the writer's strike screwed it but it was just so fucking bad.

Did you cut and re-sign him?

If so, it's likely because your scheme doesn't match his style, so they lose an obscene amount of points for that. I changed my scheme during free agency to try and court Demariyus Thomas, only to have half my offense lose 30 confidence... and him end up on the Titans.

He had to be cut and re-signed due to what Johnny Park did.

Sanjuro

I believe I liked part one of season three of Heroes? It was the one split up into two...I think. Anyways, I just remember thinking it was sort of back on track and then going NOPE real fast.

eznark

Banned
Nah, HoC went 1 season and 1 episode before going off the rails. The end of that first episode was the most memorable "TV" moment of last year.

I kind of watched them all at once until I stopped so maybe I got it mixed up. When did the subway scene happened? That's when I stopped.

brentech

I agree. It went so fucking all over the place that some of it didn't make much sense the first or a second time through. I like it and will definitely watch HoC season 3 though. I am not very fast with the ax on TV shows.

Heroes was god awful after say the quarter point of season 2. What a fucking mess, the show had so much potential. I want to say that the writer's strike screwed it but it was just so fucking bad.

All of this.
I have a hard time just jumping ship immediately, while I hope for some pay off.
Heroes got really disappointing. With the way season one ended, I can't say that I didn't see it coming, but I wasn't entirely sure where they would go from there, and apparently the writers had the same problem.

eznark

Banned
I think it was the very first episode of season two. Netflix couldn't pay her ass past that!

I was sort of able to suspend disbelief up to there. Even the other death was a wtf....fiiiiiiiiiine moment but that one? No. It became just super clear that the writers no longer understood the material that I was interested in. And that scene made me look back more critically at the rest of the show and realize it was a brain dead sociopath study masquerading as political drama.

Christ Alpha House does a more accurate portrayal of Washington. (Don't watch Alpha House).

(lol another forfeit as I was typing this)

DJ Bowser

GG Greg. Confidence is trash. The tank job continues!

Nah, HoC went 1 season and 1 episode before going off the rails. The end of that first episode was the most memorable "TV" moment of last year.

I thought that was a shark-jumping moment as well, but the season really was solid... perhaps mostly for Spacey being tremendous.

Greg

I intentionally fall down with WR on a wide open 80-yard TD to not run up the score

and you take a TO

4iElJ3q.png

GG

DJ Bowser

Only because I sold out to run on that obvious running situation and couldn't switch in time before you snapped it. I was angered!

Not as angered as I was by Andrew Luck missing every damn pass. Every third down throw was errant. Every bullet pass soared. 2 of the picks were inaccuracy. I miss confident Luck. I almost miss starting Ty Phelps.

McNei1y

So how hard is it to boost confidence back up again? If I just force like 10 catches welkers way in my next game, will he get a big boost back up?
Nope. It's actually worse if you do that. The confidence boosts rely heavily on winning and game prep. Even if Welker gets 10 catches he might get like 2 points. And then if he ends up dropping a few he might get a cool-7 in that area. It's really a shitty system. I'm already in confidence hell. 0s and 5s all around.

Greg

So how hard is it to boost confidence back up again? If I just force like 10 catches welkers way in my next game, will he get a big boost back up?
impossible unless you're winning - any individual efforts are negated (and then some) by team losses

I've been in a hole since season 1 and most of my team is <10 and I think all but my punter and some FAs that were high going into the season are even above 50

brentech

i stopped caring about it.
season one, I thought it was really important, but even at it's worst, it's not ending players ability, because all my WRs were at 1 confidence before the start of this season.
I just put together my own play book after a 3-4 games into this season with a more varied passing attack than the Browns own book and that's been more important than ever.

I'll probably adjust it further at some point. I should change my defensive play book probably.

GQman2121

Banned
Boosting confidence is super easy for some players.

I mean, just look at my third year punter after this weeks loss to the Browns.

I wish he could share whatever he's smoking with all my defenders that should have had a pick.....

Basically, this confidence shit is as broken as it can get, but what I really want to know is if more tattoos are going to make it into Madden 16. :|

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FUCK YEAH MY DESK IS HERE

What did you get? I am in the market for a new desk. I met with my tax avoidance consultant last night and he suggested I set up an office in the biggest room of my house for additional writeoffs.

You'll be happy to know that three quarters of my absurd tax return is going straight to my Vanguard account.

GG Greg. Confidence is trash. The tank job continues!

I thought that was a shark-jumping moment as well, but the season really was solid... perhaps mostly for Spacey being tremendous.

You know what really killed it for me was that insane three-some and that whole "bisexual episode". I call it that because they spent a whole fucking hour setting that up. But that was all just totally out of left field.

I bet someone who hasn't seen the show thinks I am making that up. Believe me, I wish I was. :(

Boosting confidence is super easy for some players.

I mean, just look at my third year punter after this weeks loss to the Browns.

I wish he could share whatever he's smoking with all my defenders that should have had a pick.....

Basically, this confidence shit is as broken as it can get, but what I really want to know is if more tattoos are going to make it into Madden 16. :|

More tattoos and new Nike '16 shoes! Plus all the xp areas will be sponsored. Operation sports wins again

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
i stopped caring about it.
season one, I thought it was really important, but even at it's worst, it's not ending players ability, because all my WRs were at 1 confidence before the start of this season.
I just put together my own play book after a 3-4 games into this season with a more varied passing attack than the Browns own book and that's been more important than ever.

I'll probably adjust it further at some point. I should change my defensive play book probably.

You had the number one offense for a while. I am going with a new playbook next season. What i am doing is not working anymore.

Greg

Only because I sold out to run on that obvious running situation and couldn't switch in time before you snapped it. I was angered!

Not as angered as I was by Andrew Luck missing every damn pass. Every third down throw was errant. Every bullet pass soared. 2 of the picks were inaccuracy. I miss confident Luck. I almost miss starting Ty Phelps.
Well I wasn't going to give you a free possession by running into that pile when you gave me that pre-snap look! There was only 2 minutes left - I was trying to be nice and stop the bleeding!

no more good guy Greg!

BigAT

I guess a big reason for the quick gg's is just that the low level new cards snowball out of control insanely fast.

You're not wrong. I certainly don't quit out, but I definitely do feel like I have a very strong sense which way the game is going to go after turn 3 or 4. The way decks can ramp up so quickly now, sometimes you're just done before you can do anything about it.

brentech

You had the number one offense for a while. I am going with a new playbook next season. What i am doing is not working anymore.

It's only because I have the worst defense. Get the ball a lot.
Generally only get stops from turnovers, which I do have a lot of this season, I hit 25 turnovers like 5 games ago.
Where in season one I had a top 5 D, and top 10 D in season two.

My offense vs defense has taken a complete 180 over the seasons.

DJ Bowser

You know what really killed it for me was that insane three-some and that whole "bisexual episode". I call it that because they spent a whole fucking hour setting that up. But that was all just totally out of left field.

I bet someone who hasn't seen the show thinks I am making that up. Believe me, I wish I was. :(
None of that bothered me, though the threesome seemed at least partially done as a shock- it also showed that the network of people they can interact with freely has diminished along with their freedom to live in ways that they had grown accustomed.

Or maybe Kevin Spacey found the actor attractive.

GQman2121

Banned
The biggest problem I had with season 2 of House of Cards is that they abandoned Claire's clean water initiative which was the central cause of so much drama in season 1. She cared enough about her NGO that she was willing to side with Remy and have Frank's watershed bill killed on the floor (she also fired a women for being pregnant) but then the entire organization is dumped without an explanation at all in season 2.

The second season was just a mess at certain points. It remained entertaining but the overall story was weak in retrospect.

eznark

Banned

It looks sort of goofy on my giant "executive" desk that I inherited when I took over but for me it's a sort of proof of concept. Assuming I like if for a few months I will give it to someone else in the office and get myself a full adjustable desk. For now this thing is dope!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Holy shit that is a nice desk Ez.

None of that bothered me, though the threesome seemed at least partially done as a shock- it also showed that the network of people they can interact with freely has diminished along with their freedom to live in ways that they had grown accustomed.

Or maybe Kevin Spacey found the actor attractive.

I thought they were trying super hard to push that Underwood is as far gone a sociopath as one can be. It should have been a little more subtle, IMO.

In other news, Better Caul Saul is pretty excellent. So far.

I agree. I will watch last night's episode today but it has been very solid.

GQman2121

Banned
It's only because I have the worst defense. Get the ball a lot.
Generally only get stops from turnovers, which I do have a lot of this season, I hit 25 turnovers like 5 games ago.
Where in season one I had a top 5 D, and top 10 D in season two.

My offense vs defense has taken a complete 180 over the seasons.

I think that's the only reason I have a top five offense too. My D is in the bottom third.

Greg

Stop being so goddamn pessimistic motherfucker

you just need a franchise qb like doolittle

doolittle da gawd has been my savior
doesn't matter if I have Aaron Rodgers when I get half a second in the pocket

I'm optimistic about enough things in life - let me have this!

DJ Bowser

I thought they were trying super hard to push that Underwood is as far gone a sociopath as one can be. It should have been a little more subtle, IMO.

I guess we have different views of the character. I don't think he's intended to be conventionally sociopathic- his caring about the guy's rib joint closing and his relationship with Claire I think both steer away from. Power-hungry narcissist? Yes. Sociopath? Maybe but my thought is no (unless sociopathy is on a spectrum like autism disorders, I haven't delved into that psychological area too much).

The biggest problem I had with season 2 of House of Cards is that they abandoned Claire's clean water initiative which was the central cause of so much drama in season 1. She cared enough about her NGO that she was willing to side with Remy and have Frank's watershed bill killed on the floor (she also fired a women for being pregnant) but then the entire organization is dumped without an explanation at all in season 2.

The second season was just a mess at certain points. It remained entertaining but the overall story was weak in retrospect.

Very good point that I'd mostly overlooked. The tangential storytelling in Season 2 was definitely weaker and some things required a bit more suspension of disbelief. I think my love of the grandiose allowed me to be kind of blinded to some of the weaknesses just because the stakes kept getting raised.

eznark

Banned
He is definitely a sociopath. The relationship with the wife is self-serving and (according to my wife) sociopaths often develop deep emotional relationships to things others would have a surface level give-a-fuck about (the rib joint).

Top Bottom