• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: Wards? Where We're Going We Dont Need....Wards

Morning (12 ET)
ph33
FMT
TheLostBigBoss
EZ
crimson
Greg
DJ Bowser
Cola
Smokey
CB
mcneily
Sanjuro (i put him in the closest draft to his requested time)

Afternoon (4:30 ET)
ph33
TheLostBigBoss
EZ
Greg
Cola

Night (9 ET)
ph33
Rinse
Bob
TheLostBigBoss
PistolPete
EZ
Greg
Drizzler

IDGAF :
Wellie
Brent

update

DJ Bowser

you're an asshole pete! The 7 weeks you knocked Jacorious Easton out for kept him from getting enough stats and now he's on the decline after only one season. Still my 2nd best receiver behind Cooper though. Guess I'll draft even more WRs this draft lol

You could always trade your 1st pick for a 90 OVR WR!

Well Wes Welker just rejected my contract for whatever stupid reason(how the fuck does this game work?) So I might have to consider that too

when you issue an offer out, it will show what they "want". lets say wes welker wanted a 3 year deal with $8 million dollars over the life of the contract. you can adjust the years and dollars per year accordingly. it will show you what the life of the contract is. obviously for simple numbers (3 years, $1 mil salary, $0 guaranteed) that's simple: $3 million dollar contract over the life of the contract.

but to get people to sign, you need to bump up the guaranteed money (unless its some no name loser who will take a $0 guarantee). so for welker, ok he wants 3 years $8 mil. you COULD offer him 3 years and $2.66 mil per year salary with no guarantees. this is what he wants technically! but lets say you gave him a $500k bonus guarantee and $1.5 per year annual salary for 3 years. now its at 3 year, $6 mil... which he is probably more likely to take even though the overall contract is less because of the guarantees.

with players you can buy the "Predictable" trait, which has to do with resigning them. if you buy this trait you will basically know exactly what they want as opposed to seeing a number there but because they are "unpredictable", even if you offer that amount it may not be enough. in your coaching XP menu you can also buy influence packages which relate to signing FA's

SickBoy

also, we have a new Saints owner. Sad to see sickboy go and hope to see him back in madden '16.

welcome the new saints owner Jarate

Cool. Sorry for not getting back to you. Had it on my to do list, but got caught up with stuff. I expect that by the time Madden 16 is out, I'll have a more normal life schedule again. So hopefully I'll be in. 15 is my favorite edition of the game in a long time, so I expect I'll pick up 16 at launch.

Good luck Jarate. Team needs some work -- terrible cap issues last season, but I think you've got a lot of money to work with this season. And maybe the best safety pairing in the league. But you need a QB. And an O line ;)

EDIT: thanks to everyone for the games. And I appreciate all the people who were able to work with my schedule (a lot of you).

Cool. Sorry for not getting back to you. Had it on my to do list, but got caught up with stuff. I expect that by the time Madden 16 is out, I'll have a more normal life schedule again. So hopefully I'll be in. 15 is my favorite edition of the game in a long time, so I expect I'll pick up 16 at launch.

Good luck Jarate. Team needs some work -- terrible cap issues last season, but I think you've got a lot of money to work with this season. And maybe the best safety pairing in the league. But you need a QB. And an O line ;)

EDIT: thanks to everyone for the games. And I appreciate all the people who were able to work with my schedule (a lot of you).

Good seasons my man And I couldn't have made the playoffs without your help!

I've beaten him in every SB I've faced him in, but he's still GOAT.

JaMarcus -_-

when you issue an offer out, it will show what they "want". lets say wes welker wanted a 3 year deal with $8 million dollars over the life of the contract. you can adjust the years and dollars per year accordingly. it will show you what the life of the contract is. obviously for simple numbers (3 years, $1 mil salary, $0 guaranteed) that's simple: $3 million dollar contract over the life of the contract.

but to get people to sign, you need to bump up the guaranteed money (unless its some no name loser who will take a $0 guarantee). so for welker, ok he wants 3 years $8 mil. you COULD offer him 3 years and $2.66 mil per year salary with no guarantees. this is what he wants technically! but lets say you gave him a $500k bonus guarantee and $1.5 per year annual salary for 3 years. now its at 3 year, $6 mil... which he is probably more likely to take even though the overall contract is less because of the guarantees.

with players you can buy the "Predictable" trait, which has to do with resigning them. if you buy this trait you will basically know exactly what they want as opposed to seeing a number there but because they are "unpredictable", even if you offer that amount it may not be enough. in your coaching XP menu you can also buy influence packages which relate to signing FA's

Thanks for the explanation. I might have just fucked my team going into the offseason. At least I still have some cap space to try to compensate

DJ Bowser

You'll still have the chance to sign all of them in free agency. Them being "not interested" doesn't extend past this period.

The downside, is you'll have to bid against other people.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
4JfXdrQ.gif

Dat gameshark. Congrats FMT. Did Antrel Rolle retire? Didn't have a chance to check this morning.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Not sure where to post this but I do need someone to tell me if I am crazy or will go to jail;

The Fidelity Amex card gives 2% cash back on all purchases. So if you make $5,000 worth of purchases you can get $100 deposited into your Fidelity account. With research I have learned about ways to generate "manufactured spend" in such a way that I "spend" money on my card that just ends up in a separate account that I can just pay back the card with and profit on CC rewards. Last year in a 3 month period I generated 300k American Airlines miles due to various bonuses on spend. One of my best friends works for the fraud department of a large multinational bank and he has given me pointers on how to not get flagged - it's almost common sense stuff when you think about it.

But that's airline miles that don't have a fixed monetary value and that the IRS and Uncle Sam won't care about.

I can generate $10k a month of spend with maybe 2 hours worth of effort, and it produces $200 into my Fidelity account. $2400 a year. I don't know if it will generate a 1099. CC rewards that I have turned into cash have never had any tax implications.

Can I get myself in trouble?

I'm going to jail.

rinse82

Not sure where to post this but I do need someone to tell me if I am crazy or will go to jail;

The Fidelity Amex card gives 2% cash back on all purchases. So if you make $5,000 worth of purchases you can get $100 deposited into your Fidelity account. With research I have learned about ways to generate "manufactured spend" in such a way that I "spend" money on my card that just ends up in a separate account that I can just pay back the card with and profit on CC rewards. Last year in a 3 month period I generated 300k American Airlines miles due to various bonuses on spend. One of my best friends works for the fraud department of a large multinational bank and he has given me pointers on how to not get flagged - it's almost common sense stuff when you think about it.

But that's airline miles that don't have a fixed monetary value and that the IRS and Uncle Sam won't care about.

I can generate $10k a month of spend with maybe 2 hours worth of effort, and it produces $200 into my Fidelity account. $2400 a year. I don't know if it will generate a 1099. CC rewards that I have turned into cash have never had any tax implications.

Can I get myself in trouble?

I'm going to jail.

Are you paying down another card's balance with this one? I'm shocked that Amex wouldn't have a way of excluding those balance transfers when calculating your point earnings.

probably going to jail

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Are you paying down another card's balance with this one? I'm shocked that Amex wouldn't have a way of excluding those balance transfers when calculating your point earnings.

probably going to jail

It's not a balance transfer. Like before with the AA cards what I would do is utilize the AMEX Bluebird card which acts like a psuedo checking account.

So I would "load" $5k of expenses onto the Bluebird -> Write check from Bluebird to pay the AA cards -> "load" $5k more. It was a cycle of fake spending.

Nightz

Spent all season increasing RBK for my center. Season ends, -14 RBK. Also, Eric Weddle is about as slow as Jordy Nelson.

Smokey

I am no longer salty. GG FMT, gameshark and all.

even when i cut the quality of the stream down to accommodate those who don't have modern internet, it looked way better than a stream from the PS4. May just stick with it from now on.

brentech

I am no longer salty. GG FMT, gameshark and all.

even when i cut the quality of the stream down to accommodate those who don't have modern internet, it looked way better than a stream from the PS4. May just stick with it from now on.
Yea, it did. I still want to pick one of those up for my office since two ps4s can't be logged into twitch.

eznark

Banned
I watched on FMT's stream and it looked great. Far be it for me to presume to tell a great like Smokey how to play, but throw the fucking ball away moron.

I think I missed something in the conversation, what did Smokey do differently streaming wise? Pick up what?

Smokey

I watched on FMT's stream and it looked great. Far be it for me to presume to tell a great like Smokey how to play, but throw the fucking ball away moron.

I think I missed something in the conversation, what did Smokey do differently streaming wise? Pick up what?

Are you talking about the last few plays? If so I thought I could round the corner with Doolittle there was nothing but space, but FMT hit the boost cheat and I got swallowed up :(

I used my Elgato60 to stream the game. That's how I got my hype music into the stream from my pc lol.

eznark

Banned
It seemed like both of you guys had opportunities to throw the ball away on your roll outs, but yeah specifically that third and 7 when you knew you'd have to go for it on 4th. You kind of ran to the sideline then just stood there for like a second and a half.

I want to know what voodoo you guys used to make your QB's not fumble as well.

God I wish I had enough bandwidth to stream. Seems like the niche strategy games I play only ever have like 3-5 people streaming and they always have a hundred or so viewers. The one guy who streams Grey Goo consistently has hundreds of people watching. Probably not a lot of money there but if you're playing it anyway who cares. Plus I could spout my anti-government propaganda.

Smokey

It seemed like both of you guys had opportunities to throw the ball away on your roll outs, but yeah specifically that third and 7 when you knew you'd have to go for it on 4th. You kind of ran to the sideline then just stood there for like a second and a half.

I want to know what voodoo you guys used to make your QB's not fumble as well.

God I wish I had enough bandwidth to stream. Seems like the niche strategy games I play only ever have like 3-5 people streaming and they always have a hundred or so viewers. The one guy who streams Grey Goo consistently has hundreds of people watching. Probably not a lot of money there but if you're playing it anyway who cares. Plus I could spout my anti-government propaganda.

yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that sucked. But then on the 4th down my guy was wide open and did that shitty animation and made no attempt to catch the ball. It was the correct read and FMT said on AIM that he saw it and was hoping for a knockout when the ball was caught. Instead this clown waves at it and the game is over.

You can do a lot with the Elgato. It's really a nice kit. Being able to record in 60fps is great, and the UI is easy to use.

Absolutely.

i'm sorry should i have used some indie band with some guy playing a violin for madden hype music? you eat veggie burgers so the answer is probably a yes

meek mill almost brought me to the promise land

eznark

Banned
Your God QB missed a couple weird throws too. That was a really entertaining game to watch. I didn't see any bullshit like that from FMT's squad. Cheater confirmed.

Woah The Summit 3 started??

Spent all season increasing RBK for my center. Season ends, -14 RBK. Also, Eric Weddle is about as slow as Jordy Nelson.

How does this work? At the end of the season our player ratings change based on player performance, wins? Or do ratings changes only happen from XP upgrades?

I might be interesting in murray too I think I'm going to lose Ellington. I'll check out his ratings

Smokey

Watt is a 99, Clowney 97, Cush 96, Reid (LOLB, i drafted him after s1), 92, Swaginger 90, Sean Smith (thanks Crimson) 90, Clemons 88, Joseph 88

defense is youngry

Top Bottom