• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: Wards? Where We're Going We Dont Need....Wards

Well that was a bullshit game if I've ever seen one. Up 14-0 after the first then the madden lag starts and I get sacked like 6 times because I can't even get the damn ball out.

My fault for calling the damn screen but man...fuck madden right now. GG DM I've been drinking so I blitzed too much and you took advantage of that but I'm still mad I lost that. Especially the fumble when I was in FG range for the win wow.

Well that was a bullshit game if I've ever seen one. Up 14-0 after the first then the madden lag starts and I get sacked like 6 times because I can't even get the damn ball out.

My fault for calling the damn screen but man...fuck madden right now. GG DM I've been drinking so I blitzed too much and you took advantage of that but I'm still mad I lost that. Especially the fumble when I was in FG range for the win wow.

even though it benefited me i felt bad for you that game. DM seemed to get all the breaks after the stream started (and you were up 14-0). but the screen on the 3 yard line... i'll chalk that up to the alcohol!

Smokey

OnlyRipeAfricanaugurbuzzard.gif

I like the chew clock function. But just so there's no bad blood we should limited to only the 2nd and 4th quarters. I think it's balanced well because you basicly HAVE to run that play, the offense gets no time to make any adjustments based on the defensive coverage, so they might end up screwing themselves over by getting too greedy to drain time

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I like the chew clock function. But just so there's no bad blood we should limited to only the 2nd and 4th quarters. I think it's balanced well because you basicly HAVE to run that play, the offense gets no time to make any adjustments based on the defensive coverage, so they might end up screwing themselves over by getting too greedy to drain time
Why don't we just play defense and not let them execute a long drive?

Why don't we just play defense and not let them execute a long drive?

Sorry, but that's the lamest excuse for kill clock. If you start killing the clock with five minutes left in the game you're simply throwing away an entire quarter of play and cheesing away your opponent from getting the ball back in a reasonable manner.

The same can be said about not killing clock, if you're so afraid of letting the opponent have the ball why don't you play some defense when you score or turn the ball over?

Simple solution, kill clock only when the game stops scaling time, IE in a two minute drill when all acceleration is automatically turned off and TO's are most used by both teams.

TL:DR

You're artificially shortening an already shortened game with kill clock. It's not sim, and it's main argument of "lol stop me bitch" can equally be used as a counter point to kill clock considering it's main use is to prevent the opposing team from playing offense.

Greg

I'll chew clock if the game is a lock or I want it to end

I'll manually chew clock if I'm in position extend a drive and deny possession (to win the game or end the half) because 5 seconds isn't enough to make adjustments, and I'm not snapping the ball early just because you want more time to run garbage no huddle against my paper D

brentech

We all realize that plenty of teams run the clock down under 5 seconds every snap in a game right?

To say it's not sim is like saying, "I don't watch football, lol!"

No huddle, in Madden, is infinitely worse than anything chew clock does when used halfway through the 2nd or 4th qtr. shit breaks the game outright.

We all realize that plenty of teams run the clock down under 5 seconds every snap in a game right?

To say it's not sim is like saying, "I don't watch football, lol!"

I forgot the NFL has 8 minute quarters.

It's quite simple, if you are afraid to let the other team have the ball why don't you play defense?

If the game is completely out of hand, kill clock is fine obviously.

Sorry, but that's the lamest excuse for kill clock. If you start killing the clock with five minutes left in the game you're simply throwing away an entire quarter of play and cheesing away your opponent from getting the ball back in a reasonable manner.

The same can be said about not killing clock, if you're so afraid of letting the opponent have the ball why don't you play some defense when you score or turn the ball over?

Simple solution, kill clock only when the game stops scaling time, IE in a two minute drill when all acceleration is automatically turned off and TO's are most used by both teams.

You're artificially shortening an already shortened game with kill clock. It's not sim, and it's main argument of "lol stop me bitch" can equally be used as a counter point to kill clock considering it's main use is to prevent the opposing team from playing offense.

But to make a rule is difficult. OK no chew clock. What if someone still just runs the clock slowly? What do you tell them? Stop taking so much time to pick a play? What if someone is honestly analyzing what play to call and making adjustments? Can't really run someone's game for them.

With that said, just respect your opponent and afford them the same opportunities that you would want in that situation. I personally don't start running clock until 3 mins because fuck off use your timeouts then!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

I offered a solution, not an excuse. I can't chew clock because it's not conducive to my play style.

brentech

I forgot the NFL has 8 minute quarters.

It's quite simple, if you are afraid to let the other team have the ball why don't you play defense?

Did I say I frequently run chew clock or have even used it in my last 16 games to my knowledge?

People have their reasons for running it. Clock management is a huge part of football and shouldn't be fully taken away from someone just because they aren't inside 2min (unless their name is Andy Reid). They're making a game decision that is important.

And I completely don't understand your above statement. "if you are afraid to let the other team have the ball why don't you play defense?"
Shouldn't that be play offense, like, the part of the game that keeps them from getting the ball? They already have the ball if you're playing defense homie.

eznark

Banned
I offered a solution, not an excuse. I can't chew clock because it's not conducive to my play style.

When you take 30 real seconds between every play snap there is no clock left to chew.

I'd rather face chew clock than Wellis bullshit every game. (Love you Welli)

brentech

When you take 30 real seconds between every play snap there is no clock left to chew.

There are a couple guys that burn way more clock with adjustments over a full game, which has way more impact than anyone can create in a game with chew clock in the last 4-5 minutes. So any complaint is completely bull shit in my eyes.

I think it's shitty but whatever, I'm over it at this point. If you're going to start chew click at 5 minutes and then run traps, counters, and underneath passes for the rest of the game like a punk, go for it. Soka isn't even in my conference so I only have to deal with it once every four madden seasons anyway.

Now let's move on to more important matters, like how awesome is cities: Skylines? And oh my god, look how quickly everyone forgot about helldivers.

Did I say I frequently run chew clock or have even used it in my last 16 games to my knowledge?

People have their reasons for running it. Clock management is a huge part of football and shouldn't be fully taken away from someone just because they aren't inside 2min (unless their name is Andy Reid). They're making a game decision that is important.

And I completely don't understand your above statement. "if you are afraid to let the other team have the ball why don't you play defense?"
Shouldn't that be play offense, like, the part of the game that keeps them from getting the ball? They already have the ball if you're playing defense homie.

I'm not saying 'you' you, I mean you to the people who run it all day.

People run kill clock so their is little time on left for the opponent to come back and score, yes? So the underlying factor to run it is to fuck with the next possession, IE when the offensive player will then be on defense.

The most common thing I hear as a defense, is to "man up and stop it and play D". I'm saying that the same argument can be used to argue against it's use, as people use kill clock as a way to prevent the other team from having a proper chance to catch up or make a drive down the field when they get the ball.

I'm not saying 'you' you, I mean you to the people who run it all day.

People run kill clock so their is little time on left for the opponent to come back and score, yes? So the underlying factor to run it is to fuck with the next possession, IE when the offensive player will then be on defense.

The most common thing I hear as a defense, is to "man up and stop it and play D". I'm saying that the same argument can be used to argue against it's use, as people use kill clock as a way to prevent the other team from having a proper chance to catch up or make a drive down the field when they get the ball.

The most common argument is probably don't put yourself in a position to be milked Or suffer like g did if you do

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

There are a couple guys that burn way more clock with adjustments over a full game, which has way more impact than anyone can create in a game with chew clock in the last 4-5 minutes. So any complaint is completely bull shit in my eyes.

IDC, I am not changing.

brentech

It's a slower pace game, but I don't even know that you're the biggest offender. Particularly because you're actually making adjustments.

Now let's move on to more important matters, like how awesome is cities: Skylines? And oh my god, look how quickly everyone forgot about helldivers.

I jumped in Helldivers last night for a couple missions. I plan to play it here and there. Good enough game play to give it some time, especially if others are on.
I need one more population checkpoint to unlock offices and get rid of off this forestry industry. Trying to just have shops, farms, offices, and homes.

eznark

Banned
Lol no he isn't, don't let him fool you!

LBB I run kill clock so the game ends faster. Bring back 7 minute quarters!

I think it's shitty but whatever, I'm over it at this point. If you're going to start chew click at 5 minutes and then run traps, counters, and underneath passes for the rest of the game like a punk, go for it. Soka isn't even in my conference so I only have to deal with it once every four madden seasons anyway.

Who forgot about hell divers?

Just fired up cities on the laptop I brought, doesn't look like it'll go.

Greg

that's the worst

make some adjustments, bring up the play art one last time, and then they audible to a completely different defense

if I see it happen I usually just snap right away and try to catch players out of position

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
that's the worst

make some adjustments, bring up the play art one last time, and then they audible to a completely different defense

if I see it happen I usually just snap right away and try to catch players out of position

Bruh this is Madden, it doesn't matter how far out of position guys are.

Top Bottom