• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

DJ Bowser

Legit. It was a 6-man tag match. We goaded him into doing a tower of doom spot out of the corner. As we're all selling it like death, he stood up and started mock-chanting "T-N-A! T-N-A!"

While two of the guys were trying to call spots for the match in the back (which I'm sure was an affront to him and anyone from his generation) he ignored them and was complaining about it being disrespectful for the building to keep an American flag tucked in the corner of the room.

He referred to a powerbomb as "that move where his balls are in your face?"

Larry Z is one of my favorite people in the business.

TheCrow

Yeah, only did Indy shows. I actually had small talks with TNA which wasn't nearly as exciting as it sounds and was shortly after the car accident that made me decide to "retire".

Met some cool people that have gone on to do some big things. I never expected Daniel Bryan or Tyler Black to main event Wrestlemania.

I keep wanting to get back into watching wrestling again, but for whatever reason the times I can actually watch it are few and far between.

Was this pre hogan and bischoff TNA? If so that actually pretty cool. It's too bad that it took AJ Styles so long to really cement himself as a superstar. He should've bailed on TNA earlier. Who knew that Fergal Devitt getting scooped up by WWE would lead to his best years. Just imagine the kind of matches he would've had if he was in his prime.

I can't get into WWE. Just so too much overproduced soap opera BS and not enough actual wrestling. I just want some stiff lariatos and chops.

DJ Bowser

During the Hogan and Bischoff time. Around the Orlando Jordan brief stint.

And yeah, I always loved AJ. I'm really happy to see him finally getting the respect he deserves. People shit on him as a spot monkey for so long.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Baltimore Larry and GQman are friends. Dont you guys remember the story of GQ suplexing Larry at a party or something.

Pretty sure it was a PerfectPlex too.

Ferny

Was this pre hogan and bischoff TNA? If so that actually pretty cool. It's too bad that it took AJ Styles so long to really cement himself as a superstar. He should've bailed on TNA earlier. Who knew that Fergal Devitt getting scooped up by WWE would lead to his best years. Just imagine the kind of matches he would've had if he was in his prime.

I can't get into WWE. Just so too much overproduced soap opera BS and not enough actual wrestling. I just want some stiff lariatos and chops.

That's what NXT is for chump.

TheCrow

Meh, I just prefer the Japanese style more. Why mess with the minor leagues when I can have this.

IaCopbW.gif

and this on the same show

tumblr_o0fceb0qnn1sj4xr4o1_400.gif

DJ Bowser

I should definitely try to get into NXT. Samoa Joe was one of the guys that got me really passionate about the business (his match with Aries at Final Battle 06 was possibly my favorite match).

Especially with Styles and those guys headed there... mite b cool.

I really enjoyed Chikara for a while. I wanted to wrestle there so badly but never got the chance. If timing had lined up, I had connections to possibly do one of their King of Trios tournaments. But whatevs... maybe I would have gotten another concussion if I did.

If a corner and a WR are waiting on a ball and it's one on one it should be incomplete a lot more often than it is. In stride is one thing but when the DB is waiting on the ball and the WR comes down with it... Happens way too much.

Gg Tsizz, rainy game. Your one sack for a fumble felt like the difference.

Tannehill: 81.8, 27/41, 365 yds, 1 TD, 2 INTs, 1 Fumble
Miller: 16 carries, 44 yds, 1 TD
Patton: 6 rec, 123 yds, 1 TD
Ayers: 5 Tkls, 1 Sack

Smith: 121.5, 11/25, 259 yds, 3 TD, 0 INTs // 1 rush 2 yds
Charles: 23 carries, 105 yds, 1 TD // 1 rec, 14 yds
Robinson: 4 rec, 133 yds, 1 TD
Trevathan: 8 Tkls, 1 Sack, 1 FF

TheCrow

I doubt AJ Styles goes to NXT. No reason for him to waste his time there especially since he is nearing 40 and is a bump away from a serous injury. They're just going to neuter his offense and feed him to Roman Reigns.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Got my first game in with the Titans. GG whoever you were. The Titans are awful so it's a good match for my playstyle. I forgot how much I hate playing defense especially with a mobile QB. In my offline franchise been simming to next possession while on D lol. Guess I'll need to hit the skills trainer. I also need to practice FG's I missed two that should have been easy.

Ferny

I doubt AJ Styles goes to NXT. No reason for him to waste his time there especially since he is nearing 40 and is a bump away from a serous injury. They're just going to neuter his offense and feed him to Roman Reigns.
Every signing they've had has gone thru NXT. With Balor there too, I don't see how they don't send him there.

TheCrow

Every signing they've had has gone thru NXT. With Balor there too, I don't see how they don't send him there.

I can't think of a signing as big as AJ. Balor doesn't compare since he's no where near as proven as AJ. He never got close to the star power that AJ has in Japan since he was so much smaller that he couldn't fight the top guys. Styles should debut at the Rumble since he requires little build up. But knowing WWE they will fuck this up.

Got my first game in with the Titans. GG whoever you were. The Titans are awful so it's a good match for my playstyle. I forgot how much I hate playing defense especially with a mobile QB. In my offline franchise been simming to next possession while on D lol. Guess I'll need to hit the skills trainer. I also need to practice FG's I missed two that should have been easy.

well we play on all madden so FG kicking is fast! i watched the stream on twitch and you played pretty well

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
well we play on all madden so FG kicking is fast! i watched the stream on twitch and you played pretty well

I threw a couple of very bad int's the second one I threw was a big time mistake I meant to throw it to a wide open Whitten but pressed the wrong button and threw into double coverage instead.

I also abandoned my run game in the second and third quarter for seemingly no reason. If I can run the ball decently and manage to play an average defensive game I might just be able to eek out a win or two so I'm hopeful.

I threw a couple of very bad int's the second one I threw was a big time mistake I meant to throw it to a wide open Whitten but pressed the wrong button and threw into double coverage instead.

I also abandoned my run game in the second and third quarter for seemingly no reason. If I can run the ball decently and manage to play an average defensive game I might just be able to eek out a win or two so I'm hopeful.

That rb you have was insane. He had over 100 yards in the 1st Q!

It varies a lot depending upon the connection quality/distance between you and whoever you are playing.

When I've played you, Spat, LukeSmith, Trasher kicking was the same speed as it is offline.

When I play people from outside the West Coast it is a clusterfuck.

DJ Bowser

It varies a lot depending upon the connection quality/distance between you and whoever you are playing.

When I've played you, Spat, LukeSmith, Trasher kicking was the same speed as it is offline.

When I play people from outside the West Coast it is a clusterfuck.

This definitely seems true. Being an East coaster, I've had lag against some of my West coast brethren. Against Scott, the lag was too bad for me to even attempt to stream. But Florida and Alaska are as far as two states can be.

Ferny

I can't think of a signing as big as AJ. Balor doesn't compare since he's no where near as proven as AJ. He never got close to the star power that AJ has in Japan since he was so much smaller that he couldn't fight the top guys. Styles should debut at the Rumble since he requires little build up. But knowing WWE they will fuck this up.
I really think you're overestimating AJ's "star power" to most casual viewers. They hardly know TNA or any of the stuff he did there. The hardcore fans know AJ of course and the true hardcore ones follow NXT. He'll most likely still debut at the Rumble but I hope he doesn't. Debuting to then just be knocked out is dumb.

TheCrow

I really think you're overestimating AJ's "star power" to most casual viewers. They hardly know TNA or any of the stuff he did there. The hardcore fans know AJ of course and the true hardcore ones follow NXT. He'll most likely still debut at the Rumble but I hope he doesn't. Debuting to then just be knocked out is dumb.
I also mean start power in terms of bargaining power. He's getting paid in njpw plus he can do his indy stuff. If anyone can negotiate the right to skip NXT it's him. I would also think that wwe should know how to debut someone since they've been in business far longer without NXT. They've anyway started building him by mentioning him on WWE.com. Plus he doesn't even have to win. Maybe I'm just used to NJPW but you can get over in defeat. Just let him do his thing and the fans will get it. Maybe have someone big cheat to eliminate him so he didn't technically lose.

BTW aren't the rating still shit? If anything there's less and less casual fans.

Somnia

That top 10 spotify list for Playstation users... who the heck is Fetty Wap. I'm usually on top of music, but I've never even heard of this guy/girl/group whatever. Must be worse than Drake, that's crazy.

Smokey

That top 10 spotify list for Playstation users... who the heck is Fetty Wap. I'm usually on top of music, but I've never even heard of this guy/girl/group whatever. Must be worse than Drake, that's crazy.

Remmmmyyy Boyyyzzz squaaaaaaaaaaa

17 shots no 38 cuh

BigAT

CB told me he has one eye. That is the extent of my Fetty Wap knowledge.

TheCrow

He's great just for giving Montana of 300 another song to remix.

eznark

Banned

Sounds like a Star Wars character. Or a dildo.

eznark

Banned
GUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYS

http://www.inc.com/zoe-henry/words-millennials-use-youth-slang.html?cid=sf01001&sr_share=twitter

5. THOT
If you hear an employee utter the word THOT, it may be time to have a conversation with HR. The acronym stands for "That ho' over there," typically referring to a woman.

This article was sent to me by a 60+ year old white dude with the email subject "if you don't read this you're a THOT"

I replied with "thanks fam"

my life is now a gaf conversation

rinse82

GUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYS

http://www.inc.com/zoe-henry/words-millennials-use-youth-slang.html?cid=sf01001&sr_share=twitter

This article was sent to me by a 60+ year old white dude with the email subject "if you don't read this you're a THOT"

I replied with "thanks fam"

my life is now a gaf conversation

The circle is complete

Ferny

There is no way you haven't heard 1 of his songs. Trap Queen, 679, My Way.

BANGERZ

eznark

Banned
I'm pretty sure if you say you haven't heard Trap Queen it ups your hipster cred

It's easier than ever to avoid hearing top 40 type music these days. I haven't heard any of those songs to my knowledge. Pretty much the only way I hear contemporary music is if its used as bumper music for live sports or in a commercial that airs during sporting events.

It kind of stinks, how will I ever find my next Avril Lavigne?

Popular music is an embarrassment today. Also, me saying that confirms I am an old!

BigAT

Out of curiosity, I wanted to see how the top 10 of yesteryear would compare to that garbage above.

1998:

1 Next - Too Close
2 Brandy and Monica - The Boy Is Mine
3 Shania Twain - You're Still The One
4 Savage Garden - Truly Madly Deeply
5 LeAnn Rimes - How Do I Live
6 Janet - Together Again
7 K-Ci and JoJo - All My Life
8 Elton John - Candle In The Wind 1997 / Something About The Way You Look Tonight
9 Usher - Nice and Slow
10 Paula Cole - I Don't Want To Wait

That's a damn strong top 2. Shits all over Drake and Feta Wrap.

brentech

More telling is the diversity of that list.
You'd think with all the ADHD kids would like more types of music these days.

Out of curiosity, I wanted to see how the top 10 of yesteryear would compare to that garbage above.

1998:

1 Next - Too Close
2 Brandy and Monica - The Boy Is Mine
3 Shania Twain - You're Still The One
4 Savage Garden - Truly Madly Deeply
5 LeAnn Rimes - How Do I Live
6 Janet - Together Again
7 K-Ci and JoJo - All My Life
8 Elton John - Candle In The Wind 1997 / Something About The Way You Look Tonight
9 Usher - Nice and Slow
10 Paula Cole - I Don't Want To Wait

That's a damn strong top 2. Shits all over Drake and Feta Wrap.

I used to get butt hurt in high school when people would troll me about sound garden vs. Savage garden

Top Bottom