• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

https://yasp.co/

sign in and estimate your mmr!

shake mmr:
T0xlAQI.gif

LJ11

Good game Birdman, I got lucky. Late pick, I knew it was a bad throw before I even threw it but said fuck it why not. Your DB also batted the ball instead of housing an int, think I led it the wrong way, and threw a bit late. Safety also dropped an int, read the coverage but forgot to hot route my TE to keep safety occupied. Huge breaks.

I thought the playmaker stuff was frowned upon ��

Is it? Honestly, I think that's like my second one this year, I never have enough time to do it, I know others do it so I thought it was fair. Do think it's fucking cheap if abused, but honestly, you dropped your DE in coverage and I had no read so I rolled that way and hoped for the best, threw into coverage too.

How do you even use it?!

Hold L2 and then with the right analogue stick direct the nearest WR. It's honestly useful when guys go max coverage, but it can break the AI in man coverage. In zone you can just run the D off with deep routes, play maker the underneath guy and he can get open. It's good and bad, can be abused. Really had nowhere to go and I thought there was 8 men in coverage.

Birdman02

I would've been permabanned since Madden 15
I had it played fine anyway, but I wasn't rewarded for it. LJ is the first person who I have noticed do it against me and it caught me by surprise.

GG LJ. My guys dropped 2 easy picks...one was a pick six...but I am sure your guys did the same. Really good defensive battle. My turnovers were just in really bad spots.

Also, can I get Charles Johnson to stay in bounds when he has open field in front of him?

Birdman02

Is it? Honestly, I think that's like my second one this year, I never have enough time to do it, I know others do it so I thought it was fair. Do think it's fucking cheap if abused, but honestly, you dropped your DE in coverage and I had no read so I rolled that way and hoped for the best, threw into coverage too.
Good play...I just didn't know it was an option, but I was in position to knock the ball down anyway. It looked like Griffen got his hand on the ball, but French came down with it.

LJ11

]I had it played fine anyway, but I wasn't rewarded for it[/B]. LJ is the first person who I have noticed do it against me and it caught me by surprise.

GG LJ. My guys dropped 2 easy picks...one was a pick six...but I am sure your guys did the same. Really good defensive battle. My turnovers were just in really bad spots.

Also, can I get Charles Johnson to stay in bounds when he has open field in front of him?

It was actually available in the post game highlights, dude, I was completely bailed out, no clue how I caught that. Griffen had his hand between the WRs and then it magically disappeared a few frames later.

Had one option on that play, which was the flat and the OLB was closing on it, drag was the check down but you killed it when you took control of Griffen. You dropped him a few times, fucked up my reads. I was afraid to go flats after the near pick six, Richardson also overthrew a wide open guy earlier.

Good play...I just didn't know it was an option, but I was in position to knock the ball down anyway. It looked like Griffen got his hand on the ball, but French came down with it.

Yeah, a few guys do it but you need a mobile QB, I'm iffy on it, but I had no choice, and you were on the DE so it made it easier for me to roll out and try it. Looking back on it, I threw an awful pass, maybe if I lobbed it would have gone for more yards. I know one year I used it a bunch in a game against someone who dropped 9 virtually the entire second half. It comes in handy in those situations but it's unrealistic. Wonder what they do with it next year.

DJ Bowser

That's likely too early for me to go tonight DCX.

Post before your deadline anyhow just in case, but I likely can't play for another half hour or so.

Birdman02

TLBB, let's get this over with. I have basketball and softball the next 2 nights. I'd rather not have to play madden after either of those.

I'm alright it wasn't deep but it did cut me and it's bruised all around the cut from the weight of the thing. Lots of blood but had some1 pour peroxide all over my back, neosporin, and gaused it up. Had Heat tickets tonight, and wasting row 11 seats is just something I'm not capable of. We won!

This shower is gonna be painful tho :X

Birdman02

Can any of you guys tell me why the ps4 says today's messages/notifications were received yesterday? I've checked my date/time settings and they're right.

Top Bottom