• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

Late sticking Andrew the giant is a good way to punch your early admittance ticket for the other league in Madden 17

The other thing is, I don't think anyone (in the NFC) would want to rest guys against you? Better to knock out a dangerous team in the regular season than rest your guys and get beat by McKay in the post season.

And every team in the NFC is either in a 3 a way tie for the Bye week or (8-5).

Lol that last pick I threw. GG nightz I couldn't stop you at all and your user d really had me fucked up early in the game.

That catch Kelce caught and ran for a TD should have been another user pick by you but Madden

Nightz

Lol that last pick I threw. GG nightz I couldn't stop you at all and your user d really had me fucked up early in the game.

That catch Kelce caught and ran for a TD should have been another user pick by you but Madden

GG. You got on a roll when you switched QB's. Almost came back but Ingram got those two fluke picks.

Greg

GG

Your d dominated after the first Q
bummed about that completion around midfield in OT - felt that was my one spot to make a play

spread my LBs up at the line to try and bait the throw to the TE since you went there a few times prior on similar looks, at the snap shot him all the way back across the line to flash in front... thought it scared you off enough so I dropped back shallow just as you were throwing to him

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
holy fuck the
punisher prison fight
was fucking brutal in daredevil lol

That and the fight in episode 3 were the highlights of the season. Overall I enjoyed it but not as much as season 1. I hate stupid supernatural/mystical shit and that's unfortunately the route they took.

I am very much looking forward to the rest of the street level hero series on Netflix. JJ was disappointing but I have high hopes for Iron Fist and Luke Cage.

That and the fight in episode 3 were the highlights of the season. Overall I enjoyed it but not as much as season 1. I hate stupid supernatural/mystical shit and that's unfortunately the route they took.

I am very much looking forward to the rest of the street level hero series on Netflix. JJ was disappointing but I have high hopes for Iron Fist and Luke Cage.

well when you have
the hand
involved there isn't really any other option. that's who they are. there aren't really many non-supernatural options in daredevils rogue gallery. you pretty much have kingpin, punisher (if you consider him a villain) and bullseye (who i imagine is going to be the season 3 villain). he has other enemies but they would all run into the same supernatural issues

brentech

So far I like Jessica jones more than daredevil

KindGlamorousFlamingo.gif

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
How is it possible for me to practice madden as much as I do and still never win? Per week I'd say I use franchise practice mode around 4 to 5 hours. This isn't an eeyore post but a genuine question.

To the people that have played me is there anything glaringly obvious that I'm doing wrong? In my practices I work on getting the ball out as quickly as possible I count 1..2..3 in my head and then slang it, I work on my running game as in finding the holes in the blocking and trying to time out when best to use speed burst. I work on various hot routes for the defense I think I see (set defensive plays to random). Is that the wrong approach? Should I be doing something different in practice.

Is it my defense that is too bad to win games? I haven't dabbled with all the L1, L2, R1, R2 adjustment stuff. Is that crucial for success?

I realize it's advantageous to the league for me to continue being the free win punching bag but it sucks for me.. please someone tell me what i should be doing in practice.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
The only thing i remember from my game against you is that the defenses you called/the way you aligned them made them really easy to read.

DietRob

Thanks CB. I maybe that's due to not using any shoulder button adjustments. Time to flip the practice over to defense I guess.

Thanks CB. I maybe that's due to not using any shoulder button adjustments. Time to flip the practice over to defense I guess.

You might want to try the skills trainer as well. I know that for offense it talks a lot about what kind of routes work against what coverage, although it doesn't really do the reverse. Still it might be worth it to figure out why you get beat by certain route types a lot, or why you have trouble beating certain coverages.

DietRob

You might want to try the skills trainer as well. I know that for offense it talks a lot about what kind of routes work against what coverage, although it doesn't really do the reverse. Still it might be worth it to figure out why you get beat by certain route types a lot, or why you have trouble beating certain coverages.

I've completed skills trainer 100% but it might not be a bad idea to go back through it.

DJ Bowser

If you don't have time to throw, start making sure you have your HB on an outlet route most plays. If he isn't on one in the playart, hot route him to an out or a swing. The flats are the best place to throw if you get immediate pressure. If you want to keep the HB in to block, hot route the guy you're least likely to throw to a drag.

User coverage I can't help on as I still have trouble making the pick even when in position.

that game is apparently only for xbox one :(

we need a worms revival. part of the greatness was all the different maps. I wish they kept making those

BigAT

How is it possible for me to practice madden as much as I do and still never win? Per week I'd say I use franchise practice mode around 4 to 5 hours. This isn't an eeyore post but a genuine question.

To the people that have played me is there anything glaringly obvious that I'm doing wrong? In my practices I work on getting the ball out as quickly as possible I count 1..2..3 in my head and then slang it, I work on my running game as in finding the holes in the blocking and trying to time out when best to use speed burst. I work on various hot routes for the defense I think I see (set defensive plays to random). Is that the wrong approach? Should I be doing something different in practice.

Is it my defense that is too bad to win games? I haven't dabbled with all the L1, L2, R1, R2 adjustment stuff. Is that crucial for success?

I realize it's advantageous to the league for me to continue being the free win punching bag but it sucks for me.. please someone tell me what i should be doing in practice.

How much pre-snap reading do you do/are you capable of doing? I feel like you can potentially get quite a bit of information before the ball is snapped if you know what you're looking for. If you're not doing that, I would think it's something you can certainly improve upon.

Greg

the 'get fucked' modifier is only rolled in a real game, so you'll never experience all the bullshit in practice

there's nothing you can do when your team decides to be a piece of shit

Sokantish

I do 0 pre-snap reads. Rob what I would say is that your problem is that the Titans suck and this year it's even harder than it was last year if you have a bad QB. Look at FMT!

Two things that I need to do more that I don't :

1) before every play you should make an attempt to guess what defense the opponent is playing. this really helps with "if X does this then Y should be open"

2) what play are you calling and more importantly why? maybe your opponent likes to blitz in a certain situation or call cover 3 on 2nd and long. so you'll call something to counter that or to try and attack a certain part of the field. people adjusted and have started doubling and tripling motes on deep coverage so I had to work him in on shorter routes

also I am not going to bench my players in my sim win. watch motes die :(

Splat

Howell ended his slide with a perfect passer rating game. We'll see if it's enough to claw be back into the WC spot :-/

Top Bottom