• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

LJ11

I thought we couldn't route coverage LBs to blitz? or is that just manual control?

I'll change the zones, but always keep zones as zones (or some type of coverage) and blitzers as blitzers

unless I'm misunderstanding

feel like I only ever get coverage sacks - game is a piece of shit!

The Commishes can always chime in, but you can hot route and audible anyone on D to do anything you want, as long as 3 are rushing the QB. No VELCRO 9 coverage.

Back to Madden 12. Man Coverage was so good, and the pass rush so strong that I would just audible a stock Man Cover 2 into a crazy zone coverage. Man on the outside. OLB in purple zones, MLB in hook zone, SS in hook zone, manually cover with FS. It was great when it worked but Sanjuro would rip it apart because he would just line up and snap, no time to adjust. 4 verticals also wrecked it.

Really enjoy playing this game even if I don't play it as much as used to, especially against humans, though I did venture into some Draft Champions this weekend, and regretted After half a dozen games. Was just trying to get this Khalil Mack card, have to play DC to get it.

Greg

I knew changing them to coverage was fine, but I always thought you couldn't change designed coverage LBs to blitz

welllllp

DCX

DCX
I knew changing them to coverage was fine, but I always thought you couldn't change designed coverage LBs to blitz

welllllp
Nah. You just can't manually blitz on passing downs but on a run you can manually shoot the gap and make the play. On a PA play, it's a grey area, the play fake gives the manual user the option to "complete" the running play pursuit on his way to the QB. I don't, I try to read it properly and even though I get faked out I'll try to recover to play coverage.

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
What in the flying fuck are you guys talking about. No wonder I am 6-7 :(

Az, I can play tonight depending on when I get home but tomorrow works best for me

BigAT

Last couple of pages...

72LruBC.gif

I haven't read anything that made me change my mind about anything. I don't think anyone's done anything really manipulative in games

I've just learned to go into games expecting that weird shit will happen and that things will swing both ways, it's just a matter of when and how often for one side. I am really animated (anybody who has heard me on mic during games knows this) but I don't let it affect me too much

Sometimes we treat our teams like we would in real life, but that shit happens. People missing assignments, doing inexplicably dumb things, getting penalties at the worst time (Splat would know), just fucked up shit, it happens in real life too and we hate it just as much when it's our own team

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Welp.. I'm sorry I turned the madden thread into talking about Madden.

I have learned that I am fully and completely out of my depth though lol. That won't stop me from continuing to try and eek out a win.

DJ Bowser

Has anyone other than LJ and maybe Greg really explained anything revelatory? "Last couple pages" sounds like code for "LJ's posts".

We're all basically out of our depth.

didn't even really read the last page but reading it now and laughing about it. as if LJ's insane defensive team needs any help by manually hot routing a bunch of defensive players to take advantage of the stupid ass AI.

i do SOME defensive AI hot routing but it is mostly in man coverage and assigning a blitzing LB to QB spy instead. i also, once in a while, audible the flats blue coverage to that purple coverage. i feel like the purple route works SOMETIMES, but more than 50% of the time it doesn't work as intended. guess i just like to roll the dice that it might work that time!

the only time i ever hot route to a blitz is on the goalline in a cover 2 flats zone i will sometimes hot route the MLB to blitz and take control of the deep safety to cover the middle because its so close to the goalline if someone goes over the top to the WR in that area oh well i get screwed but at least its only a 5-10 yard TD instead of an 80 yarder (which is why i usually dont control the safety in a cover 2 zone)

Craig Sager got his cancer back :(

He really should just retire now and try to focus all his efforts on just getting well and having a good rest of his life.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I rarely ever hot route. Especially on defense, but it mostly goes for offense as well (although i will audible after reading the defense to get into the proper play if the one I called seems bad against said defense).

The way I look at it is AI and logic and the way the offense and defense interacts with each other already seems like it is hanging by a thread on any given game. Poking and prodding at it by messing with it too much seems like a poor idea.

Thats just a personal feeling, though.

I rarely ever hot route. Especially on defense, but it mostly goes for offense as well (although i will audible after reading the defense to get into the proper play if the one I called seems bad against said defense).

The way I look at it is AI and logic and the way the offense and defense interacts with each other already seems like it is hanging by a thread on any given game. Poking and prodding at it by messing with it too much seems like a poor idea.

Thats just a personal feeling, though.

That's exactly how I feel playing. Sometimes I'll hot route the RB into a check down (so I can ask for an initial block, fearing a overloading blitz) or send a WR going streaking if I think the difference in the play is to force the safety into making a decision, but that rarely happens.

There's an occasion where I'll ask a CB covering the flats to man up on his nearest assignment too.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Az change of plans I'll be home rest of the night if you want to play Madden (preferably Doter tho, been meaning to play and I can't squeeze out the time)

I'd prefer to play tonight if you can rest of the week is crazy

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Honestly for a guy Robs level he should just focus on getting the "football" stuff down and purge the "madden" stuff from his brain.

LJ11

I change my dudes to do the purple zone instead of the flat sometimes. I don't think it has ever helped me though

Dude it slowed me down, I kept seeing cover 2 and I thought I had the corner route but no dice. Turnovers helped me in that game, you had way more stops on D than I did. I think I've figured something out on D with Cover 2 and purples, certain cover 2 zones may have the underneath defenders fan out more. So you can purple the outside and the underneath defenders hug the purples and make it harder to beat with a corner route. Haven't messed with it enough.

They've introduced so many features, shading, play the sticks, it's hard to use them all, but I certainly hot route often on every play.

The funny thing is, I try so hard at times and the results are for nothing. A close game that came down to a turnover, all the extra shit was just that, no impact, just a play or two is the difference. A buddy of mine watched a few of my games and he said to me, you're always losing, the guys in the twitch chat are hoping you lose and it generally seems like they hate you but you come back and win. LOL.

Dude it slowed me down, I kept seeing cover 2 and I thought I had the corner route but no dice. Turnovers helped me in that game, you had way more stops on D than I did. I think I've figured something out on D with Cover 2 and purples, certain cover 2 zones may have the underneath defenders fan out more. So you can purple the outside and the underneath defenders hug the purples and make it harder to beat with a corner route. Haven't messed with it enough.

They've introduced so many features, shading, play the sticks, it's hard to use them all, but I certainly hot route often on every play.

The funny thing is, I try so hard at times and the results are for nothing. A close game that came down to a turnover, all the extra shit was just that, no impact, just a play or two is the difference. A buddy of mine watched a few of my games and he said to me, you're always losing, the guys in the twitch chat are hoping you lose and it generally seems like they hate you but you come back and win. LOL.

we all love you LJ, we just want a chance to win in the playoffs

LukeSmith

I don't do too much blitzing or hot routing anymore on Defense or Offense. Back in M10 and around there, I definitely did much more building plays at the line of scrimmage.

Top Bottom