• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

PS4 to be borked tonight.

zNLkZ7i.gif

praise be to stability

Somnia

Hi does anyone have any tips for beating Bowser? Tired of getting embarrassed by the better team/player. I at least want to make it close!

Thanks for the update I'll be sure to start it tonight to not hold up a league game.

Make sure to have someone on his RB at all times, he will get passed to at least 15 times.

That's all I got for ya!

eznark

Banned
Man XCom is still 4 weeks away? I thought it was like next week given all the video coverage that popped up this week. That stinks.

Does anything come out anytime soon?

When is FE?

Hi does anyone have any tips for beating Bowser? Tired of getting embarrassed by the better team/player. I at least want to make it close!

Thanks for the update I'll be sure to start it tonight to not hold up a league game.

Just keep an eye on McKay and follow him on his many drags/slants across the field because he is fast. Careful to mind safety help deep.

Also, he is the worst running team in the league

TheCrow

Man XCom is still 4 weeks away? I thought it was like next week given all the video coverage that popped up this week. That stinks.

Does anything come out anytime soon?

When is FE?

FE is mid February. Besides the dragon's dogma pc port i don't think anything comes out before xcom.

DJ Bowser

Just keep an eye on McKay and follow him on his many drags/slants across the field because he is fast. Careful to mind safety help deep.

This is before I changed the playbook! I've had 80 YPG running since! This has also allowed me to throw to the HBs less as I was using that as a surrogate for my stifled run game. Though, JPP stopped my runs even in the season(s) where they worked, so who knows.

Giving advice on beating someone is mean. Tell me how to beat Cb, guys!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

Yeah I was watching his game against Soka last night. Too bad he went up big early.

Looks like he is on the MIA playbook. McKay primarily plays in the slot so I will have to figure out how to handle that. Seems like the big issue going for McKay is that he takes short plays and turns them into big gainers like you mentioned. He did that against Soka.

BigAT

Yeah I was watching his game against Soka last night. Too bad he went up big early.

Looks like he is on the MIA playbook. McKay primarily plays in the slot so I will have to figure out how to handle that. Seems like the big issue going for McKay is that he takes short plays and turns them into big gainers like you mentioned. He did that against Soka.

Get used to seeing "Hot Routes: 1" in the previous play art. Hint: down on the right stick.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
This is before I changed the playbook! I've had 80 YPG running since! This has also allowed me to throw to the HBs less as I was using that as a surrogate for my stifled run game. Though, JPP stopped my runs even in the season(s) where they worked, so who knows.

Giving advice on beating someone is mean. Tell me how to beat Cb, guys!

Lots and lots of luck.

DJ Bowser

He is primarily in the slot because he is my 3rd rated OVR WR!

Get used to seeing "Hot Routes: 1" in the previous play art. Hint: down on the right stick.
What's this down on the stick business?

LukeSmith

Get used to seeing "Hot Routes: 3" in the previous play art. Hint: down on the right stick.

watching Bowser's last two streamed games made me want to limit hot routes globally to one per play.

one thing you could try when you have a special type of player who loves to throw drags and slants is:

put two OLBs at DE for the game and on the opposite side of the slot, hot route the DE into a spy/hook zone/flat zone every play.

this can create some confusion for the read because it can create some extra traffic in the part of the field where players like to throw the slant/drag

DCX

DCX
watching Bowser's last two streamed games made me want to limit hot routes globally to one per play.

one thing you could try when you have a special type of player who loves to throw drags and slants is:

put two OLBs at DE for the game and on the opposite side of the slot, hot route the DE into a spy/hook zone/flat zone every play.

this can create some confusion for the read because it can create some extra traffic in the part of the field where players like to throw the slant/drag
I do this but I get drop 11 snark.

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

Yeah I was considering this. It has been my screen stopper for years now tbh. I was looking into a cover 1 option where the safety opposite McKay is the one in man coverage and I'd manually cover the drags and slants but the problem there is that the AI could easily be confused on 4 verts style plays which this league loves.

Other option was to call man 2 deep most of the game and just use the defender not covering the TE to limit those crossers but he throws to HBs too much.

Can't run a lot of typical zones because McKay or Bryant will go over the top. Blitzing will be useless since he is mostly out of shotgun and has the best OL in the game.

I can't match up 1 on 1 against both McKay and Bryant.

I'm going to watch his game again and also watch his game against FMT, FMT was his only loss. I just don't have the horses anywhere to make this a tough game for him.

if you want to win, maybe you shouldn't be divulging your strats in the thread

kinda like how you shouldn't talk about trades in the thread

play cover 3

DJ Bowser

I'm going to watch his game again and also watch his game against FMT, FMT was his only loss. I just don't have the horses anywhere to make this a tough game for him.

Realistically, other than against CB's infuriating running game, those are the games I lose. Against FMT, I wasn't patient enough or tried to force things in. I also didn't realize how inept my run game was until it was too late.

What's wrong with calling hot routes, btw? Some play designs have players being wasted and when you see where the open space in coverage will be, it makes sense to send people to it. Sounds pretty sim. Also, I think the audible and hot route animations are the same.

DJ Bowser

if you want to win, maybe you shouldn't be divulging your strats in the thread

kinda like how you shouldn't talk about trades in the thread
play cover 3

He's probably smokescreening like he does every draft.

Sure, cover 3 works for me!

edit: Sorry for the double post... meant to edit the last one.

DCX

DCX
I feel McKay is his first and second read. RB and TE after. If you sell out to stop McKay you will have a shot. Can't stop it all.

He will adjust, or he won't. Keep his offense off the field. Limit his possessions and he might feel pressured to get his offense going faster due to limited possessions.

If Bryant and his RB has big games, then so be it. His numbers show he is very comfortable doing some things and not others.

DCX

Somnia

Well just got around $2,000 I wasn't expecting. Time to start looking at computer parts to build my PC. Figure I can get one of the new Nvidia cards down the line and just sell the 970 or 980 whichever I end up getting (probably the 970 to save a bit since it'll be replaced sooner than later)

DJ Bowser

I feel McKay is his first and second read. RB and TE after. If you sell out to stop McKay you will have a shot. Can't stop it all.

He will adjust, or he won't. Keep his offense off the field. Limit his possessions and he might feel pressured to get his offense going faster due to limited possessions.

If Bryant and his RB has big games, then so be it. His numbers show he is very comfortable doing some things and not others.

DCX trying to make everyone scheme to stop Mckay so Julio can be WR of the year.

130221984383.jpg

TheCrow

I stopped playing after 5 minutes. UI is shit. If you make a game with tap to advance text boxes on mobile, I should be able to tap anywhere on the text box to advance!

Too bad. I finally got my first pokeball and was saving it for moustache morty. But then I ran across blue shirt morty and actually starting laughing at my desk. Hopefully I can buy more pokeballs soon.

DJ Bowser

I thought I was being cheesy with motes this year but I'm nowhere in Bowser's class as I've found

Bruh! I have Aaron Rodgers and no running game. When I've had games get out of hand I've actively not thrown to Mckay in the 4th quarter or even the whole second half.

You go Sanjuro-mode with Motes.

I was going to type up some reasons for Mckay's stat-boon with explanations of how I read coverage, but that's too much info to give away.

FYIDM.

Bruh! I have Aaron Rodgers and no running game. When I've had games get out of hand I've actively not thrown to Mckay in the 4th quarter or even the whole second half.

You go Sanjuro-mode with Motes.

I was going to type up some reasons for Mckay's stat-boon with explanations of how I read coverage, but that's too much info to give away.

FYIDM.

I go Sanjuro mode with Motes, yet this McKay guy has 1000+ yards and 10 TDs 6 games into the season.

GTFOH.

eznark

Banned

You're trying to kill LJ?

Also they can miraculously bat down passes targeted for 10-15 yards downfield.

DJ Bowser

I go Sanjuro mode with Motes, yet this McKay guy has 1000+ yards and 10 TDs 6 games into the season.

GTFOH.

Compare the game tapes. You continued games that were over just to get the ball back and throw jump balls to Motes. CPU Rams game was Sanjuro-mode. I assume the meaningless Hail Mary vs Smokey was to Motes. It doesn't bug me, but pot-kettle-black and such.

Aaron Rodgers has 2,400 passing yards. Less than half of that is to his leading WR. Sure, Mckay's production is absurd, but so are the team's passing yards so far. Mckay's yardage has been dictated by the flow of the game and like I said, in the couple of blowouts I was in, I stopped throwing it to him to avoid the "stat-padding" comments.

Compare the game tapes. You continued games that were over just to get the ball back and throw jump balls to Motes. CPU Rams game was Sanjuro-mode. I assume the meaningless Hail Mary vs Smokey was to Motes. It doesn't bug me, but pot-kettle-black and such.

Aaron Rodgers has 2,400 passing yards. Less than half of that is to his leading WR. Sure, Mckay's production is absurd, but so are the team's passing yards so far. Mckay's yardage has been dictated by the flow of the game and like I said, in the couple of blowouts I was in, I stopped throwing it to him to avoid the "stat-padding" comments.

1) I don't think you know what Sanjuro mode is
2) You're wrong about the jump ball TD

Yeah, I had one game where I was pursuing stats. One game.

And funny thing is, he's still got half the yardage of this McKay guy.

I should study your tape. Perhaps I should run more easy drag and comeback and slant routes with my guy.

brentech

Man, that RB on GQs team never goes down without breaking a tackle or two. Not saying he picks up a bunch of yards after, but gives you a scare. Read a screen perfectly last night and he just shucks me and takes 3 more players to take him down.

DJ Bowser

1) I don't think you know what Sanjuro mode is
2) You're wrong about the jump ball TD

Yeah, I had one game where I was pursuing stats. One game.

And funny thing is, he's still got half the yardage of this McKay guy.

I should study your tape. Perhaps I should run more easy drag and comeback and slant routes with my guy.
I meant the Sanjuro-CPU-gate game.

Like I said, Mckay's yardage is a side-effect of the offense's yardage. If you studied my tape, you wouldn't talk about me throwing drags or comebacks, friend.

So much hostility today. I still play CB twice, Seahawks, Chiefs, and a revamped Chicago secondary. My offense is doomed to sputter soon enough. Don't fret, guys.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I thought I was being cheesy with motes this year but I'm nowhere in Bowser's class as I've found

GTFOH.

Just read through the series of recent posts about Bowser and the only thing I can surmise is

I had Beckham in the slot like 6-7 times in one game against him because the formation puts my #1 WR in that spot. Bowser is the only person to have ever complained about it. Admittedly I have been twinsing more this year

Top Bottom