• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

golden state is unstoppable

there isn't too much you can do against them except just try to play good defense and hope that a few guys aren't on their game that night. that is the only way they can be beaten.... and i don't think another team can get 4 of those types of games in a 7 game series. short of a major injury, it's looking like b2b for MY warriors!

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Does anyone have any game tape on the Dolphins? I went back a few weeks in the thread and none of drizz streams are archived. My next game is against them and its a 'toilet bowl' battle of two win less teams. I'd like to prepare as best I can to get my first win of the season. If anyone has an archived stream of the dolphins playing let me know.

nvm - found an archived stream on splat's channel

DJ Bowser

CB do you want to run for 250 yards against me and throw for 100 yards on 3 screens in about an hour?

Edit: Rob, make him throw and let your defensive backs pick him off.

Does anyone have any game tape on the Dolphins? I went back a few weeks in the thread and none of drizz streams are archived. My next game is against them and its a 'toilet bowl' battle of two win less teams. I'd like to prepare as best I can to get my first win of the season. If anyone has an archived stream of the dolphins playing let me know.

nvm - found an archived stream on splat's channel

Get the fuck out of here. When can you play?

Greg

Greg I just got lucky that my line held up. Honest to god, I try all that shit on FMT/CB and I just get fucking sacked, I'm glad I hit some of those, felt good for a change, but it will be back to reality when I play against a better DL.
I was going to start blitzing more like I always do, but I never even had a chance to settle in

had the post-game screen left up - saw your QB was 7-9 with 35 yard average... unreal!

Colasante

I wish people would stop throwing interceptions to Brandon Marshall. I thought Devin McCourty would be leading the league with 9 but somehow Marshall already has 11.

Week 12: Bears vs. Lions

http://www.twitch.tv/thelostbigboss

Trasher your team is so fucked up it's not even letting you play.

"The lions roster does not meet the minimum positional requirements."

I think you need to go and get a center from FA and put him in the rotation, your only starting center is out and the game needs at least one of every position to play a game.

Trasher

Week 12: Bears vs. Lions

http://www.twitch.tv/thelostbigboss

Trasher your team is so fucked up it's not even letting you play.

"The lions roster does not meet the minimum positional requirements."

I think you need to go and get a center from FA and put him in the rotation, your only starting center is out and the game needs at least one of every position to play a game.
Lol fucking sim games always destroying my roster. My poor rookie center. :(

DJ Bowser

GG. Screens and cheese and screens and cheese and I get warped into a blocker when I see it coming to lose the game and screens.

And I'm the cheesy one! I didn't deserve to win because I got lucky on a few stupid passes (and unlucky on a wrong-button pick) but it would be nice to not lose a close game like THAT.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
GG. Screens and cheese and screens and cheese and I get warped into a blocker when I see it coming to lose the game and screens.

And I'm the cheesy one! I didn't deserve to win because I got lucky on a few stupid passes (and unlucky on a wrong-button pick) but it would be nice to not lose a close game like THAT.

my screens worked, yours didnt, friend. what can i say? Clearly there must be something to the defense played against them.

DJ Bowser

my screens worked, yours didnt, friend. what can i say? Clearly there must be something to the defense played against them.

Rewatch the last screen where I snuffed it out and got sucked into a block even though people (including you) have said they can't block before it's caught.

Mckay in the slot works too. Maybe the next State of the League Address could include repeated abuse of screens in high-pressure situations?

I just think all cheese should be equally respected or renounced.

Smokey

Rewatch the last screen where I snuffed it out and got sucked into a block even though people (including you) have said they can't block before it's caught.

Mckay in the slot works too. Maybe the next State of the League Address could include repeated abuse of screens in high-pressure situations?

I just think all cheese should be equally respected or renounced.

I've said it before...people will do what they need to do when it's crunch time. League commishs or us plebs. Do you. I mean don't go full MUT, but for the most part stop worrying about what's cheese and what's not and just play.

DJ Bowser

I've said it before...people will do what they need to do when it's crunch time. League commishs or us plebs. Do you. I mean don't go full MUT, but for the most part stop worrying about what's cheese and what's not and just play.

I just want it to be open that there's a sliding scale of what's acceptable depending on who is calling the play.

Screen-shaming should be as prevalent as slot-shaming.

CB3

Pretty sure you ran two screens close to the end to my one. And you did yours first. Mad because my one worked and your two didnt? Maybe learn how to defend them properly.

DJ Bowser

Pretty sure you ran two screens close to the end to my one. And you did yours first. Mad because my one worked and your two didnt? Maybe learn how to defend them properly.

You ran at least 5 or 6. You have formation that has screens to 3 different players all designed to look like the same play. You use them all.

My screens also worked well. I averaged 9 yards or so on them. I don't throw screens until my opponent does.

I defended the last one well (because I knew it was coming) and got suctioned into a block that shouldn't have been thrown on it. It was an otherwise good game and I would have liked to have seen that situation end with some more legitimate play-calling..

The "if you don't like it, then stop it!" defense is used to defend every sort of cheesy tactic. I don't mind it, I just don't like the double standard.

edit: I shouldn't say the playcalling is what bugged me. The game deciding to block my guy there inexplicably is what bugged me. I'm mad that I did the right thing and was punished for it.

CB3

FqrQpeq.gif

To me, it looks like you were controlling the DB in the flat from a cover 3, hesitated, (you should have shot the gap as soon as you read it was a screen) then got bowled over by one of the 3 linemen ahead of you.

If you were even a half a second quicker or more decisive, thats a tackle for loss, and this isnt even a discussion. Maybe even if you had a linebacker instead of a DB so you could have shed the lineman block.

DJ Bowser

Someone told me- you I believe- that the AI on linemen on screens is so bad because they can't block until the ball is caught. This defies that notion.

Trasher

GG Trasher, goes to show all you need is a fucking monster like Megatron who doesn't care about double/triple coverage and you can make it a game!
GG! It's pretty fun to finally be able to play with no lag! Those are the games I wish we were playing all along. I forgot what it was like to pass that much too. So used to running the ball with Abdullah these days. Maybe it was a good thing he got injured haha.

Top Bottom