• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

GG! It's pretty fun to finally be able to play with no lag! Those are the games I wish we were playing all along. I forgot what it was like to pass that much too. So used to running the ball with Abdullah these days. Maybe it was a good thing he got injured haha.

As long as Calvin eats up corners like that and you have Ebron, your passing game is gonna be fine!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Someone told me- you I believe- that the AI on linemen on screens is so bad because they can't block until the ball is caught. This defies that notion.

In this game they generally dont start blocking until the ball is caught. I wouldnt say thats a clear cut rule. Its not like they cant and the ball was already in the air and damn near in Matthews hands when you ate the block. If you had shot the gap quicker im 99% sure they would have left you untouched.

LukeSmith

So after the stream went off:

Up 16-14, I stopped Cola with 1:30 left.
Then proceeded to COMPLETELY mismanage the drive trying to move the ball instead of bleeding his timeouts. Punted to him.

He got the ball with many hours left on the clock.
Marched down the field, got to about the 24 yard line with 4 seconds left.

Missed a FG goal to win.

It would've been a good one to see.

Then proceeded to COMPLETELY mismanage the drive trying to move the ball instead of bleeding his timeouts. Punted to him.

Missed a FG goal to win.

Please get a shareplay vid of this

LukeSmith

Burfeind-fig1.jpg

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Which plays aren't cheese?

Yeah honestly, I think I have called exactly 1 screen in league play in this year's game but it's not cheese, you guys are crazy. I have no issues stopping them with the right play call. If I don't see it coming then I get fucked.

That said I used to be way more effective stopping them when I was on the DL.

eznark

Banned
Some people blitz a ton, so I call a lot of screens. Some people never blitz or play man, so I don't.

I couldn't stop you does not equal you are a cheeser.

Probably a wine and cheese joke in there for the grape jockey.

rinse82

Missed a FG goal to win.

Maybe Cola thought he was punting and habit took over, 25% kick power + to the right.

eznark

Banned
Played like 40 minutes of the witness this morning. Neat little game. I skipped one puzzle because it seemed like I wasn't supposed to do it yet. Everything else has been a breeze, but I can tell it'll get tricky.

So far, it's not pretentious!

DJ Bowser

Some people blitz a ton, so I call a lot of screens. Some people never blitz or play man, so I don't.

I couldn't stop you does not equal you are a cheeser.

Probably a wine and cheese joke in there for the grape jockey.

You miss that actual point of what I was saying.

Is anyone going to play the division beta this weekend? If so, what platform? I want to give it a try but I'd like to play with the same assholes who give me shit in every other game we play.

Somnia

Is anyone going to play the division beta this weekend? If so, what platform? I want to give it a try but I'd like to play with the same assholes who give me shit in every other game we play.

Smokey and I are gonna be on PC I think, or he claims he will be. I'll be around most of this weekend playing it on PC though.

Nightz

Yup, trying it on PS4.

Also a new TMNT game made by Platinum Games was announced. Kinda excited.

Smokey

Smokey and I are gonna be on PC I think, or he claims he will be. I'll be around most of this weekend playing it on PC though.

I Pre-ordered it on PC to get the code, but then you have to activate the code within Uplay, which then sends the real code to your attached email. Well my Uplay attached email doesn't exist anymore so I'm stuck.

Somebody pls help

I Pre-ordered it on PC to get the code, but then you have to activate the code within Uplay, which then sends the real code to your attached email. Well my Uplay attached email doesn't exist anymore so I'm stuck.

Somebody pls help

Use the method I mentioned earlier and play the beta on ps4. Then do pc for full release

Somnia

Use the method I mentioned earlier and play the beta on ps4. Then do pc for full release

Did this just now. I have it pre-ordered on Steam so I don't have to do the uplay crap that Smokey mentioned, guess I'll play the beta on PS4 with you guys when you're around and on PC to see how it runs, etc.

DJ Bowser

Which was?

There's a double standard on what is considered acceptable or cheesy based on who is calling the plays. It's why in streams, I'll call anything successful (scrambling, hit-stick, etc) cheese because the common complaints are anything "insert current opponent" or certain people do that works is called exploitative by people.

I blame people calling Soka's pistol running cheesy last year for his pick 6-laden blowout loss to FMT in the Super Bowl.

eznark

Banned
There's a double standard on what is considered acceptable or cheesy based on who is calling the plays. It's why in streams, I'll call anything successful (scrambling, hit-stick, etc) cheese because the common complaints are anything "insert current opponent" or certain people do that works is called exploitative by people.

I blame people calling Soka's pistol running cheesy last year for his pick 6-laden blowout loss to FMT in the Super Bowl.

That's a really terrible point. I think you'd have been better off with me missing it.

Your tears are crying now. That's sad. I feel bad for you.

TheCrow

I think the choice is easy. Me, Nightz and Shake on PS4 or Smokey and Somnia on PC.

hqdefault.jpg

Top Bottom