• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

BigAT

Birdman02

GG CB. It was fun watching my CB get warped outside so your WR could get inside position on that last TD. He still almost knocked it out but I guess it wasn't meant to be.

Even better....my last Hail Mary goes as a dropped pass!

Birdman02

It really was an awesome back and forth chess match. I hate that it feels like I lost just because I lost 2 coin flips on jump balls.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
It really was an awesome back and forth chess match. I hate that it feels like I lost just because I lost 2 coin flips on jump balls.

i know the feeling. but to be fair my guy was in single coverage on that play. i saw your safety cheating up pre play so i hot routed Nelson to a streak and i knew if that dude moved a step out of place the ball was going there no matter what. Nelson lives for those 1 on 1 jump balls.

To be fair to you, i totally thought your guy was coming down with it on the last play. It just looked like one of those catches waiting to be set up.

Greg

GG, LJ - wish I was in the stream on that one

I can't play any better than that on offense... mixed it up, took what you gave me

big play after big play for you on offense when I wasn't even playing with any risk on D - one of the most frustrating games I've played in a long time!

greg i am so sorry
that had to be entertaining as fuck for people watching though!

LJ11

You played a great game Greg. I made a bunch of mistakes on D and you found everyone of them. I just locked on Joyner and was jumping flats all the way. I hate when the back is neutral because you're not sure if he's swinging to the flat and once he went to the right flat I thought fuck, but then I just broke when the receiver stopped on the hitch and took it home. I couldn't slow your O down at all, feel helpless at times but the DL bails me out.

DJ Bowser

I want to advance, but I don't want to know the pain of Demarco Murray playing me without Sean Lee's 95+ Play Rec and Awareness saving me.

rinse82

You played a great game Greg. I made a bunch of mistakes on D and you found everyone of them. I just locked on Joyner and was jumping flats all the way. I hate when the back is neutral because you're not sure if he's swinging to the flat and once he went to the right flat I thought fuck, but then I just broke when the receiver stopped on the hitch and took it home. I couldn't slow your O down at all, feel helpless at times but the DL bails me out.

Teach me how to juke

LJ11

Your ability to scramble was hard to contain, before you fumbled I'm like I have to contain and spy here, but what if he runs the ball? I was dead set on spying but never spied, and then I got the bailout fumble.

You really had me, I like that motioned to flood some zones. I wish your run game was better, those pistol runs are shit unless in some inside zone.

Teach me how to juke

Sure. And this isn't something I found, it's been in the game since they created this new animation engine. First you have to pay attention to what hand the ball carrier has the ball in, in this example it will be his right hand. So as you're running, hit the right stick in the direction he's carrying ball in (his right hand) and then cut it back across the grain with the left and and right stick (left on both sticks). So basically, you go right left really quick on the right stick, and then left on the left stick. Right left quickly on the right stick and then left stick is your pointer. It's easy as fuck and fucking amazing. Google/Youtube Madden double juke if you want more, plenty of vids.

Edit: Always here to help, PM or just ask in the thread, my book is open. I honestly just love to play and talk Madden, it's my only vice.

Greg

Your ability to scramble was hard to contain, before you fumbled I'm like I have to contain and spy here, but what if he runs the ball? I was dead set on spying but never spied, and then I got the bailout fumble.

You really had me, I like that motioned to flood some zones. I wish your run game was better, those pistol runs are shit unless in some inside zone.
ran the same play earlier in the game and went deep because I saw you taking the underneath guy (was the 3rd and 10 drop I had) - got the same exact look on the INT... no clue why I tried going there

and yeah, I usually attempt to run a lot more than that... playbook is trash for runs, miss my inside zone plays from Texans books

I don't know what else I was supposed to do on defense

LJ11

ran the same play earlier in the game and went deep because I saw you taking the underneath guy (was the 3rd and 10 drop I had) - got the same exact look on the INT... no clue why I tried going there

and yeah, I usually attempt to run a lot more than that... playbook is trash for runs, miss my inside zone plays from Texans books

I don't know what else I was supposed to do on defense

Greg I just got lucky that my line held up. Honest to god, I try all that shit on FMT/CB and I just get fucking sacked, I'm glad I hit some of those, felt good for a change, but it will be back to reality when I play against a better DL.

Top Bottom