• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '17 PS4 Online League Thread: DOTA is dead, long live DOTA

dm and i played into the 4th Q and i was up 24-3 when he got dc so he said i could have the win. i debated simming it but because kap got a serious injury, and gabbert was horrible, i didn't want to risk injury sim so i played CPU. never again. i won the game but it wasn't fun at all.

first off, "slow" in single player is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay slower than "slow" online. secondly, there isn't shit i could do about robo winston. third, the cpu would just crowd the box anytime i came out to run. and finally, aguyo hit a 55 yard fg AGAINST the wind.... unless the wind meter is correct in single player for some reason.

I don't think I've noticed the wind meter being wrong

Maybe I don't know how it works, but mine's been messed up. Arrow points one direction but the wind goes the other way. I usually just figure out on opening kick off when I'll have the wind, but left/right scares me a little.

brentech

All I'm saying is that I haven't noticed it, because I largely base my kicks on whether or not I kick them well. Kicking is hard enough that I'm probably not going to try a extra long kick just because the wind is at my back.
I just haven't taken the time to notice one way or another.

All I'm saying is that I haven't noticed it, because I largely base my kicks on whether or not I kick them well. Kicking is hard enough that I'm probably not going to try a extra long kick just because the wind is at my back.
I just haven't taken the time to notice one way or another.
It's pretty noticeable when the wind is going sideways

brentech

Quick note about my availability this weekend: Brother and his wife are staying here Saturday night and into Sunday. Not sure when they'll get here Saturday, presumably morning/afternoon. Not likely to play when they are here.

Smokey must have been really busy last night. Didn't even get on for 2k at all! We needed you!

Still don't think we've lost a game with Smokes in the lineup.

Smokey

Smokey must have been really busy last night. Didn't even get on for 2k at all! We needed you!

Still don't think we've lost a game with Smokes in the lineup.

I got hit with an allergy attack. Took medicine and was knocked out around 8p.

What was the damage on the Ls? Lost more than one?

Also I'm rethinking my SF Shot Creator. I could never really find a groove when I used him in the games a few days ago. I think I made him too tall. Shot Creators are supposed to have great handles and shoot off the dribble ability, but because he's 6'10 he's handles are trash.

Might press reset on him and make another around 6'5 or so. 6'10 Sharpshooter would've been legit...

I got hit with an allergy attack. Took medicine and was knocked out around 8p.

What was the damage on the Ls? Lost more than one?

Also I'm rethinking my SF Shot Creator. I could never really find a groove when I used him in the games a few days ago. I think I made him too tall. Shot Creators are supposed to have great handles and shoot off the dribble ability, but because he's 6'10 he's handles are trash.

Might press reset on him and make another around 6'5 or so. 6'10 Sharpshooter would've been legit...

We had won 2 or 3 in a row then took two straight Ls on last second possessions. Got smothered by athletic finishers who are apparently OP. We just kept trotting out lineups that didn't have much shooting on it and that athletic finisher kept doing athletic things against our bigs.

I like that shot creator of yours, the 6'10 makes him a little lanky and slower, but his release point is pretty high. I think another sharpshooter would be nice but there's something fun about having a shot creator---reminds me of Pierce/Allen.

I feel like ultimately the best lineup would be something like playmaker, shooter, shooter/creator, stretch big, athletic/post/rim protector big.

Somnia

Man this grilled chicken buffalo wrap I got from our cafeteria at work was SO GOOD. Usually that place is very hit or miss, but they got a new chef and that guy knows what he's doing.

Smokey

We had won 2 or 3 in a row then took two straight Ls on last second possessions. Got smothered by athletic finishers who are apparently OP. We just kept trotting out lineups that didn't have much shooting on it and that athletic finisher kept doing athletic things against our bigs.

I like that shot creator of yours, the 6'10 makes him a little lanky and slower, but his release point is pretty high. I think another sharpshooter would be nice but there's something fun about having a shot creator---reminds me of Pierce/Allen.

I feel like ultimately the best lineup would be something like playmaker, shooter, shooter/creator, stretch big, athletic/post/rim protector big.

The problem with my SF is he's only good for shots off the dribble, which I have maxed out. His standalone mid range is capped at a small amount, and his 3 pt even lower. His handle is supposed to be good hence the ankle breaker badge, but hes so tall that he is artificially capped there too. Essentially he's only good for moving 2s, and layups/dunks.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Holy shit, was looking at the Bears roster, sorry Bird. They are almost completely bereft of even B level talent let alone A. At least you have Alshon, Trevathan, and McPhee....

I should be available Saturday afternoon and evening, and Sunday evening. Maybe tonight depending on when we advance.

Bread

Banned
little big boy wants everyone to know that his white receivers are on the block

can we get him unbanned please i don't want to keep doing this

The problem with my SF is he's only good for shots off the dribble, which I have maxed out. His standalone mid range is capped at a small amount, and his 3 pt even lower. His handle is supposed to be good hence the ankle breaker badge, but hes so tall that he is artificially capped there too. Essentially he's only good for moving 2s, and layups/dunks.

Pretty much agreed. The variety is fun but it won't get the best results.

I love the idea of the builds they came out with, but they need to refine them a little bit more. I do think all of them have their effectiveness, but some are deficient in places that don't make sense, and then you have that athletic finisher who was draining threes because he had catch and shoot and the PG had dimer.

BigAT

little big boy wants everyone to know that his white receivers are on the block

can we get him unbanned please i don't want to keep doing this
I know you're new to the league and might not know better, but you can just ignore him like the rest of us do.

Smokey

Pretty much agreed. The variety is fun but it won't get the best results.

I love the idea of the builds they came out with, but they need to refine them a little bit more. I do think all of them have their effectiveness, but some are deficient in places that don't make sense, and then you have that athletic finisher who was draining threes because he had catch and shoot and the PG had dimer.

Yep.

Im gonna look at the archetypes again, and probably make another player. My PG SS is fine. Good at everything. He's maxed in all categories except strength and rebounding, which I don't care for in a SS build anyway. Grand Badge and HoF badges there. I'm pretty much done with his build.

But I do want a taller player too, and I thought SC SF was the answer, but I didn't pay attention to his badges and the ramifications of his attributes when making him taller. I was thinking of KD when I made him, but 2k made it so that's not gonna happen. I'm not sure that's a bad thing tbh.

Birdman02

Holy shit, was looking at the Bears roster, sorry Bird. They are almost completely bereft of even B level talent let alone A. At least you have Alshon, Trevathan, and McPhee....

I should be available Saturday afternoon and evening, and Sunday evening. Maybe tonight depending on when we advance.

Yeah man. This roster is pretty rough. Like you said, the LB group is OK, but that's about it. Alshon is a beast, but I need a QB that can consistently get him the ball. Cutler could be decent, but he is wildly inconsistent.

I won't be around tonight, but Saturday should work. I don't really have any plans other than 2 softball games Sunday evening.

If you end up not doing Reggie Miller, I would suggest that PF like I mentioned. You'll be like a young Shawn Kemp, but hopefully the other person we play with has a shooter. TBH I haven't been terribly overwhelmed by point forward, because when we play with a playmaker and point forward it feels redundant so that's probably why.

Top Bottom