• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '17 PS4 Online League Thread: DOTA is dead, long live DOTA

There's a place in Austin I've never been to, but always wanted to. It's called Franklin Barbecue. You have to start waiting in the morning (Some people line up as early as 8 AM for an 11 AM opening) so you can get a seat when it opens. My friends have all sworn by it and they're way bigger food snobs than I am.

w6nGJZc.jpg

Great now I'm hungry!

BigAT

Posted this elsewhere as well, but does anyone have good pillow recommendations? I just got a new mattress that I'm really enjoying, but I feel like I've gone through 10 pillows without finding something I really like. I'm a side/stomach sleeper and feel like I can never get something firm enough for what I want.

Posted this elsewhere as well, but does anyone have good pillow recommendations? I just got a new mattress that I'm really enjoying, but I feel like I've gone through 10 pillows without finding something I really like. I'm a side/stomach sleeper and feel like I can never get something firm enough for what I want.

are you trying to trigger drizz with how dainty you are being rn?

sleep on the floor like a real man

DCX

DCX
I would like to know also. I feel I have neglected this part of sleep all my life :/

DCX

Smokey

I got a temperpedic pillow or something similar (memory type foam) when I got my new mattress a few years ago. Was pricey, but I haven't had any neck problems.

Dunno how much you want to spend tho. Im a firm believer that your bed and pillows should be as good as you can afford.

Baby Blues is really good!

There's another place on Lincoln a little further south that is also good. Morfia's Ribs and Pies.

I had my friend from Texas give me her list of approved BBQ places in LA last year when I was working with a couple of Southern Transplants. There's a couple of places and they aren't all in hipster areas!

Somnia

I know not many in here have an XB1, but if you do we need to buy Dead Rising 4 Deluxe Edition this December for this mode:

Super Ultra Dead Rising 4 Mini Golf: You’ve mastered the outbreak – now it’s time to master the green, with eighteen holes of pure wanton destruction you can play with up to three friends online. Flip zombies the birdie where bloodthirsty, over the top zombie mayhem is par for the course. The world of Super Ultra Dead Rising 4 Mini Golf is extreme and the fairways are the town of Willamette, Colorado, including the iconic Willamette Memorial Megaplex Mall. Use Frank West’s favorite weapons as your set of golf clubs. With an oversized golf ball, drive down the fairways, reaching for the green to nail the perfect putt. Watch your score as you do not want to bogey in this zombie filled eighteen-hole golf course. Mini golf is made crazier with the zombie horde as obstructions and hazards. Dead Rising Fore!

brentech

My Destiny PS4 hasn't done that bullshit eject disc in a long while, I even bought FIFA on disc and it hasn't done it. So I'm currently doing the PS4 to PS4 transfer to the launch PS4 in the living room that currently acts as my blu ray player. (kind of amazing they can transfer 350GB in less than 1 hour)

When that's done, I'll transfer the destiny PS4 down there and if there are no problems over the next couple weeks with eject disc, I'll just trade in the launch model. I'm doing all of this just to avoid going to gamestop. And if it fails, I'll just throw the destiny PS4 into the basement and have 3 PS4s, because why not?

There's a place in Austin I've never been to, but always wanted to. It's called Franklin Barbecue. You have to start waiting in the morning (Some people line up as early as 8 AM for an 11 AM opening) so you can get a seat when it opens. My friends have all sworn by it and they're way bigger food snobs than I am.

w6nGJZc.jpg

Great now I'm hungry!

Oh man I lived in Austin for 5 years and I never made it to Franklins! Always regretted it!

brentech

Game is good, but a handful of nags about BF1 on consoles:
1) There is no way to exit after a round. You have to wait until the next round starts, then leave the game.
2) In conjunction with (1), games take a long time to load.
3) Button presses in menus, such as going to the scoreboard during a match, is delayed and overall has poor response time, making you overshoot your intended menu item. Don't even bother trying to scroll the scoreboard list.
4) It seems textures are dumbed down a bit. I remember it looking a lot cleaner on PC. Hopefully BF will do something positive with the PS4 Pro in that regard.

Somnia

AT you ok with going at 9:30 CST so I can watch this shit show of a debate?

If not I can play during it just figured I'd ask :)

LJ11

I'm a stomach sleeper almost exclusively and did a bunch of research last year. At the end of the day I dropped the pillow entirely, and my neck thanks me for it. I use a towel, fold it up and go to sleep on my stomach. Around 5am I get on my side, but I use a regular pillow for that, nothing fancy. I slept more on my stomach than side so it was better to just remove the pillow entirely, though I do have a couple next to me for when I get on my side.

I think we play this week, let me know what's good.

DJ Bowser

Jabee, I'll likely be home earlier than expected. If you can go around 9:30 I can play then, if not I'd like to wait until 10:30 EST. The Mrs and I are enjoying this season of South Park.

BigAT

AT you ok with going at 9:30 CST so I can watch this shit show of a debate?

If not I can play during it just figured I'd ask :)
Hey man, I randomly got offered free tickets to the Rangers game tonight and completely forgot about our game, so I'm at that.

How late can you potentially go tonight? Not sure when I'll be home.

Somnia

Hey man, I randomly got offered free tickets to the Rangers game tonight and completely forgot about our game, so I'm at that.

How late can you potentially go tonight? Not sure when I'll be home.

I have to be up pretty early for work, latest would be like 10:30 CST. I can go tomorrow at 6-6:30CST if that works better? Advance isn't till 10 pst I think.

Nightz

Az, came home and the whole street is out of power. Will let you know if it comes back by our scheduled time.

Edit: It's back.

Top Bottom