• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '17 PS4 Online League Thread: DOTA is dead, long live DOTA

brentech

I get a sandwich or breakfast sandwich, but this NY Bagel Deli is the best. Muffin tops. I wish I was a fatty
yiRlkUx.jpg

Played through the airplane vignette. It was pretty cool. I like the way they did this. Dota should do this with their tutorials. Make a little vignette for each class.

DJ Bowser

Costco Muffins are amazing until you look up the nutritional facts. I was eating one or two a day until I saw each of them had roughly 800 calories and 55g of saturated fat.

No wonder they're so damn good.

Costco Muffins are amazing until you look up the nutritional facts. I was eating one or two a day until I saw each of them had roughly 800 calories and 55g of saturated fat.

No wonder they're so damn good.

Oh yeah, I love the fuck out of the chocolate muffins, but could definitely just take one at a time. Or once a day.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I rented BF1 since everyone seems fairly positive on it.

They did a really good (?) job making this shit feel fucking raw in a way that is honestly kind of off putting.

brentech

They did a really good (?) job making this shit feel fucking raw in a way that is honestly kind of off putting.

If you haven't, put on headphones and get in a armored vehicle, listen to the shells just clanking around inside as you mow down people.
zsLfGcY.gif

Bread

Banned

Yeah the intro was kind of a lot, like they want it to feel like a war simulator.

DJ Bowser

Smokey

Yeah the intro was kind of a lot, like they want it to feel like a war simulator.

The intro took me back. In a good way. Along with the graphics DICE sound game is the best in the business, imo. That really more than anything contributes to that raw feeling to me.

BigAT

it was just extremely bleak in a way that felt different from other BF games to me.

They failed to capture the uplifting, idyllic nature of World War I?

Speaking of which, anyone ever seen Paths of Glory? It's a great old Kirk Douglas movie centered around WW1. Depressing as hell.

Weird that on a day when the whole internet goes down GAF survives.

Yeah, I'm enjoying the atmosphere. WWI is a whole different animal than any other war and so far they've managed to really capture the charnel house feel and the kind of strange and almost anachronistic feel of the new human killing technologies that were developed for WWI and then immediately surpassed after the war. It's a fascinating time in history and it seems like they've nailed it.

Blowing up blimps is the highlight of video games in 2016.

Paths of Glory might be my favorite Kubrick film after Dr. Strangelove.

Weird that on a day when the whole internet goes down GAF survives.

Yeah, I'm enjoying the atmosphere. WWI is a whole different animal than any other war and so far they've managed to really capture the charnel house feel and the kind of strange and almost anachronistic feel of the new human killing technologies that were developed for WWI and then immediately surpassed after the war. It's a fascinating time in history and it seems like they've nailed it.

Blowing up blimps is the highlight of video games in 2016.

Paths of Glory might be my favorite Kubrick film after Dr. Strangelove.

Paths of glory is also a great faith no more song

Bread

Banned
They failed to capture the uplifting, idyllic nature of World War I?

Speaking of which, anyone ever seen Paths of Glory? It's a great old Kirk Douglas movie centered around WW1. Depressing as hell.
I mean it's not like I expected them to make light of WW1, it was just that no BF game has ever felt like that.

A Cubs-Indians series is my worst nightmare.

Please god don't allow this to take place.
Chicago and Cleveland, home of all stars Dwyane Wade and Lebron James

I mean it's not like I expected them to make light of WW1, it was just that no BF game has ever felt like that.

Chicago and Cleveland, home of all stars Dwyane Wade and Lebron James
Wow, I didn't even consider that angle lmao. Nothing against Cubs and Indians fans, I want them to stay miserable
That hate runs deep son.
no hatred could match how I feel about Dion Waiters being on a one year contract with the Heat

Az, when can I lose again?

Awwwww shit I just found out I won a raffle at this skate event for a guy with cancer that was next door to work. I find out what I won tomorrow, I put in for like 5 different baskets.

BigAT

I've come up against a couple of these in recent weeks. You can't change to your kick returner or do anything about it. It's a really shitty situation.

Yeah, I was really worried that it was going to land on one of my blockers and I was going to turn it over. Thankfully they all managed to avoid it.

Top Bottom