• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '17 PS4 Online League Thread: DOTA is dead, long live DOTA

gg brent. i made some risky throws on all of those int's and you made good plays on them. the only one i was scratching my head over was the last one where kap threw like 10 yards away from the intended receiver. on the first pick you had (the pick 6), i was just trying to play conservative and was going to run some clock to go into the half. stupid ass mike davis took so long to make that cut and you read it. i should've just run the ball. on a couple others kaps arm just didn't get it there in time. also on your 2nd to last play, i was trying to audible and then flip the play, then when i was trying to cycle back through to get to armstrong or bowman the play was already happening and then you got sacked. no ill intent there!

as for the XP, i'm not sure what to make of it. i had a few guys who got a lot of points, and i THOUGHT one of them was the LB of the year armstrong, but it wasn't! i got points for reid, lynch, and a couple others. i didn't check their season goals but one thing i did notice in the post game after our playoff game is it said "top offensive earners" and trent brown had like 25k points... which obviously he did not earn in that game so i wonder if part of the problem is the "top earners" post game screen is possibly cumulative? except now thinking on that, i think i saw it said bucker 1500 pts and i know for a fact he has earned more than 1500 xp this season. i dont know!

brentech

i was trying to audible and then flip the play, then when i was trying to cycle back through to get to armstrong or bowman the play was already happening and then you got sacked. no ill intent there!
Sometimes I might notice that, but I was focused on Jordy's break and I got hit before it happened so I had no idea who you were controlling. I don't know if you single audible blitzes on defense, and you don't have to say, but fuck, your team was getting so much pressure so quickly in what looked like basic Cover 2/3 schemes.
Even short/mid routes I was getting hit while getting the ball out. Lucky I didn't fumble like 5 times. I think that pressure really made the game. It was devastating and ended a couple drives when I had a guy open on 3rd down - including in the redzone.
Regardless, not going to win a game when you only put up 10 points with turnovers in your favor.
gg

edit: also, EA is dumpster tier this past week

w6VmHl4.png

Sometimes I might notice that, but I was focused on Jordy's break and I got hit before it happened so I had no idea who you were controlling. I don't know if you single audible blitzes on defense, and you don't have to say, but fuck, your team was getting so much pressure so quickly in what looked like basic Cover 2/3 schemes.
Even short/mid routes I was getting hit while getting the ball out. Lucky I didn't fumble like 5 times. I think that pressure really made the game. It was devastating and ended a couple drives when I had a guy open on 3rd down - including in the redzone.
Regardless, not going to win a game when you only put up 10 points with turnovers in your favor.
gg

i never single audible blitz (my stream is there for all to see!). sometimes i get lots of pressure, and other times my team does nothing in the pressure department (like what happened vs. the falcons).

the only thing i do on defense audible wise is i sometimes will play inside/outside shading, and sometimes shift my line but other than that i pretty much run the plays as they are

brentech

i never single audible blitz (my stream is there for all to see!). sometimes i get lots of pressure, and other times my team does nothing in the pressure department (like what happened vs. the falcons).

the only thing i do on defense audible wise is i sometimes will play inside/outside shading, and sometimes shift my line but other than that i pretty much run the plays as they are
Please don't take that the wrong way. I'm not saying it was an issue even if someone did. Just saying your guys were getting home often.
Only time that shit matters is when people do it and overload, which you clearly don't do. I was as just spitballing.
Thinking back defense has had games like that as well. I just wanted an ounce of pressure on your drop backs =[

Got outplayed on offense. We both got our stops, just did it different ways.

Please don't take that the wrong way. I'm not saying it was an issue even if someone did. Just saying your guys were getting home often.
Only time that shit matters is when people do it and overload, which you clearly don't do. I was as just spitballing.
Thinking back defense has had games like that as well. I just wanted an ounce of pressure on your drop backs =[

rng struck before the game! as for you not getting pressure, yeah your guys didn't really sniff kap once. i wish they did... maybe i wouldn't have thrown so many picks :(

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Some guys jumped in development level for me. Barr went from quick to superstar and Treadwell jumped to quick. Is it dependent on legacy? Barr didn't do much for me this year.

I don't get it why my guys didn't get jack all for XP when you guys getting 50k plus, this game is bunk as fuck

I think it is based on how established the player is. Neal is a rookie I think so he got like DROY and something else and probably a bunch of XP for making the pro bowl. Like Treadwell is a rookie and got something like 12k for making the pro bowl.

DCX

DCX
Some guys jumped in development level for me. Barr went from quick to superstar and Treadwell jumped to quick. Is it dependent on legacy? Barr didn't do much for me this year.

I think it is based on how established the player is. Neal is a rookie I think so he got like DROY and something else and probably a bunch of XP for making the pro bowl. Like Treadwell is a rookie and got something like 12k for making the pro bowl.
I look at his progression and it was making the pro bowl and being defensive rookie of the year.

Older players get bonus XP for making multiple pro bowls. I think Neal gets another 20k+ for making back to back pro bowls.

Neal is about to be a beast!

Spent some of those sweet points in raising his speed. From 87 to 90 and he got a sweet Superstar trait bonus too.

DCX

Mario Edwards got 30K in XP, which is bullshit because he was the benefit of everybody gameplanning to avoid JIHAD, who should be the one getting the XP.

Nightz

Cola, when are you available to play? I should be around after the Chargers game tonight. Or in the off chance you're around in the next 30 minutes, I'm available.

BigAT

I don't get it why my guys didn't get jack all for XP when you guys getting 50k plus, this game is bunk as fuck

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. Most I had was one person sitting at 11K and I'm pretty sure I hadn't upgraded him in a while, so I don't think nearly all of that was just from the offseason boost.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I look at his progression and it was making the pro bowl and being defensive rookie of the year.
Just checked, same with Treadwell going from Normal to Quick and Anthony Barr went from Quick to Superstar - it is on the Pro Bowl Appearance progression line.

Waynes, Treadwell, Bridgewater, and Barr got some XP for the PB appearances. All of these guys are 2nd year or lower and only Barr had gotten a PB appearance last year - he was by far the lowest earner. That established players get lower XP makes sense.

DCX

DCX
Just checked, same with Treadwell going from Normal to Quick and Anthony Barr went from Quick to Superstar - it is on the Pro Bowl Appearance progression line.

Waynes, Treadwell, Bridgewater, and Barr got some XP for the PB appearances. All of these guys are 2nd year or lower and only Barr had gotten a PB appearance last year - he was by far the lowest earner. That established players get lower XP makes sense.
Crazy!

DCX

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...er-lack-confidence-affecting-play-sources-say

Of all the challenges now confronting Houston Texans quarterback Brock Osweiler, one of the most significant involves his confidence, according to league sources.

NFL executives and coaches who have watched Osweiler play believe he has lost confidence, and it has affected his play. They pointed to one particular throw during Monday night's loss to his former team, the Denver Broncos, when Osweiler had one of his tight ends wide open and missed him by about 3 yards. One source said he believed Osweiler's inaccuracy is a direct result of his lack of assurance in his abilities.

Shit, if yall thought the confidence system was bad a few years ago, wait till Madden gets a hold of this!

Wellington, do me a favor. Check Costco and see if they carry Kirkland signature golf balls. I just want to see if they are starting to sell them in stores yet or online only.

They have taken the golf world by storm.

brentech

Wellington, do me a favor. Check Costco and see if they carry Kirkland signature golf balls. I just want to see if they are starting to sell them in stores yet or online only.

Speaking of storms, it just started hailing here. Maybe half the size of golfballs.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.

I was there yesterday and they had them in packs of 24. I don't really golf anymore but noticed them while walking around.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

None and this store has several courses within a 10 mile radius.

I was there yesterday and they had them in packs of 24. I don't really golf anymore but noticed them while walking around.

Yeah that's how they are selling them, two dozen for $30. Considering they perform as well as my one dozen for $40, I'm sold on them. They're an incredible value.

Thanks, where do you live?

Thanks, wells

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
God damn I didn't know you lived that close. I might have to drive out there and get a dozen dozen, save on shipping,

i'd call first to make sure they have em. it looked like they were selling pretty fast.

also they are limit 10 per customer so bring a friend

Do you maybe get the EXP after your playoff run is over? Anyone in the playoffs still get their massive XP boosts?

If there are a bunch of us barely getting any bonus XP that fucking suuuuucks

brentech

I just checked out Eddie Lacy, he was given just:
3200 XP (NFC OPT)
1920XP (NFC RB of the year)
2400XP (2 Pro bowls)
1600XP (1100 Rushing Yards)
Various small gains for for a total = 9224 XP

laugh.gif
mayatomr_laugh.gif
yolo.gif
troll.gif
oexTA6a.gif
cBj1LTf.png

DCX

DCX
I just checked out Eddie Lacy, he was given just:
3200 XP (NFC OPT)
1920XP (NFC RB of the year)
2400XP (2 Pro bowls)
1600XP (1100 Rushing Yards)
Various small gains for for a total = 9224 XP

laugh.gif
mayatomr_laugh.gif
yolo.gif
troll.gif
oexTA6a.gif
cBj1LTf.png
If Lacy was a rookie and did all that =90k

DCX

BigAT

Am I missing something or you can't see the Pro Bowl rosters, even in game?

How the hell are you guys getting 5 digit XP figures just from making the Pro Bowl? JPP got:

1) DL of the Year
2) NFL Sacks Leader
3) 3 Pro Bowls
4) Defensive Player of the Year

and got 7,092 XP from all 4 of those COMBINED.

DCX

DCX
Am I missing something or you can't see the Pro Bowl rosters, even in game?

How the hell are you guys getting 5 digit XP figures just from making the Pro Bowl? JPP got:

1) DL of the Year
2) NFL Sacks Leader
3) 3 Pro Bowls
4) Defensive Player of the Year

and got 7,092 XP from all 4 of those COMBINED.
He's a veteran :/ check out the goals for each player. Young players goals yield greater rewards as it's "harder" to achieve Pro Bowl and NFL awards and milestones in your first couple of years.

Neal is a rookie and he played all season and balled out. He got handsomely rewarded. Julio, despite all his super heroism, maybe 5k

DCX

Splat

Yep, seems like either rookie/sophomore players get more, or players getting probowl/etc for the first time get a bunch more. Had Dennard get 20k, no one else got more than 5k. 60k is nuts tho

Top Bottom