• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '17 PS4 Online League Thread: DOTA is dead, long live DOTA

That kick should not have went in. It should have sailed wide like every other kick that misses the meter that much in this game. That was crazy.

The only thing I can think of is maybe Gano has the clutch trait. I'll have to check next time I'm on. That kick had no business going in. Welli has a right to be pissed, as the icing worked like it should have.

The only thing I can think of is maybe Gano has the clutch trait. I'll have to check next time I'm on. That kick had no business going in. Welli has a right to be pissed, as the icing worked like it should have.

The only thing I'll say is the meter disappears before you click x again so I have no idea where you stopped the meter but it looked to be inaccurate

People attacking me is how I got 13 picks with a garbage lb!

Also wellington doesn't play DL

After that season he cheated he will always wear that scarlet letter to me.

But yeah, can't really do it against some people. Kuechly can intercept anything thrown within 20 yards of him with triangle.

now that triangle actually does something, I'll be ready for you next season!

I'm glad someone will remember this conversation in a couple weeks.

After that season he cheated he will always wear that scarlet letter to me.

But yeah, can't really do it against some people. Kuechly can intercept anything thrown within 20 yards of him with triangle.

I'm glad someone will remember this conversation in a couple weeks.

I don't even user kuechly. He has 99 ratings all over the place. I just let the computer do their thing with him and it usually works out. I control Davis since he has lower ratings and I foolishly believe that I can bridge the awareness gap.

Greg

If we play in a magic league we play in a magic league. You can't just turn it off and on, that's not how magic works!
tHCirT9.gif

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
It is when the only injuries lasting into next year happened during sims

I had a sim in the last game of this year. My team could be dead for the same amount of time for all i know. I didnt check. But thats what i get for not playing my game right?

Further, you dont get to make that decision alone.

I had a sim in the last game of this year. My team could be dead for the same amount of time for all i know. I didnt check. But thats what i get for not playing my game right?

Further, you dont get to make that decision alone.

What about people who played a full game, finished, and it didn't record?

CB3

Yeah that sounds like fun

Its what we've been doing for years!

You act as if this is the first time a disconnect has happened after the game has been decided. Do you know how many times people have had to play the CPU after what should have been a win? Ive even replayed my game with said opponent after a disconnect during a game in which i was practically certain to win given the score/time remaining. I almost lost a game to somnia that I 100% won under that exact circumstance this year.

if you let them play the CPU as many times as they needed to until the original result happened, then that would be fair

Thats always been the case. If you've won once already, I dont mind a person restarting against the CPU if they are getting jobbed by some madden garbage.

Its what we've been doing for years!

You act as if this is the first time a disconnect has happened after the game has been decided. Do you know how many times people have had to play the CPU after what should have been a win? Ive even replayed my game with said opponent after a disconnect during a game in which i was practically certain to win given the score/time remaining.

Well if you, phee and luke want no injury reset I can still sleep with a clean conscience!

Bad luck is a part of the league always has been. Just deal with it is the only fair way to approach this kind of stuff, I feel like it's always been the policy too. The length of this one is why it's even brought up. If it was a week it wouldn't be an issue. But we don't approach any other type of injury like this... You're just creating a grey area where this isn't one. It's not like it's ever something anyone controls... It's just bad luck. GQ (or was it Az?) would've taken this in stride like a champ. CB is right.

brentech

When IR wasn't an option, I kind of understood it, kind of, but there is IR and practice squad, so injuries should be injuries.

CB3

Its a bummer and all. Im sure people dont expect to get that kind of injury in a sim, but bluemax happened to hit the reverse lottery. Same way GQMan got hit with that Beason career ender years back, or people have been screwed out of proper playoff seedings, or really any number of things. Shit happens should be the subtitle to our leagues every year.

The fact that it was:

A.) Considered at all
B.) Going to be implemented
C.) That I heard about it at all in some random strim chat

seems fucking nuts to me.

Well like losing my highest rated offensive lineman for the entire rest of the time we are going to play Madden changes my entire offseason and it really fucking sucks to be penalized so heavily when I didn't do anything wrong. Like if the injury had happened in a normal game then fine, I'd live with it, I lived with all my other injuries this season. But I lost the best guy of my shitty unit, and the only one likely to improve, for the entirety of next year because of some combination of other people's ineptitude.

Does anyone else in the league have a player injured so long that they are missing time next season or am I alone being punished?

I'm with FMT and Blue here. Sometimes there's special circumstances. I think this is one of them. I haven't followed terribly closely, but they finished their game and it didn't record because someone didn't back out, out correct? This isn't the same thing as a normal sim. Blue shouldn't be punished by being forced to play a second game against the AI just because. We don't need to be so set in stone about this.

CB3

Well like losing my highest rated offensive lineman for the entire rest of the time we are going to play Madden changes my entire offseason and it really fucking sucks to be penalized so heavily when I didn't do anything wrong. Like if the injury had happened in a normal game then fine, I'd live with it, I lived with all my other injuries this season. But I lost the best guy of my shitty unit, and the only one likely to improve, for the entirety of next year because of some combination of other people's ineptitude.

Does anyone else in the league have a player injured so long that they are missing time next season or am I alone being punished?

This is inconsequential to the actual point of you can't just reset a random part of the game. You'd have to turn off injuries and retirement and contract negotiations and practically 90% of what makes the franchise mode a franchise mode if everyone was getting upset over a dice roll. You'd just be playing quick matches at some point.

Top Bottom