• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '17 PS4 Online League Thread: DOTA is dead, long live DOTA

DJ Bowser

Since we advanced Sunday, I imagine it would be tomorrow.

Also, DM and I are supposed to play tonight; granted we were also supposed to the last two nights. I hope to get a PM from him at 11pm tonight rather than 5am.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Figures just when I'm finally starting to win games and become a decent madden player the league dies.

Is there usually a steam sale this weekend? Looking to get Total Warhammer but I can wait til Friday if there is a sale.

Also, No Man's Sky is $15 on gamefly. What a fucking bomb.

I have 15 free PSN bucks and those fucks still won't put worms on sale!

How is Street Fighter V, deluxe is only 30 now lol. I may just fetch mega man collection and whatever else might be good

DietRob

No Man's Sky had flashing neon 'Failure' signs all over it. When it was first revealed I thought it could be something incredible. Then Sean started talking about it and that's all I needed to jump right off the hype train and never look back.

brentech

Is there usually a steam sale this weekend? Looking to get Total Warhammer but I can wait til Friday if there is a sale.

Also, No Man's Sky is $15 on gamefly. What a fucking bomb.

I think after the first 10 patches, they realized they couldn't fix the core issues with the game and decided to go with complete radio silence. At that point even people that put 30+ hours into it jumped ship and hate everything about it now.

Bread

Banned
No Man's Sky had flashing neon 'Failure' signs all over it. When it was first revealed I thought it could be something incredible. Then Sean started talking about it and that's all I needed to jump right off the hype train and never look back.
i remember people were constantly jumped on for asking "but what is there to do?". it was so obvious that the game was going to fail.

brentech

i remember people were constantly jumped on for asking "but what is there to do?". it was so obvious that the game was going to fail.

That part never bothered me, because all along I knew the only thing I wanted to do was explore.
My problem was that there was no way to know that there would be so little diversity in the range of systems and planets. Also the lack of full flight control around a planet was super shit.

DietRob

I still haven't played the thing so I can't speak much to it. But it seems like it could have been a good game if there was a hook. I kept waiting for Sean to tell us what the 'hook' was and it just never happened.

Maybe it still has a chance to be good if they can patch in a reason to play it.

I still haven't played the thing so I can't speak much to it. But it seems like it could have been a good game if there was a hook. I kept waiting for Sean to tell us what the 'hook' was and it just never happened.

Maybe it still has a chance to be good if they can patch in a reason to play it.
Nah it's a fuckin tech demo. It's really just not fun. Idk how you overcome that.

DCX

DCX
Since we advanced Sunday, I imagine it would be tomorrow.

Also, DM and I are supposed to play tonight; granted we were also supposed to the last two nights. I hope to get a PM from him at 11pm tonight rather than 5am.
Same as always..

DCX

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Mega Man collection is 6 bucks on PSN

Thats probably the correct price to buy those games again for the 20th time

CB3

Pretty sure Capcom forgot X exists. The last things I remember him in are that fucking god awful iOS port of X1, and the cutscene during megaman's final smash in smash bros. Im sure Nintendo had to fight for that.

CB3

BTW if we can all agree to mercy kill the league before thanksgiving so i can get this sweet sweet $40 for trade in at gamestop, that would be great.

CB3

I was prepared to finish season 2. But the combination of Somnia with that GameStop insider information + the fact my last two games have been just the most awful, depressing way to spend a hour (And I 'won" both those games), I think I'm finally over this game.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I mean, I've liked the ability of this MLB I drafted in the 1st round, and I could see this QB that I drafted being an ok replacement for Brees going forward (with some XP growth). I've even won 3 games. 3 Actual wins, that I actually controlled. Had 3 wins last year, and 2 were sim wins. I'm 200% better than Season 1.

I also just had a miserable 50-60 point loss, where shit just kept going wrong, at one point it was going lightspeed.

I finally got a working controller, and I don't know if I've won a game with it.

This Game is a Mess.

brentech

I don't care what happens (I had to buy it digitally for the first time ever because my disc drive was dead at the time we started). But if we do kill it off, I'd rather do it sooner rather than later.

BigAT

For whatever reason, Wellington's "sit on my face" Christmas story just randomly popped in my head and caused me to crack up laughing.

What I'm trying to say is, Happy Holidays guys.

CB3

I mean, I've liked the ability of this MLB I drafted in the 1st round, and I could see this QB that I drafted being an ok replacement for Brees going forward (with some XP growth). I've even won 3 games. 3 Actual wins, that I actually controlled. Had 3 wins last year, and 2 were sim wins. I'm 200% better than Season 1.

I also just had a miserable 50-60 point loss, where shit just kept going wrong, at one point it was going lightspeed.

I finally got a working controller, and I don't know if I've won a game with it.

This Game is a Mess.

Ive played all of my games and I wouldnt say that I "controlled" any of it. I feel like ive done next to nothing to deserve most of my wins or losses. The past two especially stand out. The game decided AT was going to take a loss, and thats what happened. Back to back fumbles. My shitty DB's warping through his guys to catch interceptions.

And you know im being honest because id love the opportunity to rub anything in AT's face.

U5M0dsF.png

anyone know if you can just switch out a ps4 harddrive and keep the stuff that's already on it without issue? for example:

i have a regular ps4 with a 2 TB hd and a bunch of stuff on it
i bought a pspro
can i just take the 2 TB hd out of the regular ps4 and pop it into the pspro without having to redownload all the shit?

i actually don't mind redownloading but i have p.t. on there! don't really want to do the transfer shit again but i will if i have to

Ferny

anyone know if you can just switch out a ps4 harddrive and keep the stuff that's already on it without issue? for example:

i bought a pspro
can i just take the 2 TB hd out of the regular ps4 and pop it into the pspro without having to redownload all the shit?

i actually don't mind redownloading but i have p.t. on there! don't really want to do the transfer shit again but i will if i have to

Its not possible. You gotta transfer or redownload.

What is it with people and this PT hold. Like are you ever going to play that thing again?

CB3

Its not possible. You gotta transfer or redownload.

What is it with people and this PT hold. Like are you ever going to play that thing again?

Many "rare" things dont often match up on scale with quality or use.

Also PT was pretty damn cool.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

i bought a pspro

As long as your digital items on the old system weren't purchased with an account that was banned illegally, you can transfer over items.

I'd say that would work with everything but PT. My guess is, it would have a lock symbol on it, but instead of being able to "buy it again" you just can't do anything.

Not sure how the console would react with just putting in the HD from the older PS4's. Will that even work?

As long as your digital items on the old system weren't purchased with an account that was banned illegally, you can transfer over items.

I'd say that would work with everything but PT. My guess is, it would have a lock symbol on it, but instead of being able to "buy it again" you just can't do anything.

Not sure how the console would react with just putting in the HD from the older PS4's. Will that even work?

i mean it just doesn't make sense to me. so i'm going to transfer something from the 2 TB hd to a usb flash drive temporarily, then install said 2 TB hd on my new system, and transfer PT BACK onto the same harddrive. seems stupid but whatever.

gamestop is giving $187 for an OG ps4. i was going to keep mine just incase but now i'll just sell it

in madden news, i'm just going to call it a season. too many people dislike the game and i feel guilty to prevent them from getting their $40 trade in or whatever. i know most people would be willing to stay as a favor to me but you guys don't owe me anything. you shouldn't have to settle playing a game that isn't fun for you considering there are much better games to take up your time.

sorry to call it quits early, i would play to the end as you all know! but it's best to just end it now rather than drag on to where we have half the league gone and playing cpu/sim games in a zombie league :(

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
i mean it just doesn't make sense to me. so i'm going to transfer something from the 2 TB hd to a usb flash drive temporarily, then install said 2 TB hd on my new system, and transfer PT BACK onto the same harddrive. seems stupid but whatever.

gamestop is giving $187 for an OG ps4. i was going to keep mine just incase but now i'll just sell it

in madden news, i'm just going to call it a season. too many people dislike the game and i feel guilty to prevent them from getting their $40 trade in or whatever. i know most people would be willing to stay as a favor to me but you guys don't owe me anything. you shouldn't have to settle playing a game that isn't fun for you considering there are much better games to take up your time.

sorry to call it quits early, i would play to the end as you all know! but it's best to just end it now rather than drag on to where we have half the league gone and playing cpu/sim games in a zombie league :(

Damn, all those people have said they don't want to play? I agree that the game has issues but was willing to overlook some. The most crippling ones were the game XP not counting and the stupid non registering triangle.

For whatever reason, Wellington's "sit on my face" Christmas story just randomly popped in my head and caused me to crack up laughing.

What I'm trying to say is, Happy Holidays guys.

I am going to the holiday party this year for the first time since then. I am going to try not to drink. Or at least not that much. Man I should just not go. :(

Top Bottom