• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '17 PS4 Online League Thread: DOTA is dead, long live DOTA

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
it's like I paid 3 dollars per game of Madden

not even arcades fuck you that hard!

Thank God for my brother's best buy GCU account! Traded in last year's a week before this one came out, GCU discount, reservation bonus and an additional $10 off. I can't remember the last time I paid $30 or more for Madden.

BigAT

Funny that the league got killed by what turned out to be a false trade in value. Appropriate way for it to die I suppose?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I only play arcade basketball

it's 50 cents AND I get tickets for cool prizes!

Dave and busters have these jumbo sized basketball machines. They are pretty rad. The best shot I could find of it:

IMG_2034.JPG

Actually feels like you're having a shooting contest as opposed to those small Hot Shots machines.

brentech

it's not worth $35 to go into a gamestop

$25 on amazon. Sold.
lol, after my last dealings with them, that was my exact process with my PS4 trade in.
"Oh they'll give me $30 more? Nah, I'll just box it off to Amazon and call it a day."

I was going there for a lot of my trade ins and even some preorders over the last two years, but some dumb shit over Dark Souls 3 for PC preorder just ended it all for me. They don't know how to deal with digital preorders in 2016. Make me come back in to the store to pick up a code you could email me. Fucckkkkk youuuuuuu. (Final straw, some other random shit with dumb employees that I generally tried to avoid any kind of interaction with was driving me up a wall)

Somnia

Funny that the league got killed by what turned out to be a false trade in value. Appropriate way for it to die I suppose?

It was legit last night :( bastards lowered the values on a ton of games and then we're like 50%!!!!

Granted $36 is still worth it!

Greg

Dave and busters have these jumbo sized basketball machines. They are pretty rad. The best shot I could find of it:

Actually feels like you're having a shooting contest as opposed to those small Hot Shots machines.
damn, that looks awesome

the machines I play on are pretty legit - decent-sized ball, lower/closer hoop

first round starts at 50 seconds, each round after drops 10 seconds, anything under 20 seconds counts as 3, and there are 40/150/250-point thresholds to make it through the rounds

so much fun

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I should have taken today off. :(

I'll get my copy at Best Buy today if anyone wants to rumble. FMT was right btw.

$60 - GCU Discount = $48 - Trade in value of $16.50 = $31.50 - $10 Coupon for pre-order = $21.50. I don't think I have paid more than $30 for Madden in about 4 years.

Life is gud.

It was legit last night :( bastards lowered the values on a ton of games and then we're like 50%!!!!

Granted $36 is still worth it!

I would make a profit. This is awesome. Literally exactly what I said a few posts up, just 3 months and 1 day back.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I would make a profit. This is awesome. Literally exactly what I said a few posts up, just 3 months and 1 day back.

I made a profit off my vita. Bought a bundle of stuff off the B/S/T thread for like 160 and sold it a year later to GS for like 180. Felt pretty good.

They are actually finally opening a Dave and Busters up here in Alaska in 2017, I can finally use my 30 dollar giftcard I had leftover from a business training week in San Diego!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
How many people are playing? I am willing to use a different team to keep competition up even if we need to leave divisions or even conferences empty. Ideally if we get 16 we pick one conference then everyone gets 4 games a year against AI and who cares at that point.

I'm not a fan of this game either but I do feel like we should at least finish the season out to be fair to others.

I can't stop anyone but eh, I know how crappy the invested guys feel.

I'm fine with at least finishing the season. As little fun as the game is I still enjoy the league.

Just echoing a bit of what CB said, when I win this year, especially against someone better than me, it hasn't really felt like I did anything to influence the outcome. I know there's always been that element of getting Maddened, but it just feels so much more prevalent or at the very least more obvious this year.

Overwatch has like 4 hours worth of content. He played way more than that.

With FMT math I got Witcher complete on ps4 for $10. 25% off with plus and that $15 credit for buying $100 word last month.

4 hours worth of content? What does that even mean?...there's no campaign..

i mean, im in. I get the complaints, definitely wondering how many are left though..

Top Bottom