• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '17 PS4 Online League Thread: DOTA is dead, long live DOTA

Smokey

Titanfall 2 is one of four Platinum trophies that I've gotten in the PS4 era. Game is good fun. It's a shame EA sent it to die.

LJ11

Titanfall 2 is one of four Platinum trophies that I've gotten in the PS4 era. Game is good fun. It's a shame EA sent it to die.

Yeah, I want to give that a run.

Am I on a bye this week? I was fucking around with MUT but never checked Franchise, sucks to not have league daddy.

Greg

Yeah, I want to give that a run.

Am I on a bye this week? I was fucking around with MUT but never checked Franchise, sucks to not have league daddy.
you must've missed the past few pages? 10 or so people left the league, so it's currently in limbo (dead) with Wellie trying to take over and move forward

LJ11

you must've missed the past few pages? 10 or so people left the league, so it's currently in limbo (dead) with Wellie trying to take over and move forward

LJ, you have a bye until Madden 18

I saw some shit about it on Tuesday, read a few posts, wanted to comment but figured I'd make a few comments later, just never got around to it. Super busy week for me.

It's a shame, if you don't have the drive to play the game no use in continuing. Really enjoyed the league through the years, appreciate everyone who put time into it. Most of us are older, finite amount of time, Madden can eat into your available time. EA had a good game this year, but I think the last patch really fucked with the tuning on All-Madden Franchise. Every mode feels different, no kidding here. I thought it was almost perfect before the last patch, All Madden Franchise was where it should be. Run wasn't too strong, WRs didn't drop that many balls, then they updated it for the lower modes and I swear it fucked shit up.

Greg

I'm still in if we get enough people on the same page

thought this year was better than the last 2 years, and neither of those struggled to finish a 2nd season...

LJ11

I'm still in if we get enough people on the same page

thought this year was better than the last 2 years, and neither of those struggled to finish a 2nd season...

Yeah, feel the same way. Folks are probably burned out, understandable as well. I've taken a few years off here and there, it's just hard to keep interested. MUT kind of brought me back, but I was burned out on it by January. Barely played the mode this year, although the last few weeks I've definitely started the grind again. Not interested in H2H so much, just building a squad.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I think this game is awful and its not because im burned out.

Though I agree with LJ on the various game modes playing differently. I remember online quick play feeling alot different when I was playing FMT before we started the league.

LJ11

Game doesn't even feel the same when switching between MUT and DC

Most definitely. DC is awful, I think the only MUT mode people enjoy is salary cap, felt better than the rest of the modes. Something is up.

CB, I think it's a better game than the last couple, but the last patch killed the run game. It was fine on All-Madden, not as overpowered as All-Pro, but it was nerfed to shit in the last patch. Many people hate the game, so you're not the only one. We'll see what EA does, game doesn't seem as popular this year. MUT was trash in terms of content early in year, it was pay to play, but the community all went nuts and they turned it around. That's really the problem, the Franchise community is tiny, we don't have pull.

They'll listen to gameplay complaints, but when the game plays one way in regular H2H, and then completely different in DC, or Franchise, it's hard to pinpoint wtf is wrong.

this was the best playing madden (on the field) in years and i still stick to that. where it failed, and ultimately why i feel it didn't go longer, is the little bugs here and there and the fact that tiburon bitched out on website support so we didn't have that. looking at stats and analyzing was half the fun!

i think people also had issues adapting to some of the gameplay changes. it can't be understated how crucial in-game confidence was. you chuck and int early and it's hard to come back from that. CB always referenced #HFA, and i think it was there but not to the degree that he says. i went 14-2 last season and lost 2 games on the road by a combined 6 points. i also won a bunch of road games in blow out fashion. the one thing i do agree with cb on is the jump balls were kind of a coin flip as to what would happen, and there was less rhyme/reason as to WHY the outcome was what it was. i wish tiburon could come up with a system that had more user input/skill coupled with stats of the player you were throwing to/against.

which brings me to my one major issue with the game, and it's been this way for years: a lot of the player ratings are just window dressing. the majority of the ratings you see for a player don't mean shit. this is evidenced by me having one of the worst teams in the game and able to go 14-2 and get to the superbowl. that shouldn't have happened but it did because even though i had shitty "overall" rated CB's, they played really well, my DL played really well even though overall they weren't very good, and then sprinkle in some manual LB play to take out the middle and there you have it. i also dont know why tiburon tweaked the QB accuracy settings from last year. it was perfect last year! this year, i was throwing 75%+ with kap at the end of season 1. he had very few inaccurate throws. every once in a while but for the most part he may as well have been tom brady back there.

anyways we'll see what happens with madden next year. i don't know if we'll have a league if this same garbage is going to happen. i feel bad that we presented we would have a league and then barely get through a season :/

brentech

FMTs d-line wrecked my oline in the WC playoff game.

I was 10-6 in season one, 2 of my losses I lost by a combined 2 points on the road. Those sucked, but shit happens. I notch those up to taking early leads in the first half, and taking my foot off the pedal in the second, both games ended 21-22, one game right after another.

CB3

I used the "#HFA" term not only for that, but also because it was easier than typing out "random piece of bullshit coin flip garbage" every time something happened. Which was multiple times, every game. And every time I thought the game had topped out in that regard, it one-upped itself the very next week to my shock and dismay.

I couldn't believe some of the things I was seeing the last few weeks of the season in games.

I used the "#HFA" term not only for that, but also because it was easier than typing out "random piece of bullshit coin flip garbage" every time something happened. Which was multiple times, every game. And every time I thought the game had topped out in that regard, it one-upped itself the very next week to my shock and dismay.

I couldn't believe some of the things I was seeing the last few weeks of the season in games.

maybe you are looking upon past maddens with undue favorability cause i got news for you pal: madden has always had a bunch of bullshit. and before you say "But not like this!" yes, like this

LJ11

See, the jump balls were worse last year, no questions about it. This year, if you hold the swat/square button you have a fighting chance, last year you didn't. It was more of a dice roll last year than this year, but again, the patch fucked up the tuning and EA had to release a tuner pack to get it back to where it was. I don't do the jumpball shit, I take sacks or throw into coverage, lol.

No way for me to know, no numbers to back it up, but since the D improved, you saw guys throwing 50/50 balls more so than last year because they couldn't risk throwing into coverage. I always agree with FMT about bringing back more user control, I honestly stopped switching on my DBs, it's not fucking worth it. The switch is too late, they react too late, it's a mess. I just hold the icon and let the cpu run the dice roll.

I feel FMT and I are on the same page. Don't believe home field advantage really had an impact. Early in the year it most definitely did, because EA botched fatigue, away teams were tired as hell by the middle of the 3rd quarter but that was patched up. We'll see what they do. I hated the fucking jump ball mechanic, it was their way of addressing the user catch abuse, and it just made shit worse, huge mistake by EA. The game was close to being great, small flaws that ruin what could be a great experience.

Edit: I also think EA did a bad job explaining the new defensive stuff. For example, if you blitzed out of a cover 3 shell and you were facing a 2x2 alignment your defense went into cover 3 match which was essentially man coverage on all except the RB, so if you wheeled the HB you were toast. I spent a couple of hours going over some of this stuff early in the game and it's pretty wild when you realize how vulnerable you can be, but ultimately, no one plays with this shit in mind. Shading features and manning up guys are what most people do.

CB3

maybe you are looking upon past maddens with undue favorability cause i got news for you pal: madden has always had a bunch of bullshit. and before you say "But not like this!" yes, like this

No no no no no no no no no. Not Like this. This was that, powered up. Like some god damn super saiyan bullshit.

No no no no no no no no no. Not Like this. This was that, powered up. Like some god damn super saiyan bullshit.

Vo5Ll1.gif

p.s.

agreed lj. tiburon also absolutely fixed the issues with covering the flats with their new zone audibles. it becomes a cat and mouse game at that point but at least you were in control of what you wanted to take away. last year there wasn't shit you could do about covering the flats consistently because sometimes your corner would do as he should, and sometimes he would carry the wr up the field and there was never any indication of why he would or wouldn't do this

BigAT

That piece of shit site was down all morning basically and now the game is back up to $60 before it would let me buy it. Somnia, your garbage tier place of employment needs to be burned to the ground.

Weird, site worked fine for me this morning when I posted and I was able to pickup Tomb Raider without any issue.

FMT, did that 20% off PSN code you bought stack with the 10% off code that is floating around?

Weird, site worked fine for me this morning when I posted and I was able to pickup Tomb Raider without any issue.

FMT, did that 20% off PSN code you bought stack with the 10% off code that is floating around?

I got tomb raider and Deus ex, no problem. Hitman was the problem.

I guess FMT would be the commish to approve this at this point, But I want to trade my 2nd round pick in next seasons draft to NogChomp for RT Reily Reiff. Should I submit the trade in the game?

JABEE

I actually felt like I was starting to get the hand of things in the first season. The 2nd season has been rough for me, but it's my own fault with all the turnovers. This year had some weird stuff where guys just drop passes or picks. It felt pretty normal watching the Eagles play every Sunday.

I wish there were more ways to control my team and manage my lineup from my computer or my iPhone. It would be cool if EA put resources into making that part of it easy and fun to control and not a game of trial and error.

Somnia

That piece of shit site was down all morning basically and now the game is back up to $60 before it would let me buy it. Somnia, your garbage tier place of employment needs to be burned to the ground.

Yep that it does. I'm done there after Christmas. Told my buddy I couldn't do this shit anymore.

CB3

When I went to GameStop the cashier tried to swindle me into buying the pro rewards card with some fancy talking. Luckily I'm not stupid, but I'm still offended that he tried it.

LukeSmith

player progression/regression and kicking are my two biggest complaints with the game

the qb fumbles took me a season to get used to

I still can't run the ball at all

player progression/regression and kicking are my two biggest complaints with the game

the qb fumbles took me a season to get used to

I still can't run the ball at all

I think we finally broke the myth that the player XP wasn't counting at least right? The only thing I don't like about the progression is regression starting at 28...it should be 30 at the earliest

Top Bottom