• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '17 PS4 Online League Thread: DOTA is dead, long live DOTA

They gave it to a RB and he scored.

i meant more "your coaches and/or running backs fucking suck dick if it took you 11 games to get a rushing td by a rb"

in other news, was Keanu good key & peele fans? i went to collect some of my blu ray digital redemptions for VUDU and one of them gave me an amazon option. but instead of redeeming the movie (it was a disney movie i dont remember which), they gave me a $22 video credit so i was going to buy a few on their cyber monday deals

Greg

i meant more "your coaches and/or running backs fucking suck dick if it took you 11 games to get a rushing td by a rb"

in other news, was Keanu good key & peele fans? i went to collect some of my blu ray digital redemptions for VUDU and one of them gave me an amazon option. but instead of redeeming the movie (it was a disney movie i dont remember which), they gave me a $22 video credit so i was going to buy a few on their cyber monday deals
what's a running back?!

The thing the 49ers keep trying to make into a QB

KaepernickTD_original.gif

831995153.gif

KaepernickTD_original.gif

iznmtqqn2yzjq.gif

sorry ass america hatin' bitch better learn to pass or he aint NEVER gonna win a playoff game, especially against the packers!

My early impression of FFXV, it's like a Japanese Witcher 3 in terms of gameplay. No comment on the story so far as I spent all my time fighting monsters, finding hidden treasures and gathering ingredients.

How is the music

There's A LOT of music. I would say the best stuff so far is the dynamic switches between low and high tension when you're coming up on monsters and actually fighting them. It's not as good as how Shadow of the Colossus did it but same idea.

It also played a song when I aggro'd a much higher level enemy that let me know I had fucked up.

The stuff at the truck stops so far is hit or miss between remixes of classic themes and weird Japanese interpretations of twangy American bluegrass.

Also you can buy sound tracks from past games to listen to in the car (it was like 100 gil per OST), so you can drive around listening to old stuff if you want.

Oh, and the Florence and the Machine cover shows up early on.

BigAT

Anyone pick up anything during the Steam Sale? There was some decent stuff I was interested, but after buying Hitman, Tomb Raider, Titanfall and a 3DS over the last week it seemed pointless to buy anything else right now.

Anyone pick up anything during the Steam Sale? There was some decent stuff I was interested, but after buying Hitman, Tomb Raider, Titanfall and a 3DS over the last week it seemed pointless to buy anything else right now.

I got DOOM on GMG for $17, and the stuff from gamestop. That was it.

brentech

Code:
Steam--- 
Hitman
Life is Strange
Code:
PS4---
Ratchet & Clank (PS4 Pro apparently has some super nice visuals)
AC Unity (I don't know, don't ask)
Game of Thrones (telltale s1)
Mega Man collection

Pretty sure that's everything I picked up. There is a whole host of other games I thought about buying, but I want to clean up this backlog a bit before adding more to it.

I got the witcher complete for $10 on ps4, that's turning out to be great. I bought it on steam day 1 but it still had such awful drifting when moving I had to put it down. It still can be finicky with movement but they've fixed it a lot.

HOW BOUT THOSE PACKERS GREG!

I pre-ordered the Witcher Deluxe edition when it came out. 80 dollars or something.

I haven't even gotten past the tutorial. Worst purchase ever.

Greg

I got the witcher complete for $10 on ps4, that's turning out to be great. I bought it on steam day 1 but it still had such awful drifting when moving I had to put it down. It still can be finicky with movement but they've fixed it a lot.

HOW BOUT THOSE PACKERS GREG!
Jordy looking as fast as when you moved him to TE
still convinced Cook is actually Finley in disguise (he worked on his uncontrollable stumbling!)
Davante is who he should've been
Starks still trash
defense still trash (I almost threw up at the INT celebration)
KUHHHHHHHHN
Clay should end himself
Rodgers almost went a full game without shitting himself
refs!

9-6 run into the playoffs with Hundley beating the Lions - let's fuckin' gooooooooo!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Since a few people here bought the Mega Man collection and now that ive beaten all the games in it, its time for CB's definitive NES Mega Man rankings.

2>4>6>5>3>1

Things I noticed while playing:

1 is even worse than I remember and it controls terribly, which I did not expect.

2 Is like a gift from heaven, especially coming from 1. Its reigns supreme in music, level design, boss design, weapon design, ect.

3 was surprisingly bad. In my mind it was almost as good as 2. But the level design and difficulty is extremely inconsistent.

4, 5, and 6 are all pretty close to each other. 6 had the different rush abilities and some better music so I give it the nod over 5 even though its probably the easiest mega man game of the NES collection.

Fight me.
B3Uj2OVCIAAXszN.png

P.S. Enjoy the Bubble Man theme:
https://youtu.be/Kj0-aWXkolQ

Greg

I haven't played 2 in years, but what a game

not sure if I have the patience now to beat it though - can't remember how difficult it was

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
There's A LOT of music. I would say the best stuff so far is the dynamic switches between low and high tension when you're coming up on monsters and actually fighting them. It's not as good as how Shadow of the Colossus did it but same idea.

It also played a song when I aggro'd a much higher level enemy that let me know I had fucked up.

The stuff at the truck stops so far is hit or miss between remixes of classic themes and weird Japanese interpretations of twangy American bluegrass.

Also you can buy sound tracks from past games to listen to in the car (it was like 100 gil per OST), so you can drive around listening to old stuff if you want.

What? I haven't paid attention to Final Fantasy in years. It's GTA now?

I'm going to have to watch some video reviews or something. This all of a sudden interests me. Any particularly good 'lets play' I should watch?

Since a few people here bought the Mega Man collection and now that ive beaten all the games in it, its time for CB's definitive NES Mega Man rankings.

2>4>6>5>3>1

Things I noticed while playing:

1 is even worse than I remember and it controls terribly, which I did not expect.

2 Is like a gift from heaven, especially coming from 1. Its reigns supreme in music, level design, boss design, weapon design, ect.

3 was surprisingly bad. In my mind it was almost as good as 2. But the level design and difficulty is extremely inconsistent.

4, 5, and 6 are all pretty close to each other. 6 had the different rush abilities and some better music so I give it the nod over 5 even though its probably the easiest mega man game of the NES collection.

Fight me.
B3Uj2OVCIAAXszN.png

P.S. Enjoy the Bubble Man theme:
https://youtu.be/Kj0-aWXkolQ

The one thing I give 6 over 4 and 5 is how godlike the design of Wily's castle is and the way it challenges you to make use of the different powers, especially the Rush abilities.

What's crazy about Mega Man 2 is that wasn't even the team's main project. They actually were making a game about a baseball player turned detective who has to clear his name and then they all worked late on Mega Man 2 because they really believed in it. The two games released on the same day.

What? I haven't paid attention to Final Fantasy in years. It's GTA now?

I'm going to have to watch some video reviews or something. This all of a sudden interests me. Any particularly good 'lets play' I should watch?

It is an open world game, but again I would liken it to the Witcher 3 more than GTA. The car is functionally a bit like the horse in the Witcher 3 where you can either "manually" drive it (you can't go off road), "auto drive" or fast travel.

The game just came out this week so I can't recommend any let's plays but I'll probably stream more of it tonight after work. I played about 2.5 hours last night and only made it to the second rest stop, so I wasn't rushing through it at all.

Chocobos come with a sound system these days?

I was not yet able to rent a Chocobo, but I think there's only one song for riding a Chocobo in this game.

Pro Football Focus ranked Tannehill as the best QB this week.

Having the Dolphins be best at anything for any period of time is such a foreign feeling.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
That new Final Fantasy looks cool enough. I played the demo and enjoyed it. I liked Witcher 3 too but the slog of the whole thing made me ultimately not finish it. I have no problem waiting a few months for it to hit the fire sale bin or pickup in the BST thread since it's likely to have little re-playability.

brentech

First time I've put my daughter to bed without my wife. Kind of weird after doing that process for 12 weeks. She's probably crying at work.

rinse82

First time I've put my daughter to bed without my wife. Kind of weird after doing that process for 12 weeks. She's probably crying at work.

Man, 12 weeks is short. Up here we get 12 months paid (can be split between mom and dad) for maternity leave, and even that seems short.

Top Bottom