• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '17 PS4 Online League Thread: DOTA is dead, long live DOTA

Its a shame its a baseball sim and not a good sport.

The thing is, the most interesting aspects are development and roster management and baseball with its 5 million minor leagues gives you so many things to track and manage and get invested in. Soccer is the only other game I've played as a development sim that I enjoyed. As a video game the model just doesn't work as well with football and basketball.

Somnia

I get 4 months as a dad at my work. I think moms get 6 months now.

You get 16 weeks even as the father if you're the only parent working there. You can select yourself as primary since you're the only parent there fyi unless she also works for the company. If you both work for there you get 4 and she gets 16.

Which is good in the States lol

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Man, 12 weeks is short. Up here we get 12 months paid (can be split between mom and dad) for maternity leave, and even that seems short.

Holy shit

My plan is to take at least a year off whenever I meet Mrs. Wellie and we procreate. I would love to leave the corporate world forever by that point.

brentech

Man, 12 weeks is short. Up here we get 12 months paid (can be split between mom and dad) for maternity leave, and even that seems short.
I had no idea they gave that much time. That's crazy. Told my wife and she was like, maybe if I had 12 months I wouldn't have been crying all morning.

FMT, just did a repair estimate for a collge volleyball player today...volleyball...the legs
2555338-2467523080-jizz-.jpg

ffxv looks awesome on pspro with HDR on but it seems a little choppy on the high rez option. i bumped it down to pro-lite and it smooths things out, still looks really good too. game is cool i suppose but in combat there is just a bunch of shit going on

I had no idea they gave that much time. That's crazy. Told my wife and she was like, maybe if I had 12 months I wouldn't have been crying all morning.

If she had 12 months she'd probably kill herself the first night. Not like prolonging it will make it easier, plus once your daughter is a year old she'll be able to cry out for mommy and scream "don't leeeeeeeeeeeave" while your wife walks out the door and heads to the longest shift of her life.

brentech

If she had 12 months she'd probably kill herself the first night. Not like prolonging it will make it easier, plus once your daughter is a year old she'll be able to cry out for mommy and scream "don't leeeeeeeeeeeave" while your wife walks out the door and heads to the longest shift of her life.
Yea. I'm just telling you what she said, not how I think it would go down.
She got through the day. Luckily by working 13 hour shifts, happens to have tomorrow off.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/11/30/los-angeles-rams-jeff-fisher-job-status?xid=socialflow_twitter_si

Los Angeles Rams chief operating officer Kevin Demoff hinted that head coach Jeff Fisher's job is safe, adding that just looking at the veteran coach's record when evaluating his job performance is "unfair."

"Everybody will want to judge Jeff through the prism of just the record, but that's totally unfair when you look at the set of circumstances he was handed this year," Demoff said to NFL.com. "It was different than any team in the NFL."

#fisherprivilege

It would be odd to me to let Fisher draft a QB then fire him immediately. If you believed in him in 2016 there is no reason this season should have changed anything.

BigAT

But... It's been fixed since the previous patch. Did they just forget it in the previous notes?

It wasn't mentioned in the notes for the patch that fixed it.

They didn't know they broke it, so I guess why would they be competent enough to know that they fixed it?

He's so trash man. Rick Smith has to fucking go.

He really sucks right now, but I think he can improve. For some reason he thinks his arm is way better than it is. You'd think he would have learned his limitation v. pro players by now but I don't think he's super far off (though it's mental so it may never come). Physically he can play but he needs to understand he is incapable of threading a 15 yard out against man coverage. He just doesn't have the arm to do it. If you look at those picks they are mostly on intermediate throws against man coverage. Throws he probably completed 95% of the time in college.

I was encouraged as a Packer fan watching that Texans film re: Osweiler but also I think he could sort of figure it out really quickly. That said he's a super shitty fit for a guy like Hopkins.

Smokey

He really sucks right now, but I think he can improve. For some reason he thinks his arm is way better than it is. You'd think he would have learned his limitation v. pro players by now but I don't think he's super far off (though it's mental so it may never come). Physically he can play but he needs to understand he is incapable of threading a 15 yard out against man coverage. He just doesn't have the arm to do it. If you look at those picks they are mostly on intermediate throws against man coverage. Throws he probably completed 95% of the time in college.

I was encouraged as a Packer fan watching that Texans film re: Osweiler but also I think he could sort of figure it out really quickly. That said he's a super shitty fit for a guy like Hopkins.

He has the worst QBR of any QB in Texans history. Yes, worse than Carr. Worse than Mallet. I'm literally missing and crying for Schaub right now. His best throw is deep because that doesn't require the precision as short and medium throws. It's more on the WRs to get under the ball. Fuller is the only burner we have for that, and defenses have taken that away since week 2. Hopkins is not a burner but has some of the best hands in the league, and this loon cannot get him the ball. It's pathetic.

Somnia

He has the worst QBR of any QB in Texans history. Yes, worse than Carr. Worse than Mallet. I'm literally missing and crying for Schaub right now. His best throw is deep because that doesn't require the precision as short and medium throws. It's more on the WRs to get under the ball. Fuller is the only burner we have for that, and defenses have taken that away since week 2. Hopkins is not a burner but has some of the best hands in the league, and this loon cannot get him the ball. It's pathetic.

Romo sure is looking like a worthy person to trade for in the off season my friend!

Kapernicus will go there and light it up :(

brent can suck a dick

its all about that light sweet west texas intermediate

also, once we get in the 70's well start fracking anything and everything with no regards (thanks Trump!) and flood the market again, thus crashing prices

100's aint ever coming back

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
God titanfall 2 is so damn good. I hope they put out a ton of the TF1 maps. Angel City is gonna be rad.

Plowed a bunch more into Witcher 3. I can't believe I let finicky controls knock me off this game when it came out. God damn it is so good. Some bitch fed her sister to a werewolf (who was her brother in law) because SHE wanted to fuck the werewolf. Poland is legit.

Plowed a bunch more into Witcher 3. I can't believe I let finicky controls knock me off this game when it came out. God damn it is so good. Some bitch fed her sister to a werewolf (who was her brother in law) because SHE wanted to fuck the werewolf. Poland is legit.

There are some pretty awesome quests in the game.

I want the gwent game already!

Yeah after that mission I played Gwent with some dude who kept clowning me but I kept playing him. Game is really good but I bet it's broken as fuck as a standalone game with real people min/maxing it. Seems like the type of game where only one deck will ever win.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Played the shit out of Witcher 3, somewhere above 150 hours.

Played maybe 15 minutes of Gwent. Maybe I should have listened more at the tutorial, cause that game was unintelligible to me, and I never went back to it.

BigAT

Yeah after that mission I played Gwent with some dude who kept clowning me but I kept playing him. Game is really good but I bet it's broken as fuck as a standalone game with real people min/maxing it. Seems like the type of game where only one deck will ever win.

I think I heard that the standalone Gwent game they're releasing is a bit different than the one in game? I'm not sure, I haven't played Witcher 3.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
It's like, I get the whole "short range, medium range, long range" thing, and the act of cancelling out your opponent's choices, but the turn system and "waiting" and some of the underlying stuff just doesn't work in my head like I think the game wants it to.

It's like, I get the whole "short range, medium range, long range" thing, and the act of cancelling out your opponent's choices, but the turn system and "waiting" and some of the underlying stuff just doesn't work in my head like I think the game wants it to.

My strategy is usually to try and let the other player win the first round but force them to use as many cards as possible. It's deep as fuck.

Smokey

Once you get past the intro town it's pretty great. It took me 3 tries to get into it, but once I did I loved it.

Didn't care too much for Gwent tho

Somnia

I'm going to finally give Witcher 3 a shot also, I quit due to the controls and never went back.

As of right now FFXV may end up being my favorite game of 2016, it has some issues, but am loving it. About 13-15 hours in and still in Chapter 3, taking my time and doing all the side missions/exploring.

Titanfall 2 is right there though for me along with Overwatch. Still need to play Mafia 3 and Last Guardian is next week (no way it lives up to my hype, but I said the same thing about FFXV and so far it is).

Mother fucker, Total Warhammer is like the only game not onsale in this steam awards sale

Stuck in a big meeting since 11. Come out and find Tiger Woods winning a golf tournament. Congrats on the time travel discovery everyone.

People call me one of the “world’s greatest female athletes”. Do they say LeBron is one of the world’s best male athletes? Is Tiger? Federer? Why not? They are certainly not female.

No, because if they judged you equally you wouldn't be one of the best athletes and you never would have won a tournament. Female athletes are WiiU games.

Top Bottom