• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '17 PS4 Online League Thread: DOTA is dead, long live DOTA

Smokey

My son is crawling and pulling himself up on stuff and is interested in every little goddamn thing. I can see his brain moving like wtf can I fuk up in this room. Also formula pricing should be a crime.

Splatpls

My son is crawling and pulling himself up on stuff and is interested in every little goddamn thing. I can see his brain moving like wtf can I fuk up in this room. Also formula pricing should be a crime.

Splatpls

I'm going to be so sad when my son is taller than me. How are you dealing?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Yeah you and a couple other people play dota, just like a few people still play madden

The king is gone but he's not forgotten
This is the story of Johnny rotten

People that have played dota in the past 10 days:
Me
Eznark
Brent
AT
Trasher
Livewire(!)
AZ
Nightz
Gravestorm
Rors was watching eznarks dota stream so im gonna go ahead and count him!

Its just you, brah. :(
And shake who is doing his "dota sucks LUL" while counting down the days until his winter break so he can play again shtick.

One day when your soul returns, you'll be welcomed back with open arms.

People that have played dota in the past 10 days:
Me
Eznark
Brent
AT
Trasher
Livewire(!)
AZ
Nightz
Gravestorm
Rors was watching eznarks dota stream so im gonna go ahead and count him!

Its just you, brah. :(
And shake who is doing his "dota sucks LUL" while counting down the days until his winter break so he can play again shtick.

One day when your soul returns, you'll be welcomed back with open arms.

More people have played madden in the past 10 days!

I'm not insulting doter, but it is basically dead especially compared to what it once was. Those are just facts!

CB3

Of course not. The great baby making year of 2016 took many casualties. But saying its dead when it still gets played nightly is probably a stretch. Its dead to you because you arent allowed to play it. One day you wont be grounded anymore and can make your triumphant return.

CB3

Happens every year after TI. It's basically the break between madden seasons.

Also the boston majors start tomorrow and the huge new patch + Monkey King hits in 9 days.

Theres never been a better time to be a dota fan!

Of course not. The great baby making year of 2016 took many casualties. But saying its dead when it still gets played nightly is probably a stretch. Its dead to you because you arent allowed to play it. One day you wont be grounded anymore and can make your triumphant return.

But madden isn't dead to others like dota isn't dead to you. But both games are dead

Splat

Splatpls
Just wait until he talks and drives you insane.

CB3

Just accept doter isn't what it was and never will be again

mIaovmD.gif

Splat

My son has already figured out deception, which is terrifying. Didn't expect it this early, he's not even 3 yet! My wife told him no dessert tonight before I got home. While eating dinner while she was out of the room he leans over and whispers as quiet as he can "Daddy can I have dessert?". Hadn't been brought up even once since id been home, either. Waited until she was out of earshot to attempt the con.

My car hydroplaned tonight on an interstate highway on my way to an out of town gig. I spun around three times before I hit the right guard rail, and honestly all I can think about is what a miracle it was that I didn't hit the 18 wheeler next to us or any of the other cars. And that I'm alive.

Bread

Banned
My car hydroplaned tonight on an interstate highway on my way to an out of town gig. I spun around three times before I hit the right guard rail, and honestly all I can think about is what a miracle it was that I didn't hit the 18 wheeler next to us or any of the other cars. And that I'm alive.
damn man

glad you're alright

Holy fuck man that's insane. I'm glad you and everyone else are ok!

I've done this, didn't hit anything at all though. Glad you're okay man, what kind of tires were they?

Thanks for all the well wishes bros

drizz I'm going to be honest it's been so long since I Changed it that I don't remember, which is proof I gotta wake my ass up and get on top of that more than ever. I think I last changed it 2012....

Really a life changing moment man. I was this close to death. It was seriously a one in a million miracle i hit no one else

Thanks for all the well wishes bros

drizz I'm going to be honest it's been so long since I Changed it that I don't remember, which is proof I gotta wake my ass up and get on top of that more than ever. I think I last changed it 2012....

Really a life changing moment man. I was this close to death. It was seriously a one in a million miracle i hit no one else

Wow, what was going through your mind in the moment? I'm an auto adjuster so I always do estimates on the damaged vehicles, but sometimes I have to remind myself of the human cost and THAT experience

Wow, what was going through your mind in the moment? I'm an auto adjuster so I always do estimates on the damaged vehicles, but sometimes I have to remind myself of the human cost and THAT experience

Once I realized I no longer had control and we were spinning all I could think about was "oh my god just brace yourself for whatever car rams you" and next thing you know we hit the guard rail

So many things went lucky for me. Most of the highway doesn't have the guard rail and has a pretty bumpy road down to the service road. We very well could have flipped over if we were anywhere else

I'm so lucky that I didn't hit anyone else and that no one got hurt

brentech

I've been put into a similar situation (I wasn't driving). Was going to see the Christmas day release of Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou in theater with a girl I was dating early in college. She came to pick me up in her mom's BMW. Being a super snowy day and her not driving a RWD car much, I asked if she wanted to just ride in my shitty Pontiac, which she promptly turned down.
So we are running late and she is kind of going a little too fast. Parts of the road are 100% clear, just a little wet, but an intersection ahead is covered in snow. I tell her she probably needs to slow down; advice not taken. As soon as those real wheels touch the snow we start to fish tail and she loses any control. Probably did at least 2 spins before ending up in the median.
Luckily, the median was covered in snow. We were spinning so fast I had no idea that's what we hit, and when it happened the car just went black. I thought we died for a quick second. As soon as the car came to a stop I burst out the door and found out snow was covering the car, must have blown out from the impact. The car had little damage, just a single dent.

We still drove to the movie while she nearly killed us like 3 more times.

---
Closer to phee's story, my wife did the same thing. She was driving alone, merging onto a snowy highway. Her little civic at the time couldn't handle a drift of snow that she had to go over to get into the right lane and she spun a couple time and DID actually get hit by a semi truck. She was lucky to only get hit by the front, because it spun her and could have hit her again with the trailer.
As if Civics aren't small enough, it became 1/3 the size.

Top Bottom