• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '17 PS4 Online League Thread: DOTA is dead, long live DOTA

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Man Halo used to be so good. The amount of time I spent playing (and raging) 2/3/Reach online...

5 is great

don't_believe_his_lies_jpeg.jpg

CB3

I don't believe any of that. I'm sure it's a decent enough shooter the same way I thought halo 4 was a decent shooter. But it's not halo.

For example, it's the way I felt about twilight princess and skyward sword. Decent games on their own, but not great Zelda games.

Smokey

I don't believe any of that. I'm sure it's a decent enough shooter the same way I thought halo 4 was a decent shooter. But it's not halo.

For example, it's the way I felt about twilight princess and skyward sword. Decent games on their own, but not great Zelda games.

halo 4 was not a decent enough shooter

it was literally cod lite

CB3

The only good thing Halo 4 ever gave anyone was the nickname of "ole 2 kills".

I'm happy to have witnessed that in person. Though at the time I was probably pretty salty.

Halo 4 was OK to me. As a shooter, not as a halo game. For multiplayer, the maps were the thing that offended me the most.

Trasher

I honestly can't say whether it's good or not because I've never played it, but whenever I see videos of the H5 multiplayer...it just doesn't look like "Halo". Game changed so much from what made me love it for so long (Halo CE--->Halo 3 and even Reach to an extent).

Smokey

I'll never claim Halo 4

One of the most offensive games ever

I honestly can't say whether it's good or not because I've never played it, but whenever I see videos of the H5 multiplayer...it just doesn't look like "Halo". Game changed so much from what made me love it for so long (Halo CE--->Halo 3 and even Reach to an extent).

H5 still feels like Halo....but it's updated just right for modern standards. There's zoom if you want it. Sprint if you want it, but with the trade off that your shields dont recharge. Movement is smooth. I play with the Elite controller and the 4 paddles, and it feels great.

Halo 4 was not Halo.

CB3

From what ive seen of Halo 5, it just looked like Halo 4. Im unsure what would make it that much better.

I do remember Halo 5 launching then like a month later felt like it had disappeared off the face of the earth and was $20 at Fry's. The price on that game dropped like a fucking anchor.

Smokey

From what ive seen of Halo 5, it just looked like Halo 4. Im unsure what would make it that much better.

I do remember Halo 5 launching then like a month later felt like it had disappeared off the face of the earth and was $20 at Fry's. The price on that game dropped like a fucking anchor.

It's nothing like Halo 4. I guess aesthetically maybe, but that's because it's made by the same company. That's where the similarities end. 343 has also updated the game with tons of free content. It's reaching almost 100GB, which is ridiculous, but they'ved added a ton.

H5 also runs at 60 fps.

Halo is trash

At least this can be stated by actual game play in 2016 if you want. How's that new Socom fam

CB3

I think im ok with leaving my memories of Halo as they are. I dont have confidence in 343 to make that game play how id want it to. Overwatch has also taught me that I dont think I have room in my life for a shooter that I care about winning in. Halo would fall into that category for sure. Which is partially why I like Titanfall so much.

Bread

Banned
5 is so far removed from 4 besides sprint being a constant. The movement options in 5 are game changers, the shit you can do in 1 on 1 battles is insane.

Smokey

I think im ok with leaving my memories of Halo as they are. I dont have confidence in 343 to make that game play how id want it to. Overwatch has also taught me that I dont think I have room in my life for a shooter that I care about winning in. Halo would fall into that category for sure. Which is partially why I like Titanfall so much.

Fair enough

However

I could not let that Halo 4 comment/comparison slide

WOAT tier MP game

Honestly, fuck the north.

I'm in Missouri somewhere and the highway suddenly turned to a solid block of ice. I guess I'm sleeping in my car!

I never should have left Texas

Driving thru missouri on the way to Wisconsin and the temp dropped like 10 degrees really fast. The light drizzle turned the roads to ice and now the highway I'm on is completely shut down. We can't even move if we wanted to :(

It's supposed to "heat" back up in a couple of hours to like 40 degrees so hopefully I'm not stranded overnight

Save me, trashcanman! The rednecks are starting to get roudy I'm scared

Trasher

Driving thru missouri on the way to Wisconsin and the temp dropped like 10 degrees really fast. The light drizzle turned the roads to ice and now the highway I'm on is completely shut down. We can't even move if we wanted to :(

It's supposed to "heat" back up in a couple of hours to like 40 degrees so hopefully I'm not stranded overnight

That's awful! Have Claude Dallas come save you.

cdyhybrid

Ain't nothing northern about MO.

That's SEC country brah.

Mrbob

We are getting blasted with about 10 to 12 inches of snow, good luck on the road they are going to be bad.

Might as well hang tight into tomorrow afternoon if you can.

Top Bottom