• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '17 PS4 Online League Thread: DOTA is dead, long live DOTA

How has everyone been doing with the precision modifier running? It seems like hard jukes and spins are impossible unless you use it? But it's tough because you have to slow down for that second

Gg Ferny! I don't know what to say other than I'm sorry. That 75 yd draw run against prevent D to end the half.... The fumble at midfield as you run out the clock with a minute left... The missed PAT....

Drizzlers win 24-23

Drizzlers:
J. Elway: 71.4, 12/22, 146 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT
L. Murray: 14 carries, 123 yds, 2 TDs // 2 rec, 22 yds
D. Sims: 6 rec, 70 yds
L. David: 5 Tkls, 1 TfL, 1 INT, 1 FF

Fernys:
J. Elway: 96.4, 12/19, 211 yds, 2 TDs, 2 INTs
L. Miller: 10 carries, 80 yds, 1 TD, 1 Fumble
K. Benjamin: 3 rec, 93 yds, 1 TD
D. McCourty: 5 Tkls, 1 INT

post score and who won pls
He knows who he's playing

Elway seems to be a common pull.

I got stuck with Matt Ryan
Elway was my first card so I proceeded to draft TY Hilton and no other receiver / TE. Got Murray, 4/5 Olineman in the mid 80s, and the rest is D. Turnovers were the difference so I think my draft won it for me more than my play. Had a ton of drops tho, was getting frustrating watching Dez and Kelvin get every 1 on 1 ball against me.

Fear (Clinton Loomis) Evil Geniuses (ID: 70884685) Released from team

cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif

edit----

New SEAcret announced, Alliance dead.... shit seems to be hitting the fan right now

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
RIP Tony Romo.

Jason Garrett should be fired for playing him in the preseason. You have to be a moron to think thats ok.

RIP Tony Romo.

Jason Garrett should be fired for playing him in the preseason. You have to be a moron to think thats ok.

Especially against the Seahawks D-Line. Romo must get cold chills any time he hears Seattle, he's had seemingly nothing but bad times up there.

I don't think he really shredded them but winning in Seattle was a big deal at the time

I remember the Cowboys trying to give the game away and Romo single handedly beat them

He did, but they won a Super Bowl that year so I forgot about it.

No they didnt... the opposite actually!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6sFNIMcoqg

this is one of the great plays of that season. if this shit happened in madden i would nerd rage so hard after

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I've been thinking about it and Pete would probably be a more competitive member of the league than I can be. I still need to practice my game to become good enough to compete in here. I don't think it's fair to Pete to need to be booted so someone like me can probably go 0-16.

I sent a PM to Pete and offered him my spot as the Steelers as long as that is cool with everyone here. I don't mind sitting out and jumping in to fill a spot after the first season.

I've been thinking about it and Pete would probably be a more competitive member of the league than I can be. I still need to practice my game to become good enough to compete in here. I don't think it's fair to Pete to need to be booted so someone like me can probably go 0-16.

I sent a PM to Pete and offered him my spot as the Steelers as long as that is cool with everyone here. I don't mind sitting out and jumping in to fill a spot after the first season.

I really want Pete here but I don't want you to feel like you gotta go. There's a learning curve, you'll figure it out. You won't ge better playing the CPU, human games are a different animal.

DietRob

I really want Pete here but I don't want you to feel like you gotta go. There's a learning curve, you'll figure it out. You won't ge better playing the CPU, human games are a different animal.

Nah, it's all good Phee. I don't feel pressured to leave at all. I just feel bad for a good player to have to sit out for me a not so good player. I've been having a good time in MUT anyways so I'll just play that and continue my All-Madden offline franchise to keep getting better.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Nah, it's all good Phee. I don't feel pressured to leave at all. I just feel bad for a good player to have to sit out for me a not so good player. I've been having a good time in MUT anyways so I'll just play that and continue my All-Madden offline franchise to keep getting better.

The skill level of a person is not even in the top 3 of things id think about when selecting people to be in this league.

If you want out, thats your decision. But right now, thats a bad reason in my opinion.

rob you were doing fine... you almost beat me and i am the undisputed greatest player in the league for sure so that is something to hang your hat on!

the only way you can get better is playing against human opponents. all-madden against the CPU is torture and will often times have the opposite effect (you may get worse vs. humans!)

of course if you are just not interested in playing at this point then what can i say? you were a great league member last year and you are set up with a pretty great team so i have no doubt you'd compete.

then again maybe (as a bengals fan) you hate the steelers so much you can't stand to use them!

DietRob

The skill level of a person is not even in the top 3 of things id think about when selecting people to be in this league.

If you want out, thats your decision. But right now, thats a bad reason in my opinion.

I don't "want out" but I do at least want to give the opportunity to Pete to play if he wants too. For the past couple of seasons I've been a season 2 recruit and I'm OK with that. I don't want to be selfish and keep a guy out that is a good league member.

Ultimately the decision to put Pete in should he accept the offer is up to the four 'board members' I just wanted to put the offer on the table. I'm cool with either outcome.

I remember when I started in this league I was in a division with Rors, Vumpler and Konex and I thought I would never win a game.

10 years later I am still here taking abuse and while I'm not elite I would say I've improved in ways I wouldn't have by purely playing randos or the CPU. There's a lot of cool people in the league these days who are more than willing to help share knowledge and like CB said things that are really nice in a league member are people who consistently play their games and who aren't generally shitty to deal with.

I don't "want out" but I do at least want to give the opportunity to Pete to play if he wants too. For the past couple of seasons I've been a season 2 recruit and I'm OK with that. I don't want to be selfish and keep a guy out that is a good league member.

Ultimately the decision to put Pete in should he accept the offer is up to the four 'board members' I just wanted to put the offer on the table. I'm cool with either outcome.

my preference is to not replace anyone. pete is my boy and i trust he is going to find his way into the league but this isn't the ideal way in my opinion. it's not really up to the commishes, i think all of us would say the samething (that we have the league roster set and lets roll with it)

I remember when I started in this league I was in a division with Rors, Vumpler and Konex and I thought I would never win a game.

10 years later I am still here taking abuse and while I'm not elite I would say I've improved in ways I wouldn't have by purely playing randos or the CPU. There's a lot of cool people in the league these days who are more than willing to help share knowledge and like CB said things that are really nice in a league member are people who consistently play their games and who aren't generally shitty to deal with.

you've won the division and made the playoffs!

Somnia

Rob, I'm not very good but that shouldn't be a reason to leave my man. I've had my good seasons and as long as you're having fun that's what matters.

I'll probably never have a better season than my playoff run a few years ago (ironically Romo got hurt and cost me my run), but it's playing with everyone in the league that keeps me coming back.

Obviously up to you, but I think you should stay.

DietRob

my preference is to not replace anyone. pete is my boy and i trust he is going to find his way into the league but this isn't the ideal way in my opinion. it's not really up to the commishes, i think all of us would say the samething (that we have the league roster set and lets roll with it)

Well shit lol. I def wasn't trying to rock the boat or make things more difficult. I figured everyone would be cool with it. I need to learn how to be a selfish asshole hahaa

Ferny

Rob you can stay in and Pete will get in the league at some point. People always drop down the line.

Stay in. I lost a bunch of games because I had to play with Geno half a season. It sucked but playing against people is way more fun than playing against CPU

DietRob

Rob you should quit for sure
And play dota

I've got to stay in now.. I have already put 300 hours (I know that's not much at all) into beating my head against the wall playing Dota.

again sorry for causing trouble that's absolutely not what i wanted to do. i'll pm pete again and tell him sorry but no deal.

brentech

Nothing against Pete, but ultimately, he's usually one of the first people to leave the league each year that I've been a part of this. (since the switch to PS4)
Again, I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but it should be a small consideration. Otherwise, I've never had an issue getting a game with him going.

Depending on how things go with the baby when she arrives, I very well might be the first one out. Looks like the league is going to be starting pretty much right at that time - might be tough.

Stay in. I lost a bunch of games because I had to play with Geno half a season.

And things like this. Last year, in season two and three, my team was the pits. Defense was slow as shit, I felt completely helpless and at my opponents will on defense. After some strong drafts, I turned that D into a top contender that got the Browns back to the playoffs.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Yo dudes when is the league scheduled to start? Sorry for not being around but I am on super crunch time in my project until the end of labor day week. When do I have to play AT?

Top Bottom