• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '17 PS4 Online League Thread: DOTA is dead, long live DOTA

Smokey

Been playing BF1 beta on PC on my 4k monitor. Changed a few settings. Ambient Occlusion - SSAO, Mesh Quality - High, AA - FXAA Med. Everything else at Ultra.

Results at 4k:
Frames Time (ms) Min Max Avg
42202 709141 40 89 59.511

Fuk it that's 60fps to me. DICE are gawds. 4k60 whewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Been playing BF1 beta on PC on my 4k monitor. Changed a few settings. Ambient Occlusion - SSAO, Mesh Quality - High, AA - FXAA Med. Everything else at Ultra.

Results at 4k:

Come play GO with me

I'm dominating this game

cdyhybrid

Results at 4k:

Nice

CS.png

There's a Chantico's Fire in that box. LET'S GO

or not :(

LJ11

Maybe I need to look into opening some ports on my router or something. Even after power-cycling everything I still end up getting disconnected from EA servers all the time. Now it's even started happening when I go into things like my lineup or the item binder.

I've been flipping puzzle pieces and some silvers/bronze cards as well. I started with around 15k and I think I'm up to a little over 30k now. I am trying to unlock the Clowney puzzle though since I already have 7 of 10. Those last couple of pieces are expensive as fuck though.

Rob, here's the play with puzzle pieces right now. EA released a new set today, add five puzzle pieces and get an elite offensive or defensive player, you can do both sets, not repeatable. So you need 10 puzzle pieces to do both sets. The Elite players that you get cannot be auctioned, you're stuck with them until EA makes some upgrade set for players you can't auction. You can take advantage of this and make good money. I just made about 70k and I wasn't even trying to be honest, too tired.

Here's the play. Go to the AH, filter by MUT Puzzle, and then Collectible. Sort from buy it now low to high. Make note of the going rate of the lowest collectible piece. Then go into the players under the set, and search for the puzzle pieces there. If the AH price via buy it now is higher than the pieces under the Set, buy the piece under the set and quickly flip.

An example, I go into the AH and see that the cheapest Buy it Now is 8k, but when I go under the Clowney set and look around I find 10 pieces for about 4k-4.4k. I buy the pieces for 4k, turnaround and put them up for 1 hr at 7-8k or whatever the market is showing. Profit is there, folks are irrational and are using the AH house to buy the pieces instead of going under the player set. They just want the Elite players asap and are willing to buy whatever piece is necessary. The AH is flooded, it only shows 100 items at a time, so you don't know the cheapest price, you just see the cheapest in that group of 100 which is wrong, there are cheaper pieces but you cant see them.

This is why you don't use buy it now unless you use a bunch of filters to whittle it down to one specific item. Make note of this for upcoming promos, good way to sucker the suckers.

Edit: This may be dead by tomorrow, and don't go crazy if you missed it, there will be other opportunities, trust me. But just check tomorrow, and if it's still popping, hop on the bubble, just get it out before it pops.

TheCrow

After 3 hours of waiting I can confidently announce that no one plays ranked random draft on US East or West. Maybe I'll have better luck tomorrow.

BigAT

After 3 hours of waiting I can confidently announce that no one plays ranked random draft on US East or West. Maybe I'll have better luck tomorrow.

I think people have definitely moved away from it to an extent. I didn't quite have the problems you had, but whenever I have solo queued for it recently I've had abnormally long wait times (5-7 minutes, which usually never happened) and when I did get into a game, the skill levels were all over the place in a way that clearly suggested the acceptable net for players had been expanded in order to actually put a game together.

Agree with Rors that they fucked up the mode when they decided to double the hero pool for absolutely no reason.

TheCrow

Random draft is worthless now that it's not really all that random. It's more like All-Pick: half edition.

I think people have definitely moved away from it to an extent. I didn't quite have the problems you had, but whenever I have solo queued for it recently I've had abnormally long wait times (5-7 minutes, which usually never happened) and when I did get into a game, the skill levels were all over the place in a way that clearly suggested the acceptable net for players had been expanded in order to actually put a game together.

Agree with Rors that they fucked up the mode when they decided to double the hero pool for absolutely no reason.
It's still infinitely better than all pick. Even with the new banning phase but that only gets rid of a handful of heroes vs more than half the pool being removed in random draft. It looks like most ranked random draft games take place in China, so they love random draft. China continues winning!
I was queuing for ranked! But I might have to give up on that if random draft is really dead.

Smokey

Just doing the annual check in!

Looks like I remain the undisputed back to back to back to back champion, and imokwiththat.

Just doing the annual check in!

Looks like I remain the undisputed back to back to back to back champion, and imokwiththat.

The champion of what? Cheating? Being Smokey Goodell?

51708881.jpg

Never forget.

Also come on you know leagues are dead. It's time to win that trip to NOLA and
meet 2k BAE
!!!

Ferny

Not even getting 2k this year. I AM getting FIFA 17 tho. Who's with me?!

brent!? I know you love soccer bro

shake is not invited. hate that guy's face!

any update on Madden patch?

supposedly out soon!

i hope they don't mess with things too much. really like how the game plays now. i completely dumpstered CB last night in our first game, to where he had to quit at halftime with me up 21-0. then he claimed it happened because of HFA so we played another game where he was at home and he beat me by 7 points in a close game :(

i do agree there is some HFA but not to the degree he thinks. also, a week ago i thought the accuracy was way over powered in QB's, and while i still think QB's are still a little too accurate, i don't think it's all that bad. just took some time to get a feel for what the defense will do to get the right play call

Top Bottom