• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '17 PS4 Online League Thread: DOTA is dead, long live DOTA

Greg

support for the game has been crazy good - so much new content on a consistent basis, all free, and the only paid content is cosmetic

and with the way all their systems interact, even little additions like items/skills introduce tons of new ways to play/build

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
support for the game has been crazy good - so much new content on a consistent basis, all free, and the only paid content is cosmetic

and with the way all their systems interact, even little additions like items/skills introduce tons of new ways to play/build

Ive actually only played like 30 minutes of that game. Seemed fine.

Greg

Ive actually only played like 30 minutes of that game. Seemed fine.
feels like just another loot game initially, and you'd think the huge talent tree is probably just a gimmick, but once you really get into some of the systems (support gems specifically) things really open up and it definitely holds its own spot in the genre

the mechanics will never work well in PVP, and at the highest level in PVE the combat can even feel a bit sloppy, but I can't think of any other game that let's you create so many unique characters/playstyles that are actually viable, and there's all kinds of crazy things possible if you're just trying to min/max a single character

CB3

feels like just another loot game initially, and you'd think the huge talent tree is probably just a gimmick, but once you really get into some of the systems (support gems specifically) things really open up and it definitely holds its own spot in the genre

the mechanics will never work well in PVP, and at the highest level in PVE the combat can even feel a bit sloppy, but I can't think of any other game that let's you create so many unique characters/playstyles that are actually viable, and there's all kinds of crazy things possible if you're just trying to min/max a single character

i might give it another shot

CB3

Hard knocks so boring this year

They've had to show that hot mermaid like 3 times because they have nothing else.

Hard Knocks has been pretty average for a while now. I feel like the last interesting that happened on that show was when Chad Johnson had that domestic issue and they released him on camera.

But that one guys doesn't believe in dinosaurs he's so wacky and zany oh my what a character LoLz

Honestly how does that shit get so much camera time

for those that care, here are the madden patch notes:

Fixed a gameplay issue where the player on defense could tell if the opponent was going to run or pass
Client-side fix for the bug where you could see ratings of the upcoming draft class prior to the draft (server fix already applied to Cloud Franchises)
Reduce the amount of strip-tackle attempts made by the CPU
Fixed a major desync which was happening when a user went from Skills Trainer to Online (happened fairly often after the new-user flow)
No passing icons on PA, Force defender tuning, nano detection system tuning, users not getting stamina penalty when meter depleted
Force defenders not dropping back vs. run when in zone coverage; Play Action desync; Fumble frequency in MUT solos.
Lots of high priority gameplay fixes that includes:
Stripping the Ball from behind the ball carrier is overpowered - We found a bug where the defender was getting multiple rolls at causing a fumble per animation
Occasionally on Play-Action passes, the user would be unable to throw the ball
Play-Action Pass Desync Online Head to Head Desync
MUT Online - Fixed an issue with Cowboys uniforms that could result in a 'white on white' situation
Acquisitions Screen showing rookie/free agent ratings before the draft - fixed
Fixed a crash that would occur in the Guantlet after making an interception in the Big Man Rumble challenge
Occasionally, users were triggering 'Nano Detection' when successfully using the 'Off the Line Mechanic' on RT as a pass rusher
Occasionally, users would lose all pre-play functionality when selecting a defensive linemen while breaking the huddle
Occasionally, user would see defensive plays disappear in the playbook screen after selecting an audible during the previous play
Fumbles occurring too frequently in MUT solos where the CPU-controlled team started with the lead
Force Players will be better at containing the edge once they get engaged
Force player will be faster in breaking out of Read and React and into Force
Cover 1 plays were sometimes not aligning to Trips formations correctly
Occasionally, offensive linemen would run to the end zone and not block when running no huddle repeatedly in Draft Champions.
When Force players on the playside of any non-counter runs had a zone coverage assignment, they would drop back into coverage at the snap - this has been fixed
Fixed a Crash in Franchise mode that would sometimes occur in Franchise mode Practice during goal completion

So is this the patch?

Can we start or are we waiting for the final roster update in another week?

Also Cola, if this is the big one, I guess we can fight for Sexy G

CB3

Playing with smokes again?

gjn81wvxqsq6yzcwubok.png

brentech

Rob jumped into my twitch while playing BF1....couldn't hear me, which I figured would be the case as I never set up my audio gates.

But those microphone problems I've been having for months....was just a setting I couldn't figure out.
FailFish.png

I guess the MSI motherboard has an audio 'enhancement'. After trying out my usb microphone which worked totally fine, and then a different microphone through the audio jack that had the same problem, I figured it out.

Computer w/ W8.1 = good, microphone = good. PS4 ~ eh

jugg-dizzy.gif

brentech

I've only been on 1 map, but I'm actually extremely surprised at how well BF1 runs. I only play at 1080P at ultra, but I also have 3 monitors and was streaming with OBS, and it had completely negligible effect on my experience.
I'm sure they're out there, but in my 2 hours of playing so far I haven't had any bugs or crashes with it either.
Really hope the end product is that smooth.

rinse82

I can't even connect to a bf1 game on PS4.

Had same issue with Battlefront so seems like my router doesn't like DICE games.

Tried opening every port imaginable but no luck

brentech

I've never tried any of their games on a console.

er, nvm, I played the beta of star wars battlefront on ps4 - quickly decided the game wasn't good enough to buy

Smokey

I've only been on 1 map, but I'm actually extremely surprised at how well BF1 runs. I only play at 1080P at ultra, but I also have 3 monitors and was streaming with OBS, and it had completely negligible effect on my experience.
I'm sure they're out there, but in my 2 hours of playing so far I haven't had any bugs or crashes with it either.
Really hope the end product is that smooth.

Seems they learned some good stuff from Battlefront.

I can play it at 4k60 with only AA turned down and Mesh at High. 1440p Ultra I get 80fps, and with High settings I avg ~110fps.

I downloaded the beta on X1 and it literally felt like I was playing from a different console generation. I dunno if it's 720p or what, but it was jarring as fuck.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Hard knocks so boring this year

The only compelling story line for me is if Will Hayes will come to accept science and believe in dinosaurs.

This is my first year watching Hard Knocks. Are there any hard knocks seasons that are 'must see' because it seems like something I would enjoy with a more interesting team.

Top Bottom