• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '17 PS4 Online League Thread: DOTA is dead, long live DOTA

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I'm gonna be pretty busy tomorrow. We might be able to get it in late night tho. Free all of Sunday.

Let's plan on playing Sunday night after 9pm ET. I hope it's not too weird going from playing on normal speed in MUT to playing on slow in the league.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Yo one thing that was really good from the casual league a few years back was that they use Group Me app to contact each other. Can we think about that? I thought it was really gud.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
We can use the discord channel. I forget how to get the invite link to that thing, though.

Colasante

Whaaat, do the Jets really have a worse roster than the Ravens? That's hard for me to believe. I won't be able to sign in until later tonight.

Greg

there's no connected franchise site? do I have to manually count the people on my roster?

I can be just as lazy as EA

injuries are off for the pre-season. in addition, all players are completely healthy at this point (no injury carry overs from real life!)

ps

greg are you playing all madden slow?

because all madden and all pro "slow" settings are two different things

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
injuries are off for the pre-season. in addition, all players are completely healthy at this point (no injury carry overs from real life!)

ps

OK Great.

I will cut Bradford then, you can have him back CB, I'll keep my picks.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
There used to be league invites. Now we have to type into a search engine. California was a mistake.

DietRob

I've always let the CPU handle cutting down my roster so I'm scared to death that I'm going to end up cutting someone that I shouldn't lol. I keep backing out of the 'do you really want to cut this player screen'.

This is going to take me forever. I think I'm just going to look for a list of who the real Steeler's cut and just go with that. I'm too indecisive

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I'm trying to remember where to find out how many people are on the roster, without doing actual math

Greg

I'm was in practice mode in our franchise

just feels/looks off to me... like the movement of the sticks aren't as in sync with what the players are doing

I could be crazy, but I'm looking at Madden 16 online franchise vids I uploaded to YouTube last year, and it looks faster/more natural

I'm trying to remember where to find out how many people are on the roster, without doing actual math
CB helped me there - go to the manual trade screen and it shows the number

I'm was in practice mode in our franchise

just feels/looks off to me... like the movement of the sticks aren't as in sync with what the players are doing

I could be crazy, but I'm looking at Madden 16 online franchise vids I uploaded to YouTube last year, and it looks faster/more natural

CB helped me there - go to the manual trade screen and it shows the number

just play head to head online and you will see the difference. no clue how it translates to single player, but that doesn't matter for our league.

*IF* for some reason the CCM "speed" is different from what we've all been playing on in head to head (and it wouldn't surprise me if it is), then we can adjust accordingly

DietRob

Anyone know how we can designate some of these guys to our practice squad? I don't see the option only 'trade' or 'cut'.

Some of them do have a 'practice squad eligible' graphic by their pictures so I'm guessing its not an option until later in the preseason?

Got a TE with an OVR of 38. Didn't even think Madden would put people that low

remember that OVR rating relates to YOUR scheme. you could give me that same TE and he may be a 60 in my scheme. None of his stats change, it's just what you "value" in a TE or whatever position. (for instance if i value blocking TE, and your guy has a blocking rating that's really low, it doesn't matter that he might have an 85 speed and 80 cth, he's going to have a low OVR in my scheme)

Top Bottom