• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '17 PS4 Online League Thread: DOTA is dead, long live DOTA

LJ11

My internet is trash right now, tech guy coming on Tuesday. I won't hold up the league, but wanted to give you guys a heads up.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I know you don't want us editing anyone, but can I please change Greg Hardys name so Greg Hardy isn't on my team?

Rob! Want to play?

Your the one that took his ass in FA. lol
I would have taken him and who gives a shit about his name.

Sure I'll play. Wait.. I need to do practice to get a feel for the speed since it's changed. I also just got done playing super slow offline Draft champs so i need to adjust

DJ Bowser

Bowser I'm gonna take my dog out and grab some food, will be back in like 30 if you're still up to play then.
Would any later work for you? My GF is gonna kick me off of the PS4 to watch Indiana jones. If it doesn't work, I might be able to convince her Indiana Jones sucks via groveling.

BigAT

Neat:

9tCMy4t.jpg

DietRob

Wow.. has the XP required for upgrades increased dramatically or am I remembering things wrong from last year?

I still have rookie Roberts as well

84 spd, 86 tackle, 78 block shed, 89 hit power, 82 str

But Gooden is too good to pass up

Wow.. has the XP required for upgrades increased dramatically or am I remembering things wrong from last year?

No, it's fucking stupid insane.

I don't know how I'm going to improve anyone with any significance with the XP requirements.

It takes 1700 XP to do one single point in pass block for a year 1 guard. How the fuck is he going to improve with those requirements?

Would any later work for you? My GF is gonna kick me off of the PS4 to watch Indiana jones. If it doesn't work, I might be able to convince her Indiana Jones sucks via groveling.

Yeah I'll be up awhile.

I still have rookie Roberts as well

84 spd, 86 tackle, 78 block shed, 89 hit power, 82 str

But Gooden is too good to pass up

I don't know how I'm going to improve anyone with any significance with the XP requirements.

It takes 1700 XP to do one single point in pass block for a year 1 guard. How the fuck is he going to improve with those requirements?

Germain Ifeldi gained 300 XP from the one pre-season game I played. Not knowing how much is gained from practice but it sounds like one could hope for maybe 3-4 attribute points for a normal progression player in a season. That's only a hair worse than last year.

DietRob

I wonder if we'll get more in game. I played a few offline franchise games and it did seem like XP popped up a lot but I didn't check the actual numbers afterwards.

Yes, Drizz I'm getting ready.

BigAT

Just a heads up/lolmadden, for whatever reason the game let's you oversign above 53 players this year. You can't start a game until you're back down to 53, but just keep in mind if you sign someone it doesn't necessarily mean you have roster space for him.

DCX

DCX
Just a heads up/lolmadden, for whatever reason the game let's you oversign above 53 players this year. You can't start a game until you're back down to 53, but just keep in mind if you sign someone it doesn't necessarily mean you have roster space for him.
True. You could assign then to practice squad if they are eligible.

DCX

DJ Bowser

Yeah I'll be up awhile.

Germain Ifeldi gained 300 XP from the one pre-season game I played. Not knowing how much is gained from practice but it sounds like one could hope for maybe 3-4 attribute points for a normal progression player in a season. That's only a hair worse than last year.

I'll be ready in a couple minutes. I'll send the invite when I am.

Should I stream?

Hey CB I might not be able to play for at least an hour, gotta give the wife a little time after I did madden and overwatch for like 4 hours today ha

Nightz

GG Crimson, got a couple of lucky bounces that went my way in the first half. Was nice to not have a laggy game against you for once!

Gg Rob. Couldn't force a TO for shit, fumble gods were cruel. Made some terrible decisions with the ball. Good defensive game until you blew it open in the fourth! Can't believe there was a blocked kick week 1 lol.

Cousins: 55.2, 13/20, 185 yds, 0 TD, 2 INT, 1 Fumble
Jones: 8 carries, 34 yds, 1 TD // 3 rec, 29 yds
Jackson: 3 rec, 83 yds
Hardy: 4 Tkls, 1 TfL, 2 Sacks, 1 FF

Roethlisberger: 78.1, 9/16, 112 yds, 0 TDs, 0 INTs
Bell: 17 carries, 128 yds, 1 TD // 1 rec, 4 yds
Brown: 2 rec, 40 yds
Shazier: 6 Tkls, 1 TfL, 1 Sack, 1 FF, 1 FR, 1 TD

Steelers: 19
Skins: 7

Bread

Banned
That's actually pretty useful! Now if you see someone in FA you can pick him up asap and worry about dropping someone after. Could allow for some trolling opportunities though.

DJ Bowser

Just watched the replay of that long TD run by Graham, my LT got away with absolute murder for holding on the defensive end.

Graham's long TD was also aided by the game switching me to the FS rather than the LB close to Graham so my dive to tackle took the FS out of the play and the top off the defense. Combine that with recovering your own fumble for a TD... was rough.

Suck for Luck in effect!

Top Bottom