• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '17 PS4 Online League Thread: DOTA is dead, long live DOTA

Somnia

I'm up if you want to play sometime between now and when the games start. If not, Monday works for me.

Let's do Monday, I have some cooking to do and errands to run before I go over to a friends for a big get together for the start of the season.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FA was opened up after 11 PM on a Saturday night? GG shadow council. Congrats to those lucky enough to have been around to have seen that 15-20 minute warning

I was at 54 in week 2 of pre-season since the trade takes one week to process. Hopefully it cut that scrub and not anyone I needed.

BigAT

Anyone else having trouble with training? Had it hang and freeze for me on the loading screen now both times all three times I've attempted it.

Az what's your availability look like today?

I might have a pocket of time between 12-2ET, otherwise later tonight after 9

9 eastern? I can do that.

Anyone else having trouble with training? Had it hang and freeze for me on the loading screen now both times all three times I've attempted it.

Haven't had problems with training in both the madden league and my personal league. Both cloud franchises.

brentech

GG, brent

crazy game to start the season

I feel nothing
dac15_sad.gif

SkinnyIncompleteFennecfox.gif

It was a wild game though. Really need to find a pass rush, it felt like I was under pressure every pass and seemed like I was in coverage for an hour on defense.

Greg

I was wondering what happened on that INT - I did pick underneath, but didn't expect a magic trick

and yeah, blitzes seemed to be getting through for me and the coverage attempts you just picked apart

brentech

I was wondering what happened on that INT - I did pick underneath, but didn't expect a magic trick

and yeah, blitzes seemed to be getting through for me and the coverage attempts you just picked apart

Yeah, when I threw the ball and saw the trajectory it took, I didn't expect to get a TD, but figured at the worst it would be batted down and I'd pick up a FG. It hurt even more because just 1 play prior, Cook dropped the ball in the endzone while uncovered. Hit him right in the hands.
Yeah, I think my training is just fucked. Restarted the PS4, reloaded the franchise separately. Nothing.
That's strange. I did manage to get through it last night without problem. Maybe cut your best pass rushers and see if that fixes it?

Greg

Yeah, when I threw the ball and saw the trajectory it took, I didn't expect to get a TD, but figured at the worst it would be batted down and I'd pick up a FG. It hurt even more because just 1 play prior, Cook dropped the ball in the endzone while uncovered. Hit him right in the hands.
I got bailed out so hard there

same with when I played the flats hard on your one 3rd down and lucked out with the 1v1 tackle on Jordy

also there is no daddy leagues site (i haven't even renewed it anyways yet) because EA hasn't finished THEIR online site/app thing, which is where daddy leagues draws from. so... even if i renewed it, madden 17 isn't able to work with it yet :/

I like the focus training. The XP values suck. Hard to build up scrubs.

DCX

Do you have to do training before you play your game? I tried to do it after and all I had was free practice.

took 2 seahawks players and a vikings player off practice squad. thx bros!

Who did you take? I actually cut my entire practice squad and then tried to fill it out with guys who had more interesting stats but there wasn't a lot to choose from.

Edit: Oh looks like you took the LBers, okay.

DCX

DCX
Do you have to do training before you play your game? I tried to do it after and all I had was free practice.

Who did you take? I actually cut my entire practice squad and then tried to fill it out with guys who had more interesting stats but there wasn't a lot to choose from.

since I haven't played my game, I would say that's probably the way to go. I haven't had a problem.

DCX

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.

Yes, you must do the training prior to the game to take advantage of focused training. Also this year you can have your Offense and Defense focus on a certain strategy like "Curls/Flat routes" or "Cover 2 defense" to get a slight boost when you call those type of plays in that weeks game.

Yes, you must do the training prior to the game to take advantage of focused training. Also this year you can have your Offense and Defense focus on a certain strategy like "Curls/Flat routes" or "Cover 2 defense" to get a slight boost when you call those type of plays in that weeks game.

Yeah I knew about the focus part, my focus this week was slants and cover 1. It apparently tries to base it on your opponents tendencies which I don't know how it determines those with zero data so far. I wonder if you still get XP if you don't do the training on your own, probably not.

Yeah I knew about the focus part, my focus this week was slants and cover 1. It apparently tries to base it on your opponents tendencies which I don't know how it determines those with zero data so far. I wonder if you still get XP if you don't do the training on your own, probably not.

I believe you do, after this week you can sim the training if you get gold and if you got gold the first time, you'll always get the gold boosts

DietRob

I believe you do, after this week you can sim the training if you get gold and if you got gold the first time, you'll always get the gold boosts

I hope that's how it works. I got gold on both offense and defense in practice this week so it would be cool if I didn't have to do them and still get that gold bonus.

i took a lb and a receiver (receiver had 96 speed)

I hope that's how it works. I got gold on both offense and defense in practice this week so it would be cool if I didn't have to do them and still get that gold bonus.
Yeah When I tested it on my own franchise that is how it worked, though with certain opponents, that concept boost might be valuable.

DietRob

Yeah When I tested it on my own franchise that is how it worked, though with certain opponents, that concept boost might be valuable.

It won't give me gold on verts if I only have gold on the slants practice right? Only if I focus on slants again I assume

Top Bottom