• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '17 PS4 Online League Thread: DOTA is dead, long live DOTA

DJ Bowser

wait is there in-season regression AND progression?
Yes. If you don't hit minimum requirements for certain players and have bad games, you will lose points to pertinent attributes.

Fumble twice, you'll lose a point or two to carrying.
Throw 3+ picks and you'll lose a couple points of awareness.

It gets expensive to recoup.

Yes. If you don't hit minimum requirements for certain players and have bad games, you will lose points to pertinent attributes.

Fumble twice, you'll lose a point or two to carrying.
Throw 3+ picks and you'll lose a couple points of awareness.

It gets expensive to recoup.

Wow that's crazy. Does Awareness matter at all for QBs when we are user controlling them?

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Surgery was a easy peasy in and out in about 3 hours. Now I'm home hopped up on pain pills and ready to send some money on MUT packs 🤔

I thought it was suggested last year that lower awareness also causes more throws to be "off" due to pressure and whatnot as well, though it was probably just speculation.

that was my own speculation (and others) based on some readings, but there was a shit ton other people who did a bunch of data stuff and said it don't matter.

When I played last year with Jimmy G, who had low awareness, I didn't see much in "off throws" that couldn't be attributed to lower stats.

Surgery was a easy peasy in and out in about 3 hours. Now I'm home hopped up on pain pills and ready to send some money on MUT packs ��

Appendix right?

Apparently I was a little too early for the small mico-incisions back in 2004 (4th grade), because when I had appendicitis they cut a seven inch gash on my stomach. Was in the hospital for a day or two.

Glad it was easy for you and it went well

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
back in 2004 (4th grade)

N5pjznA.gif

DietRob

Yea it was appendix tlbb. They cut me in 3 places. In my belly button and once on both sides. The scarring should be almost unnoticeable.

I think NHL peaked in that 7OT game we lost with an own goal during the beta.

Thats the happiest ive ever been to lose.

I remember that game, I recall just falling on the floor after that own goal. Though I don't remember if I was laughing or closer to death

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I was dying laughing. Losing like that was way better than winning. I cant remember who's fault it was.

brentech

There is a system update tomorrow on the PS4, just an FYI

One of the new features has the new consoles in mind for upgraders:
Data Transfer to New PS4
In order to make it easier to get all of your data from one PS4 to another, especially if you upgrade to PS4 Pro, we’ve added the ability to transfer data over a wired LAN connection. You can transfer games, user info, and saved data. Of course, you can re-download content and transfer saves through the cloud, but the LAN transfer should be much faster and easier.
Those are just some of the more prominent additions making their way to PS4 in this update, but there are a number of other refinements to the system software overall. Please enjoy!

As well as streaming updates
1080p streaming for Remote Play on PC/Mac and compatible Xperia devices
1080p streaming for Share Play
1080p 30/60fps live broadcasting on YouTube
1080p 30fps live broadcasting on Twitch

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I think my router sucks. I am just going to get a 100 ft ethernet cable and go wired from here on out. The lag was killing me until I turned off the stream.

Either way, crazy game. I was down 18-0 going into the 4th and managed to score 21 straight to set up a game winning drive for ez. Got very lucky with a pick to seal it. I lost both Diggs and Kyle Rudolph in the game, Rudolph is actually out for 9 weeks now. Absolutely brutal since I am somewhat bereft of talent outside of AP and some defenders.

One thing is for sure, Treadwell is a fucking beast. He's like Alshon Jeffrey lite.

BigAT

I feel like my solo queue DOTA experiences were never as bad as my CS GO ones

I feel like it got significantly worse after our long break. Before there were certainly plenty of times when players were bad, but it almost always felt like real matches still. Now I feel like 80% of people you get treat competitive matches like pubs, dick around and can barely be bothered to pay attention.

Maybe I just need to level up to my old rank and it will be more serious there, but I get the feeling that isn't necessarily the case. It certainly isn't encouraging me to play more.

I feel like it got significantly worse after our long break. Before there were certainly plenty of times when players were bad, but it almost always felt like real matches still. Now I feel like 80% of people you get treat competitive matches like pubs, dick around and can barely be bothered to pay attention.

Maybe I just need to level up to my old rank and it will be more serious there, but I get the feeling that isn't necessarily the case. It certainly isn't encouraging me to play more.

I've played with plenty of people in the higher ranks who are not that good or screw around way too much. I feel like I've been playing well enough to get out of this shitty silver stage but it's tough to break into gold. The match I had this afternoon was great, all 5 guys on the mic (Though I had to mute one) and we had a comeback. This last one, nobody on mic, and people were baiting left and right. It was hard to deal with.

DJ Bowser

agree he's easily the worst part of the show an actual dickbag and dirty coach.
When I lived in Memphis, I'd listen to the post-Titans game coaches show... He was a miserable turd- a black hole that sucked any joy and charisma out of his surroundings and crushed it into nothingness.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
The amount of people that still play overwatch like its a round of call of duty team deathmatch is insane.

DietRob

You know Hard Knocks is over, right? preseason/TC only.

Dang, no I didn't know that. This is my first season watching hard knocks. The way the last episode ended it didn't seem like it was over. Oh well. It was fun to watch.

Sucks that previous seasons of Hard Knocks aren't on HBO Go. I haven't checked Amazon Video but I would be interested in watching some of the previous ones. Any Hard Knocks that are 'must watch'?

edit - Oh cool. The Bengals were on hard knocks in 2013 per IMDB. Still can't figure out where to stream it. Almost all of HBO's catalog is on Prime except Hard Knocks... doh!

brentech

The amount of people that still play overwatch like its a round of call of duty team deathmatch is insane.

I wanted to play for a while, but my first game I had a kid playing Bastion on offense....sitting in the base just trying to hit people in the tiniest window.
Why even bother loading the game, how is this a thing?

Top Bottom