• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '17 PS4 Online League Thread: DOTA is dead, long live DOTA

CsNQgKvWIAAOPI-.jpg:large

GG no re.

Tim Kawakami
‏@timkawakami
49ers yards in the second half so far: -7.
Rams yards in the second half so far: 9.

Gross.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
CB:
"I wish there was someone else other than me and Windranger dealing damage this game"
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2640856230

Casters are always going to have that stat. You'll see the same thing with zeus, it has no barring on his actual contributions to the game.

You took Ogre mid (despite my pleading not to). Did well for the first 5 minutes then became a support. You had mana boots/veil at 30 minutes and was equal in xp to the lion that shared the lane with me, despite being in a solo lane to start.

All of which I wouldnt even care about 10 minutes from now if you didnt try to claim throughout and right after that he is still a good mid hero.

Splat

Casters are always going to have that stat. You'll see the same thing with zeus, it has no barring on his actual contributions to the game.

You took Ogre mid (despite my pleading not to). Did well for the first 5 minutes then became a support. You had mana boots/veil at 30 minutes and was equal in xp to the lion that shared the lane with me, despite being in a solo lane to start.

All of which I wouldnt even care about 10 minutes from now if you didnt try to claim throughout and right after that he is still a good mid hero.

Zeus gets that because every time he ult's he does 1k+ hero damage, even if 800 of it is inconsequential. Lion does magic damage too, where was he? My shitty mid game has nothing to do with ogre being a bad mid, but with me being bad.

When I picked him your complaint was his laning would suck against any ranged hero. Since that didn't hold out, you apparently need to retroactively change what you were complaining about.

BigAT

GG no re.

Gross.

Glad I turned this game off almost immediately and went to bed instead.

Dang, no I didn't know that. This is my first season watching hard knocks. The way the last episode ended it didn't seem like it was over. Oh well. It was fun to watch.

Sucks that previous seasons of Hard Knocks aren't on HBO Go. I haven't checked Amazon Video but I would be interested in watching some of the previous ones. Any Hard Knocks that are 'must watch'?

edit - Oh cool. The Bengals were on hard knocks in 2013 per IMDB. Still can't figure out where to stream it. Almost all of HBO's catalog is on Prime except Hard Knocks... doh!

Bengals were actually on twice. This is probably the worst year of Hard Knocks since I started watching with the first Bengals in 2009. The Jets were probably the most entertaining season so far, although both Bengal ones were pretty solid.

Somnia

I haven't messed with the new PS4 update much, but just an FYI it's out if you don't use rest mode.

The new quick menu when holding down the PS button is nice.

Rainbow 6 got a great patch

Unfortunately no one here plays it anymore, including myself :( but I will definitely try and jump on for games here and there still

BigAT

Good to see that even with the update the TV/Video apps I actually use are still buried at the absolute bottom of the list. I wouldn't want to miss out on Crackle!

Bread

Banned
Two division games to start the season against great opponents, and the nfc west is too strong! Gurley is going to need to drop 200 a game for me to win.

CB3

Eagles color rush uniforms are just the black alternates. I guess atleast its not some hideous thing.

brentech

HBOGO, Youtube and Twitch, which are below everything else. Netflix is the only one I use which is up top.

Ah okay. I used to use Amazon and Netflix on PS4, but now I just use Chromecast for everything that way I don't have to touch a controller to manage it.

Somnia

I'm going to attempt a FG pretty early in my next game to see if it auto desyncs again like it did with AT twice, curious to see if its something on my file or end causing it.

I don't remember it happening though in my games prior to the league.

Nightz

I'm not mad at the Chargers color rush uniforms, though I was hoping for powder blues. All white would have been cool too.

Steelers have the nicest color rush unis. Bengals actually pulled off the stripes which is dope. Fins are real nice though, glad there's that big white stripe on the pants, jets all green looks like pajamas. I think I'm getting a ReShad Jones jersey.

CB3

John Gonoude ‏@john_gonoude 11m11 minutes ago
John Gonoude Retweeted Pro Football Focus
.@PFF assigned Carson Wentz the highest passing grade by a rookie quarterback in Week 1 since Cam Newton in 2011.

Get fucked Bradford.

Bread

Banned
The Bioshock collection is so tempting.. I never played the 2nd and only made it about an hour into Infinite. The first is just so damn good and replayable.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Hey Splat would you rather play Wednesday or Thursday? Anytime after 11am ET is OK for me since I am off work all week!!

I could probably play after I play DM and do my training. I don't want to go to sleep later than midnight.

DCX
We could shoot for 11 ET (I personally hope to be done with my business by 10-10:30 ET. Fuck it, I will be) If you end up getting tired and pass out just let me know, we can do tomorrow at a more sensible time. I'll keep you updated later tonight, probably after your DM game, where I stand.

Have I already made more contact in a few hours than DM has in the last 3 days?

Wow my first post was made 15 minutes ago. I am losing it :(

Somnia

Drizzler I'm pretty sure we play week 2, what's your availability like? Unfortunately I'm pretty limited the next few nights.

CB3

The Bioshock collection is so tempting.. I never played the 2nd and only made it about an hour into Infinite. The first is just so damn good and replayable.

I thought 1 did age too well in alot of ways. I really liked infinite, didnt quite understand the backlash it got a month after everyone loved it.

DCX

DCX
We could shoot for 11 ET (I personally hope to be done with my business by 10-10:30 ET. Fuck it, I will be) If you end up getting tired and pass out just let me know, we can do tomorrow at a more sensible time. I'll keep you updated later tonight, probably after your DM game, where I stand.

Have I already made more contact in a few hours than DM has in the last 3 days?

Wow my first post was made 15 minutes ago. I am losing it :(
you already have and its refreshing. I made first contact Sunday. He responded saying he was out and we could play when he got home. Didn't get message. He was out late.

Planned on yesterday around 8-9. He was working late and couldn't play but maybe 2pm pst. I told him i couldn't play till 8:30 tonight. He said he could then. He is going away for a few days as a heads up to his next opponent.

I like DM. He is always a tough out and I wanna say one og my biggest rivals but man the communication is his worst attribute.

Either way, I will check with you after our game tonight.

DCX

Smokey

Never played B2.

Should be at my house on Thurs from Gamefly. I've completed B1 and Infinite, but I think I only played 2 mins of B2. Haven't played any of Bioshocks expansions either.

Somnia

I can play tonight. Tomorrow night Im on call. Thursday night I'm completely free but want to watch Bills Jets

I might be able to play tonight depending on when it advances and when I get home.

Only other option would be Thursday around 6:30PM CST as I'm helping out for the NBA2K late launch.

I might be able to play tonight depending on when it advances and when I get home.

Only other option would be Thursday around 6:30PM CST as I'm helping out for the NBA2K late launch.

Oh lord, I'm sure you'll have a hoot with the cast of characters in line for that one.

Speaking of 2k did you see they added the Jesus Bynum pose as a squad entrance?

LOL no, I only skimmed through those but some of them looked really hilarious. They added a lot of squad dances, which is something we've been looking for, because for two years now I've had to count down "3...2...1..."

Somnia

Oh lord, I'm sure you'll have a hoot with the cast of characters in line for that one.

Ya I'm excited... lol

I'm actually turning in my notice this weekend, can't do it anymore. I don't buy physical games so I don't even use my discount, it's pointless.

Bread

Banned
I thought 1 did age too well in alot of ways. I really liked infinite, didnt quite understand the backlash it got a month after everyone loved it.
The gunplay in those games are just really lacking, but the atmosphere of 1 makes going back really great.

Never played B2.

Should be at my house on Thurs from Gamefly. I've completed B1 and Infinite, but I think I only played 2 mins of B2. Haven't played any of Bioshocks expansions either.
I need to give Infinite another shot, I just hated how dependent it was on shooting in the early parts.

Bioshock 2 is under rated for sure, the shooting mechanics and creativity are best in the series, even if the story doesn't quite have the impact of the first one

to me, the gunplay isn't lacking at all in the bioshock series. there is such a great weightiness to the guns which works in conjunction with the animations/feedback from the enemies. it's fantastic and really the only other FPS that can compete is the new doom. they both did such a good job on that. my only problem with the new doom is some of the gun sound effects were weak :/

i was debating getting bioshock for ps4 (i like playing on my tv better than computer monitor) but it's sold out at amazon and i already have the games on pc so i just have to wait a couple days for the free upgrade on pc.

if you haven't played through all the bioshocks, do so! they are incredible games, the top of their class. i was also surprised to see people turn on Infinite so quickly. loved the game and the dlc was really good too. i've actually never finished minervas den. i had so many problems getting it to work on pc because of windows live

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Brent what is your schedule like? I know you have daddy duties so I want to be proactive in scheduling.

Also, I am out of town starting Friday morning and returning Sunday night. I can play late into Thursday and late Sunday when I get back

Brent what is your schedule like? I know you have daddy duties so I want to be proactive in scheduling.

Also, I am out of town starting Friday morning and returning Sunday night. I can play late into Thursday and late Sunday when I get back

league will vance to week 2 tonight, then the next vance would be friday

Top Bottom